• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug Law Reform Australia - will be standing for senate in September!

Either way, mistakes should be picked up before it hits the general public. It's just not a good over all look.

It's definitely not a good look. I think it has a big impact on how people view this - it's affected my opinion, and makes me somewhat wary of them. It doesn't project a sense of trustworthyness, professionalism or repute. It's just weird to me, how could they fuck up so badly...?

Tronica said:
Um, that's exactly what I meant. Any 'invalid' vote. That can mean a blank vote but it can also mean numbering all the squares with a 1. What do others think it means?

Apparently 'Donkey voters vote the way candidates appear on the ballot paper. Sometimes the term "donkey vote" is incorrectly used to refer to an informal vote (submitting a blank or defaced ballot paper) although this use is not included in major dictionaries.'

I don't think i'd recommend any serious users/dealers joining up. Theres bound to be a role that can be accessed by law authorities. Having said that I am still really considering joining up

^ Yep, I'm down with that.

It's definitely not a good look. I think it has a big impact on how people view this - it's affected my opinion, and makes me somewhat wary of them. It doesn't project a sense of trustworthyness, professionalism or repute. It's just weird to me, how could they fuck up so badly...?

Yeah, it's a shame. I was on my mobile reading it after tronica posted the thread, so I didn't notice all the typos.

I was keen to give them my vote. But there's so many typos, it's got to make you wonder.

My donkey vote involves me pulling my old illustrating skills out, and simply drawing a donkey.

They have my vote.

Thought seriously about joining up but am concerned about having a bigger target on my back considering i live in a small country town where the local police dont seem to have enough to do.

^ I get your concern, but I doubt that local country town police will be checking who joins a political party in the hope of making a bust.

But if you're dealing and not just using recreationaly then I wouldn't take the risk even though I still highly doubt it would paint any kind of target.

What's everyone else's thoughts on the risk of signing your name to it?

^ Fairly slim, I can't imagine cops in regional towns could be bothered, or even think about investigating you for having a different view on the subject. (How would they find out anyway?).

As for the city's, there's probably too many to investigate. I'm not saying that they will get heaps if votes, but I have a feeling there will be more than just you, and your mate voting for them.

Saying that, I also think cops have a lot better leads than what they would produce with a tactic like this.

^^^ You would think cops wouldn't waste their time trying to bust people who are willing to use their name for drug law reform as they would suspect that they're not dealers, because dealers wouldn't want to take the risk.

That's only a guess though.

I'm not sure if I'll vote for this party yet, I'm not convinced. The Sex Party normally has good HR views when it comes to drug reform and they have much more support then this party is going to get.

bust anyone and everyone mate its all revenue and for the good of mankind.

Some of you have to realise that not all cops believe that the prohibitionist war on drugs is actually working. In fact, organisations such as Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP), actively advocate for changes to current, naïve, drug laws.

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) is made up of: police (current and former), members of correctional services (ie. prison guards), and even, the judiciary (former High Court Judge, Michael Kirby is (was?) a board member of LEAP's Australian chapter.

The mistakes on the website some of you mentioned have been corrected. Considering this is a new organisation trying to get itself organised, I believe they have done a fantastic job. Only once more people donate their time and energy to this party can we ensure grammatical (and any other) errors are quickly fixed. Ultimately, with more support, this organisation will become a professional one that all of you would be proud to be a part of.

I am a member of Drug Law Reform Australia, I attended the first public members meeting in Melbourne and met both Greg Chip founder of the group also the treasurer and a head of LEAP Australia.

This group is serious about doing something and making a change.
We need help getting enough members to be registered with the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC). the target is 500 and I have been talking with Greg and he said we are gaining about 5 new members a day but at the moment we still look like we will fall 50 or so short.

I am asking anyone who can please join and help make a difference

Please feel free to ask me any questions about the group and I will try my best to answer.

Thanks.

Last edited:
looking forward for voting for this party this year, last election i voted for the sex party, they also have plans to reform drugs, but i think this party has much more promise.

they won't be around to vote for unless they get their 500 members by the end of the month!

they won't be around to vote for unless they get their 500 members by the end of the month!

i just did my bit of web crusading to spread the word, and paid the $25 to become a standard member.

the drug war has had such devastating effects on my life, i cant wait for this prejudice to break

Signed and paid up. I am sure everyone would agree that change is needed and its well overdue. Hopefully they get the numbers they need.

If the $25 is a barrier to anyone, you can also take out a 'supporter membership' for free. This will count towards the 500-member target they need to reach in order to field candidates at the election.

http://druglawreform.com.au/join