• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Drug Sabbatical Support & Appreciation Thread Mk. III: New Beginnings

Same here summer, booze on its own feels lacking.. has done ever since i first tried stims.

Yeah, Mephedrone pretty much ruined getting drunk for me for quite a while. I would just get bored & tired on nights out drinking.

I was drinking pretty heavily at the end of Uni & year or so after that. It got to the point where I pretty much always wanted a drink in my hand & I would be finishing pints well well ahead of everyone else. Probably a good thing that I cut back after going on APs... meant I could actually start enjoying drinking & not feel rushed. More than happy just to have a single drink these days; although I'm abstaining from drinking altogether now.

I can count the number of times I've consumed alcohol this year on one hand. Partly out of choice and partly because my liver always hurts the next day after as little as two or three units.

My liver feels permanently swollen these last couple years. Dunno what else it could be that's sore in that region really. Gall bladder? That's around there somewhere isn't it but think that's supposed to hurt a helluva lot more if you have gall stones so am going with the liver theory. Did ask my GP to have a feel of it but after a brief palpation he said it felt fine to him. Think he was just trying to avoid prodding at me cos you're not supposed to ask two question when you have an appointment these days.

Been trying to cut back on the booze and drugs recently. Managed dry January but just about every weekend since then has been a binge, staying up most Fridays to Sunday taking all sorts and drinking. Been doing this for years and its definitely catching up on me, feel like I'm suffering from anxiety, I'm not sleeping well and constantly tired all week.

I've managed the last 2 weekends totally off it and also managed to go out to pubs and parties and stay totally sober which I didn't think I would be able to do. Been going to the gym a lot and eating well, feeling much better for it and feeling better mentally as well. Not intending to stay off it forever but going to try and keep it up for the next few weekends at least and want to keep the mad ones to a minimum in future.

Been going to the gym a lot and eating well, feeling much better for it and feeling better mentally as well. Not intending to stay off it forever but going to try and keep it up for the next few weekends at least and want to keep the mad ones to a minimum in future.

Well done. :)

I think that eating a healthy diet & doing some regular exercise makes a world of difference when it comes to drug taking. There is a tendency to let these things slip a bit... they make a huge difference to general wellbeing regardless of whether or not you are using drugs.

Certainly a good idea to try & cut back on the binges though. Been there myself & they certainly don't do any good. Used to take me a good week or so to feel back to normal after a weekend binge.

You'll enjoy your drugs more for the break when you get back to them.

1st August n I think I'm going to go a month without alcohol. If I drunk before then I give you mods permission to infract me for it (kidding). Thinking of going down to 2 mg next week or maybe after next Thursday when I've seen my keyworker. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

Evey

I'm having a day off from drugs due to err, running out of drugs but going to try and last the rest of the weekend too because I'm already really feeling not being on something. Very shaky and bit spaced out. Also I've been spending way too much money on drugs recently so cutting down is a good idea in that regard too.

Good for you. It's probably about time. Shaky and spaced out ain't good.

Though I guess that means you won't be accepting my invitation to come over and get wrecked, eh? Such is life. :D

I guess it is about time after being on for 2 weeks without a day off at all yeah :/ don't think I'll be able to go longer than this weekend if even that because I've got more coke turning up tomorrow but we'll see.

We can postpone the getting wrecked for a little while ;)

Coke turning up tomorrow? Ah, I see. Good luck!

Imagine how good it'd feel if you do manage to leave the stuff alone for a weekend though? A rest and a morale boost - can't really beat that.

Entirely up to you though, of course. ;)

Right, well that was a slight slip up... didn't do much coke but a little. Just going to soldier on & try see out the rest of the month sober. I'm sure I'll be able to really.

That's ok chatative. We all slip up, don't we?! I took 10mg suboxone n woke up today feeling incredibly guilty. As long as you get on the wagon, so to speak, well that's what truly matters. You're doing ace.

Evey

Taking an enforced sabbatical of several weeks from stim binges as my vendor of choice is closed for their holiday, fucking Europeans and their closing of business for holidays, (UK businesses dont do that) and my work schedule doesnt allow much time for them either. Other than that Im just dabbling in kratom on some of my days off, it seems quite easy to stick to a work day = no kratom rule, and a day off = get some if i want. Drinking a bit some evenings, but thats hardly a major issue.

Taking an enforced sabbatical of several weeks from stim binges as my vendor of choice is closed for their holiday, fucking Europeans and their closing of business for holidays, (UK businesses dont do that) and my work schedule doesnt allow much time for them either. Other than that Im just dabbling in kratom on some of my days off, it seems quite easy to stick to a work day = no kratom rule, and a day off = get some if i want. Drinking a bit some evenings, but thats hardly a major issue.

Since when do websites "take holidays." First I've heard.

Anyway - do you think you're going to be OK? Keep coming here for support n we'll help you. Mind you, it won't do
You any harm to take a bit of a break.

Do you still see your key worker? Just curious. I'm having a new one unfortunately. But it may be the person who actually took my referral n she was ok. She was the one who said they'd take me on as I was buying codeine illicitly off the Internet.

You know where I am, MDB, if you ever need someone to talk to.

Evey

Cheers Evey. European vendors do so it seems. Much like some French village shops that close everyday for several hours around lunchtime. The customer does not come first.

I've not seen my K/Ws etc since i started work, they'll probably close the books on me soon unless i book in. I think I'll be OK as i am currently with my etiz, but will probably need some help with getting off that. There is a support group in the area specifically for people coming off benzos, which I'll get round to attending at some point, if only to see whether it might be usefull or not. I dont really want to quit benzos atm, but i have a family member that lives overseas that is very ill, i will need to make an appearance or i'll have a hard time forgiving myself, but i cant get through customs with my current unsubscribed benzos.

Taking an enforced sabbatical of several weeks from stim binges as my vendor of choice is closed for their holiday, fucking Europeans and their closing of business for holidays, (UK businesses dont do that)

Not strictly true... I know of one or two RC vendors who take bank holiday weekends off who are based in the UK.

Good luck with your sabbatical... I think perhaps a partial one is easier than trying to abstain completely. Makes sense just to focus on what's causing the problems mostly.

Not strictly true... I know of one or two RC vendors who take bank holiday weekends off who are based in the UK.

Good luck with your sabbatical... I think perhaps a partial one is easier than trying to abstain completely. Makes sense just to focus on what's causing the problems mostly.

Yeah, i meant like taking 3-4 weeks off as these European guys are doing. Bank holiday closures are standard as there's no post anyway. The stim sessions arent that much of a problem, if i fall into a black moods they seem to lift me out of them, and even in the aftermath i still feel better. This goes against all the advice of avoiding stim sessions if your mood is a bit wobbly. I guess its different for differnt stims, things like meph and speed do tend to take a heavy toll in the following days, but i find that Pentedrone doesnt do that. Perhaps its because i dont take it very often.

Ah, those crazy southern Europeans with their archaic notions of things life work / life balance, eh? :D