• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

drank half a bottle of whiskey a few hours ago and just took 1.25mg valium, safe to fall asleep?

Alfonso_Camarga

Bluelighter
sorry to keep posting the same shit im kinda spiralling lately. i also took 5mg or so last night. drank the whiskey at like 4pm just freaked out feeling drowsy i know it’s a small dose but with the whiskey not sure if im all good

1.25mg? That's nothing, you'll be fine. That's basically a microdose, but given they potentiate each other, that's probably the safest amount you'd want to use, or no more than 2.5mg. I've never mixed the two, I'm on Valium and take around 15mg at night, quit drinking 3 years ago. I assume you're an insomniac or something.

1.25mg? That's nothing, you'll be fine. That's basically a microdose, but given they potentiate each other, that's probably the safest amount you'd want to use, or no more than 2.5mg. I've never mixed the two, I'm on Valium and take around 15mg at night, quit drinking 3 years ago. I assume you're an insomniac or something.
you sure? will the half life of the 5mg i took last night come into play at all? feeling pretty out of it almost have more anxiety after taking it probably from the booze and overthinking it

Yeah that would be my guess, I've done the same, especially when I was first starting taking it and it would obliterate me. I remember like, 4mg sedating the shit out of me and I missed the ball drop for 2022. Was tired, laid down for 10 minutes intending to get back up and then suddenly I'm like, where the hell am I? What time is it? I'd wake up confused a lot when I was first starting to take it because I'd sometimes just fall asleep in the midst of doing something.

you sure? will the half life of the 5mg i took last night come into play at all? feeling pretty out of it almost have more anxiety after taking it probably from the booze and overthinking it
Yeah I'm sure, you'll be fine man. It takes way more to be dangerous.

You're fine. 2 mg of Valium is basically the threshold dose for an adult.

I'm interested in how you know you took 1.25 mg. Did you just quarter a 5 mg pill?
i did i just split a 5mg in quarters. are you positive though i don’t know i just feel out of it, pretty high tolerance for booze and benzos i guess but i never mix the two like this in the same day

If you're really worried about something like this in the future, buy activated charcoal tablets. They basically filter out most drugs from your system, it's commonly used in Tylenol overdoses where people attempt suicide. I've had a charcoal tablet completely get rid of the effects before not knowing it was possible for that to happen.

I'd say you're fine to sleep. Just don't be taking doses like 10+mg, even that isn't very dangerous but if you don't have much of a tolerance to it then it definitely would be. People drink and use Xanax all the time which is way, way stronger, which results in blackouts, destroyed cars, homes, relationships, if that's any solace. Not saying you should ever do that though lol. There's a whole subreddit called bartards or something about stories of people mixing the two and ending up doing crazy shit like buying alligators or other unthinkable things.

Yeah that would be my guess, I've done the same, especially when I was first starting taking it and it would obliterate me. I remember like, 4mg sedating the shit out of me and I missed the ball drop for 2022. Was tired, laid down for 10 minutes intending to get back up and then suddenly I'm like, where the hell am I? What time is it? I'd wake up confused a lot when I was first starting to take it because I'd sometimes just fall asleep in the midst of doing something.
did you mean taking it with alcohol?

Tch, tch. Always take the downer and wait 1/2 hour and then drink. Never redose downers while drinking. I've done some pretty potent combos and that policy has always stood me in good stead.

That being said, Valium is safer to drink on than other downers by far and that's a small dose.

Next time, take the Val and then start drinking. Wait. Never mind. Never take a depressant and drink.

Nah, I mention in a post above that I quit drinking 3 years ago, I've never taken a benzo and drank, not even Gabapentin which I was prescribed 6 months after I quit drinking. But I've seen Xanax or Klonopin mixed with alcohol for some people and their behavior became unbelievably erratic. This one guy spilled his beer and literally drank it off the dirty ass floor, and another drank a huge bottle of wine on kpins and was just flailing all over the place, getting angry at people over nothing. Just a mess, really. Valium is one of the lightest benzos and most people don't find it particularly recreational.

If you're really worried about something like this in the future, buy activated charcoal tablets. They basically filter out most drugs from your system, it's commonly used in Tylenol overdoses where people attempt suicide. I've had a charcoal tablet completely get rid of the effects before not knowing it was possible for that to happen.

