• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Addiction DR9OOGS TOOFS

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
Hey y'all!
Do I am 37 and been on methadone 5 years, crack on/off years, smoked crystal meth and heroin, and also cigarettes.

Hopefully I can undo some of this damage!

How are your chompers???

not good.

but at least they aren't grey/brown any more like when i was still using. i smoked light with the pipe between my teeth to avoid the worst damage being visible cos my exs teeth were literally in pieces, one was split lengthways in half. sexy i know. anyway, that just compounded the damage to my mouth/throat/back teeth but i didn't care i just didn't wanna look like a crackhead. lol that ship had long sailed.

i have osteopenia (at best fml) which doesn't help matters. you haven't had a decades long restrictive eating disorder to fuck things up but heroin on its own will have an effect.

basically if having teeth that need to be removed fucking fragmenting in your mouth at the dentists sounds fun then you're sound. if that is not your idea of fun, then do everything you can to stop now. before i had the offending teeth removed i was getting frequent shooting pains in my mouth which was having a significant impact on my quality of life. it looks like i'll need a few more out but its not super urgent like the ones that had to go. also, it is fucking expensive to get your teeth removed.

make sure you brush, eat calcium containing foods, avoid sugar, acid, etc. drugs aren't helping but at least try damage control.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been lucky overall. I had some significant gum disease but recently had a procedure to help that and it's going away now with proper tooth care.

I hear methadone fucka up your teeth and "gets in your bones". I have tried to keep to brushing twice an day and having a glass of water by the bed (dry mouth is a killer for teeth!) I go to the dentist every 6months and my teeth are basically ok.

You see people my age wit like 2-3 teeth in their mouth and they blame it on methadone... Hmmm