• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin drinking after H

bomber

Bluelighter
I know alcohol and Heroin is a bad combination. It's been a few hours since I smoked my H though, and the high isn't here anymore, I just have this feeling of relaxation. Is it a good Idea to drink tonight or should I wait for the day to pass? Generally how much should I wait before I drink after using Heroin?

Wait, please, I've been to to many funerals from miscalculations of how intoxicated on benzos / booze my doper friends were...

You can always wait. Do you have naloxoxe and a sitter?

I can wait if I have to, it's just that my friends are gonna drink tonight and wondered if it would be safe to join them. I'm sorry for your friends, I hope you stay safe. What do you mean "miscalculations" on how high you are?
No I don't have naloxoxe and what do you mean "sitter"? And why would I need them?

^^ I see. Hell,I wouldn't risk an o.d. even if I had a sitter with me.

Generally one should wait 5-7 half-lifes 'till the substance is out of your system completely, before taking another one.

OP why would you need them?
Respiratory depression. You could be snoring/sleeping and an hour later be dead. While some people mix alcohol/herion and survive, many die.

Just because you're feeling well a few hours later after smoking H doesn't mean it's still not in your system.

Hope you're okay.

^Im fine, and didn't drink. Yes I wouldn't mix alcohol and heroin, but I figured that after a few hours it wouldn't be considered a mix, since the H high weren't there anymore.

Generally one should wait 5-7 half-lifes 'till the substance is out of your system completely, before taking another one.

What the hell, I googled about heroin's half life and found so many different answers, from 8 munites to several hours... So pls tell me what would be the half life of H so that I can calculate how much I should wait next time.

since the H high weren't there anymore.
Duration of action isn't equal to the half life, so even if you don't feel the drug anymore it can be still in your system

Take diazepam as an example, the half life is like 100 iirc, but the duration of action can be less than 2 hours, so after say 5 hours you don't feel intoxicated, but some diazepam will stay in your system for a few more days

I see. How should I calculate the half life of smoked heroin?

Wow I've always done this and never thought about it, been on H for over ten years now and normally stick to just that in the week but have a few beers with it on the weekend, to be honest the only time I get a nod / buzz is when I mix it with alcohol. Not talking going crazy here just somewhere between 4 - 8 cans of strongish lager. I'll certainly be more cautious from now on.

What the hell, I googled about heroin's half life and found so many different answers, from 8 munites to several hours... So pls tell me what would be the half life of H so that I can calculate how much I should wait next time.

Well, that's a bit tricky, heroin has a really small half life of a few minutes and is metabolized by first pass metabolism into morphine and a few other substances. If you inject it however you skip first pass metabolism and it gets metabolized into 6-MAM and morphine after that in the brain.
So heroin has a half life of a few minutes, so does 6-MAM, so I'd say go from the half life of morphine and add an hour just to be safe. Half life of morphine is around 3 hours I think so let's take 4 hours. 4*7= 28 hours, so you should be fine after around a day, but don't forget metabolism differs from person to person and several medical conditions can increase the half life drastically.