• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug Law Reform Australia - will be standing for senate in September!

Done. I encourage everyone who cares about this issue to do so - as mentioned above, it's free so there's really no reason not to!

Signed up last week.
Thought they would be 500 people in Aus that would sign easily.....

I'm weighing it up. I have my reservations though, it's on the public record is it not?

It's not something that would help me gain employment in the future sadly.

from a Pr/advertising standpoint the website is a disappointment.

Honestly although I support the initiative down to my bones and feel like we are eventually destined to cast off this prohibition style of law enforcement, I am not yet comfortable enough to talk aloud about this subject in my wider community and spread the word.

I do actually believe that here are some good lessons from prohibition which are hard to fully appreciate. I can certainly appreciate that there were times in my younger life when I was so self destructive and in need of escapism, that I needed NO access to coke/heroin, or I would have ended up on some weird Farm. During that stage I would have obliterated any amount of seriously hard drugs which i could get my hands on. This didnt end up happening, however bottom line is that I can see how freer access to drugs (post prohibition) would increase the instances of them being misused for harm instead of utilized as tools.

Now this is just me and some people could have no doubt handled their shit better. But im still glad for being cut off back then. everybody here knows "fools", and you know they will do foolish things no matter what...

obviously anti-prohibitionists on the whole are not in favor of just having everything available at milkbars.
but these substances were only prohibited because they have some true potential for danger, and there needs to be at least some control over certain drugs.
These new RC drugs popping up recently simply have the Govt spinning, they dont know what to do - so these new substances get banned and put in the big pile with the rest of the similar "drugs". there is no easy "some control" option for the government to impliment so as we all know, everything new just gets banned outright.
I think ultimately we need need to suggest some new framework for these drug laws before shooting down the current ones.

from a Pr/advertising standpoint the website is a disappointment.

Honestly although I support the initiative down to my bones and feel like we are eventually destined to cast off this prohibition style of law enforcement, I am not yet comfortable enough to talk aloud about this subject in my wider community and spread the word.

I do actually believe that here are some good lessons from prohibition which are hard to fully appreciate. I can certainly appreciate that there were times in my younger life when I was so self destructive and in need of escapism, that I needed NO access to coke/heroin, or I would have ended up on some weird Farm. During that stage I would have obliterated any amount of seriously hard drugs which i could get my hands on. This didnt end up happening, however bottom line is that I can see how freer access to drugs (post prohibition) would increase the instances of them being misused for harm instead of utilized as tools.

Now this is just me and some people could have no doubt handled their shit better. But im still glad for being cut off back then. everybody here knows "fools", and you know they will do foolish things no matter what...

obviously anti-prohibitionists on the whole are not in favor of just having everything available at milkbars.
but these substances were only prohibited because they have some true potential for danger, and there needs to be at least some control over certain drugs.
These new RC drugs popping up recently simply have the Govt spinning, they dont know what to do - so these new substances get banned and put in the big pile with the rest of the similar "drugs". there is no easy "some control" option for the government to impliment so as we all know, everything new just gets banned outright.
I think ultimately we need need to suggest some new framework for these drug laws before shooting down the current ones.

By simply pulling a ton of money from the LE budget, and pumping straight into drug treatment, and awareness & education programs will have a massive effect regardless of the specific legal framework. laws are so bad right now that any change will be an improvement.

bottom line is that I can see how freer access to drugs (post prohibition) would increase the instances of them being misused for harm instead of utilized as tools.
Check out Portugal as a real world case-study and see what happened.

but these substances were only prohibited because they have some true potential for danger
That's not a fact. Many drugs were initially banned because of hysteria, ignorance and political plays, not because of evidence suggesting that they were dangerous.

Joined, I also got it forwarded it to a facebook group which has a large following, hopefully its not too late.

I will not vote nor support a party that has just one goal as its platform. This party is addressing problems, which is admirable, but not providing solutions, as far as I can see.

Watch some of their video's on you-tube, single goal party's do not wish to govern the country and therefore make them ideal for solving the problem of the drug war as it is their only interest.

Unusual but not unique, a big goal of this party will be exploring different idea's so that we can see change in drug laws. I respect it if you don't want to waste your vote on a party that very well may achieve nothing, but for me personally, I see the drug war as the most important issue that gets completely ignored by the primary parties which is why they need a party so that the topic can get some very needed attention.

we have preferential voting in any case. just give them your primary or secondary vote and put whichever major party you prefer ahead of the other at any rank on the ballot paper to choose your preferred govt.

I'll probably put the sex party or DLRA first and second. some other independents that dont look like total twats would be next. then maybe a communist party or something for a laugh. then the majors. and finally family first and the other fuckwits can go last.

it all depends on who specifically is running in your electorate. dont just follow the how to vote card. use your smartphone(if you have one) while waiting in the queue and have a quick google of who is running.

maybe you guys already realise this, but it baffles me how ppl many dont. most older folks do, but way more the half the people i know dont really understand how our voting system works. it isnt taught in high school at all, unless you enroll in the national politics subject. the year i did, there was only 600 or so entrant iirc.

i think legal studies covers it as well actually. in any case, it should be standard for all year 10's to know this. workplace rights, how to drive a car, how to manage a budget, home loan, how currencies work, etc should all be mandatory work requirements before VCE/HSC/equivalent school years begin. but its not, and its a travesty imo.

vocational learning funneling worker bees into the economy is all that matters these days.

sorry for the rant :)

Last edited:
@mooms you are right. We never 'waste' a vote by voting for a one issue or minor party. We can still nominate the order of the two majors, even if they are 69th and 70th on our list. Seriously this stuff makes a difference, especially if more of us got out there and did it.

Never follow the how to vote card. you are just handing over your voting rights to someone else - who knows what their idea of morality is!

This party is addressing problems, which is admirable, but not providing solutions, as far as I can see.

Their solutions are to reform the drug prohibition regime. To me, that is a good place to start. While the details are yet to be determined, I think this is an important first step - recognise we have a problem, then posit different solutions, and in the end, choose one which we carefully evaluate. And be nimble enough to change tack if things happen that we didn't expect.

@mooms, @Tronica Thanks for the info, as someone who has voted for years I still really don't have much of a clue about it all, these comments will probably influence the way I vote come sept.

@mooms, @Tronica Thanks for the info, as someone who has voted for years I still really don't have much of a clue about it all, these comments will probably influence the way I vote come sept.

what he said...++

from their facebook page, posted 2 May:

We made it!!! We have the numbers and we're going to be on the ballot! Yesterday we reached 555 confirmed members...

Over the next two weeks we'll be submitting our application, putting together a press release, organising a celebration party in Melbourne and starting the task of rebuilding the website as a policy platform as well as a signup site.

There's lots to do and we need a breather for a few weeks.

Don't stop following, debating and sharing this important issue, the race has only just begun and it's all thanks to you.

More news soon

Great news. There's a lot of minor parties now with decent drug law reform policies, let's hope people in charge start to notice.