I'd say you're fine to sleep. Just don't be taking doses like 10+mg, even that isn't very dangerous but if you don't have much of a tolerance to it then it definitely would be. People drink and use Xanax all the time which is way, way stronger, which results in blackouts, destroyed cars, homes, relationships, if that's any solace. Not saying you should ever do that though lol. There's a whole subreddit called bartards or something about stories of people mixing the two and ending up doing crazy shit like buying alligators or other unthinkable things.
alright cool i will grab some of those for sure, honestly i’m trying to get off the booze entirely it’s just been a bit of a process. that definitely makes me feel a bit better about it, ive had bad shit happen just from taking xanax on it’s own can’t imagine mixing it with booze. the half life though from last night is basically irrelevant? there’s so much shit on reddit about therapeutic doses being fatal but i did take a very lose dose

Nah, I mention in a post above that I quit drinking 3 years ago, I've never taken a benzo and drank, not even Gabapentin which I was prescribed 6 months after I quit drinking. But I've seen Xanax or Klonopin mixed with alcohol for some people and their behavior became unbelievably erratic. This one guy spilled his beer and literally drank it off the dirty ass floor, and another drank a huge bottle of wine on kpins and was just flailing all over the place, getting angry at people over nothing. Just a mess, really. Valium is one of the lightest benzos and most people don't find it particularly recreational.
right my bad i did read that, damn that is pretty heinous shit right there haha. yeah i don’t know valium has always been kind of my favourite

Yeah, don't worry about the half-life. If you're trying to kick the booze, look into kava kava, it's a great alternative and is non-addictive, no withdrawals and can intoxicate you in a very similar way without feeling too fucked. I grew to hate how feeling drunk felt even though I was an alcoholic for years. One day I was just like, hey, this kind of sucks, I want to just get stoned and trip more, and that's ultimately what I did.

But yeah, do look into kava, it's great. Only problem is your skin might get pretty dry after awhile of using it but moisturizers help. In Fiji, where kava originates, their alcohol use is much lower than most of the world, it's the national beverage of Fiji. It goes back thousands of years.

Tch, tch. Always take the downer and wait 1/2 hour and then drink. Never redose downers while drinking. I've done some pretty potent combos and that policy has always stood me in good stead.

That being said, Valium is safer to drink on than other downers by far and that's a small dose.

Next time, take the Val and then start drinking. Wait. Never mind. Never take a depressant and drink.
yeah im not planning on doing it again it was just impulsive. i drank the booze like 7 hours ago at least but fuck it just worries me i know it’s a low dose

Yeah, don't worry about the half-life. If you're trying to kick the booze, look into kava kava, it's a great alternative and is non-addictive, no withdrawals and can intoxicate you in a very similar way without feeling too fucked. I grew to hate how feeling drunk felt even though I was an alcoholic for years. One day I was just like, hey, this kind of sucks, I want to just get stoned and trip more, and that's ultimately what I did.

But yeah, do look into kava, it's great. Only problem is your skin might get pretty dry after awhile of using it but moisturizers help. In Fiji, where kava originates, their alcohol use is much lower than most of the world, it's the national beverage of Fiji. It goes back thousands of years.
alright thanks again honestly i feel better about it. yeah i honestly hate drinking and being drunk i got off the booze for a couple years and recently fell back into it, it’s the worst. i will look into that for sure i think i may have even tried it back in the day it was like a tincture that i dropped under my tongue, my mom gave it to me and told me it would help with anxiety

Yeah that's not the real stuff. The only good tincture is Gaia Herbs brand but you have to drink basically the entire bottle for it to feel like a good kava dose and at my headshop that stuff is $15.99 a bottle. If you wanna know about good vendors and whatnot you can DM me. I really do think it could help you. I was trying to get off Valium with it actually, but I have to take a break because it was drying out my skin a lot and making me itch. The fact that I take kratom doesn't really help, though... If I only took kava, I'd probably not have that side effect. It took 3 months before it even presented.

d
Yeah that's not the real stuff. The only good tincture is Gaia Herbs brand but you have to drink basically the entire bottle for it to feel like a good kava dose and at my headshop that stuff is $15.99 a bottle. If you wanna know about good vendors and whatnot you can DM me. I really do think it could help you. I was trying to get off Valium with it actually, but I have to take a break because it was drying out my skin a lot and making me itch. The fact that I take kratom doesn't really help, though... If I only took kava, I'd probably not have that side effect. It took 3 months before it even presented.
ahh okay well yeah i’d be interested in getting some actual kava then, i don’t know how to dm on here though.. also i took another 5mg for the hangover this morning that won’t interact with the alcohol will it?

Shit.
I used to eat 3 or 4 Valiums and/or Xanex and wash em down with a pint of 100 proof vodka. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but it won't kill you.
Just don't make a habit of it.