• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dreams

Does anyone else on here get bad nightmares when they sleep on their back?

No nightmares, but I couldn't sleep on my back until my mid thirties. Perhaps I was turning on my back during the night but I always woke up on my side. These days however, sleeping on my back is as easy as on my side and often preferable.

drugfukkdrockstar said:
Does anyone else on here get bad nightmares when they sleep on their back?

never found the correlation there.

only correlation I have ever found with dreams is when you get to a point where you devote so much of your mental energy to something that the best way to describe the effort exhaustive.

Anyways after finding myself in these states I have found my dreams to be profoundly influenced by the subject that had been so taxing on my mental activities.

One time was in high school and studying for HSC music exams I had devoted so much energy to several peices of music that my dreams where constantly themed with the imagery of musical notation and very constant beat of a metronome that would get louder and louder until I woke.

The second time this happened was agian in relation to heavy and deep study, this time mathematics whilst at uni. Just before I would abrubtly wake up I would have a sequence of various quadratic equations, matrix algebra and other calculus equations being solved one after another in rapid succession. Each time i would wake up i would be sweating with a very rapid pulse rate and would generally be in a panic state.

The only other time dreams had been an issue was when I was taking 5-HTP and I would have it at night as I was told (ill informed actually) that it had calmative properties that would assist me in sleeping. However I would constantly be shocked awake with the thoughts that some one was grabbing me and I would even feel a cold fleshy grip pressing downon my shoulders :(

Yeah stress definitely disrupts my sleep and makes me dream like a crazy woman all night, waking up in sweats. It's no pleasant.

I had a dream within a dream last night. I cant remember the details but I woke from one dream and then thought I was awake until I woke again from the second dream into actually being really awake.

^i hate those. i used to get the one where you would wake up & go to work & then be doing my job for a few hours. then in the real world. the alarm would go off & i'd have to get up & go to work.

I used to dream that i would wake up from my "dream" unable to breathe, with a feeling of someone pressing down on my entire body - a huge weight. I would start panicing and my whole body would feel like it was going into seizure. Then i'd actually wake up, relatively normally, but my heartrate was way up.

I hated those dreams.

420star said:
^i hate those. i used to get the one where you would wake up & go to work & then be doing my job for a few hours. then in the real world. the alarm would go off & i'd have to get up & go to work.

thats fucked up right there, I would be just racked with disapointment