PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dropping acid while sick

Azure

Bluelighter
Tripping with a slight cold

I tried searching for this but...
Tomorrow is supposed to be my first trip on acid. However, I currently have a runny nose and a slight fever. I have been taking dayquil for the past two days.
Should I only trip if I feel significantly better, or would I be okay taking a few dayquils during the trip to control my symptoms?
Obviously I could always wait a couple days, but this is really the best day for me to do it.
Any help is appreciated.

I didn't see the time you posted this, so I hope you get it in time. Whatever (and EVERTHING) you're experiencing will seem to be much more intense. I sometimes get wrapped up in those little nuisances and can't focus on the greater reality. If your runny nose, stuffed head aren't too uncomfortable, I'd go for it. Maybe do a cold pill or two to help alleviate some of the symptoms!

it probably wont affect your trip too much. However, acid and other psychedelics put alot of stress on your body. Dont be suprised if that little cold turns into a full blown cold.

acid, as with most every drug I can think of, puts stress on your immune system, so yes, it could turn that little sniffle into nausea, vomiting, diarreah...you don't like shitting water do you?

One of the greatest psychedelic rules of thumb is that you do not trip unless you are in the proper state (be that a state of health, state of mind, etc.). Why waste your trip? i would be patient... get over your illness and at the same time build up the anticipation of knowing you are going to be experiencing something truly wonderful.
Goodluck,
SG

I woke up today feeling tip top! So its all systems go for today. Thanks for the great advice guys. I'll let you know how it goes...

I vote for you getting your bluelighter status back. Was that the only way to change your name?(peace+waves)Tell us how your trip goes.........

It's currently T +10hrs...
Absolutely indescribable. Wow.....
That's as good a trip report as my mind can put together right now.
Thanks for everything guys
Azure

I was blown away my first time too. I'm glad your cold straightened up before hand. I probably shouldn't have recommended it, with a slight cold. As Sebastion's Ghost stated, the first rule, is being in good 'physical/mental' state. The less negative things to influence you the greater chance of having a better time. I'm pretty much of the opinion that they (generally) don't make it as potent as they used to, and some slight 'set and setting' imperfections aren't near as critical as they used to be. Rather, presumptuous on my part. I don't have a clue as to your dose and or susceptibility! Hope you had anything close to like my first time.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Tripping While Sick...

Ok, i hope this doesnt come accross something that should just be like common sense stuff. im still no expert in tripping, but i have a few trips under my belt so i know what to expect. now, the question is, would it be a good idea to trip on lsd while suffering from a mild cold? im sure to some, the obvious answer is NO, its not a good idea. but would that really be the case? would it be because it would be too much of a discomfort in the trip, or maybe it will make the discomfort go away? just like to know what you guys think, any help would be appreciated thanks. :|

I don't see why you can't wait a few days until you feel better. I've never tripped while sick.

i cant wait really because the next time ill be able to do it is next friday night. and in all honesty, i just cant wait that long.... unless of course its a really bad idea to do it.

Yep...

I took one hit(very strong acid btw) while suffering from the flue...

One moment I am in bed, high pitched fever wishing I was death, next moment I am on youtube viewing videos, tripping my ass off and singing ;)
Next day woke up, after glow, and interestingly enough no sign of the flue:)

Happy tripping

Took acid one time when I had the flu, and it was one big nightmare. Seemed to last forever and felt like even more total shit the next day.:(

LikeISaid said:
Took acid one time when I had the flu, and it was one big nightmare. Seemed to last forever and felt like even more total shit the next day.:(

Really? wow... maybe bad setting/ state of mind thinking about your sickness while tripping?

A viral infection, more often than not, causes an altered state of conciousness anyway., OK it's nearly always a mild delerium, but it's unsettling enough to make me think that it's not a good idea to combine the two (would anybody want to try LSD with a deleriant like say atropine or scopolamine?)

^I have found that when I am sick my mind is defintely altered, more in a confused, delerious, sickening manner then anything. The same rules of set and setting apply to you when your sick...

Everytime I tripped with a cold (this was with lsd), my cold seemed to clear up. My headache went away, my nose cleared up, and I genuinely felt great. I never tripped with a flu though, so I don't know if it would affect that or not; but with a common head cold it seemed to clear it up during the main effects.

The start of the peak is a little gross feeling...but it seems like you can get passed it. Feeling and believing is all in your head though