• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DPT Subthread] Combinations

hey dondante, did you take ketamine with the DPT the time you found it 'plush' and 'velvety'. I've heard Fastandbubbly describe it in similar terms and he was talking about DPT + Ketamine, which I found to be an EXCELLENT description.

DPT alone is a lot more like DMT for me at least. I'm hoping that pushing higher doses will unlock some of the complicated imagery that DMT does...I've been talking to people and they seem to suggest that entity contact/communication can happen on DPT also at high doses (i've only taken it in high doses twice now iirc).

With AMT (20 mg IM) ... but both descriptions are of the same trip. Might I remind you of Jamshyd's DPT + K report ...

"I closed the scale box. Didn't take 2 seconds. I knelt to put the scale back in its bottom drawer...

ZIP!

In a split second, EVERYTHING WAS FUCKING ERASED. There was no rush. There was no comeup. One second I was in a regular manageble Ketamine giddiness, a second later everything in existence just snapped away.

There was no room. There was no world. There was no life. There was no I. There was no you. There was no body. There was no universe.

You know when a scratched CD or record gets caught up at a single track and keeps repeating the same note over and over again at high speed? That is the only thing that was heard.

There was utter chaos. Since I no longer existed, and neither did the world or my eyes to receive that world, there were no visuals or sounds and I have no clue of my physical body left behind had its eyes open or closed because I was utterly blinded by colourless, formless, chaos."​

Just a reminder to keep doses reasonable (this was 90 mg DPT + 60 mg K).

To samadhi: reread the bottom of my post above.

^ 15-20mg of DPT at the same time as a decent dose of ket (both via IM) is an absolutely delightful experience, just make sure you have the music, headphones etc all ready to go because if you'll be incapable of just about anything after 5-10 minutes (except lying there & grinning of course =D)

yeah I bet, I have never done a low dose ketamine DPT trip...I tried ketamine with MET (one big toke) and that was fucking amazing.

cress2000 said:
Yeah, no worries. I've never been a fan of needles, so it's probably unlikely that I'll ever go that route. If I do, I'll definitely do dosage research beforehand.

That said, I just did 80mg insufflated last night. It was a bit weaker than the 105mg trip, but still very, very enjoyable. No visuals, but music was greatly enhanced and I had feelings of pure bliss after a 15 minute or so come up with notable, but bearable anxiety (a lot easier to deal with than the 105mg trip come up).

Seems like I'd need to do a dose that could give me a terrifying come up to get significant visuals out of this. One of these days I'll man up and try something stronger. However, at this point, I'm incredibly satisfied with even just the music enhancement and bliss. As an inexperienced psychedelic user, it's mindblowingly awesome.

Combining with a bit of ketamine certainly reduces the fear factor during any come up and probably increases the degree of visual activity; well it does for me anyway - when I had 50mg IM with ketamine I kept my eyes closed most of the time as when open the room looked like it would shake itself apart as I was getting sensory echoes coming off sensory echoes (mostly visual, but also a little auditory, but as I was listening to Jimi Hendrix on headphones it sort of fitted :D), which gets a bit messy & confusing to say the least!

If you're interested, my trip report is here, titled The Purple Passion Prose of the Propyl Product (nifty bit of alliteration I thought, all inspired by the first bit of music I heard after I felt it start was 'Purple Haze' :D )

lol purple haze sounds RIDICULOUSLY good music to listen to on DPT/ketamine!!! =D

runs off to re-read that report

i really must remember to put a bit of DPT i my next K shot.

should my dose of K be smaller than usual if taken with DPT?

my usual IM dose of K 100-200mg
usual dose of DPT insufflated ~60-100mg.

maybe i should use F&B's doses since he so smart and cute and stuff.

I would reckon take two thirds of your normal dose of K with say 60 mgs DPT.

yeah, 50mg/50mg worked REALLY well for me. I might want to take a little more ketamine next time, but honestly that level was SWEET. 60/60 might work well for you alex?

DPT & aMT: Mini Trip Report

I had a deeply sensual experience on 20mg of aMT (IM) and 50mg of DPT (IM) last week. After injecting the aMT I hiked to a secluded natural spot and set a towel in a depression filled with a bed of fine pine needles. I injected the DPT there.

At the height of the experience, my whole body spasmed, enraptured with the world around me. I felt bared to the cathedral of trees, my rib cage pried open to consummate the broken light of the sun through its leaves.

I mean “consummate” less figuratively than might be imagined. I had a somatic hallucination of my chest overflowing with a warm and vaguely viscous fluid whose nature struck me overwhelmingly as being seminal.

Repeated in a series of climactic throes, I envisioned myself as having traveled in a wide arc through natural history to touch that place, and in the wake of my progression having formed a grand arch whose living pillars search always for greater ascension. An unbearable sublimity in being human: to witness myself as the new morning’s bud on the phylogenetic tree, opening to take in the sun and then curling back to kiss the root that nourishes it, blind, but forever seeking a fresh bloom on a more lofty branch in order to repeat the process at a higher ecstatic unity.

Last edited:
DPT + Alcohol. A good thing?

I've only spotted one alcohol + dpt report, annd it didn't seem to go too well for the fellow. Anyone tried? and how'd it go?

My guess is that this is a twrrible combination. Just a guess though.

eh I don't know, it could smooth some of the more distressing physical symptoms (muscle spasms, etc). Although it could also raise the likelihood of a seizure? (DPT and 5-meo-DMT both seem capable of precipitating a seizue).

I tried DPT and GHB and it was pretty lovely (not exactly the same but close), although the doses of both were low.

Its likely to make the experience less 'profound' and 'spiritual' as every time alcohol is added into psychedelics this is what happens (alcohol + DMT is like this).

PS don't combine alcohol with DMT, its makes for a very shitty ride.

DPT and alchohol= vomiting and major motion sickness/ataxia to boot. DMT works well with booze for me, but not DPT. I would have to say that DPT will unlikely cause a seizure; I've been using it with a pretty low seizure threshold lately (benzo withdrawal) and haven't found my shaking to be any worse. 5-Meo-DMT will make me shake in the same way I do if I take GABA. Weird. But yeah, a small amount of alchohol could relax one a bit, a large amount will probably induce nasuea.

DPT and zolpidem is a nice sloppy combo, though loss of perceived conciousness is likely :D

If I were to consume 50 grams of caapi, how much potentiation would occur if I take DPT orally after one hour? I'm aiming for the intensity of ~70 mg snorted, so I was thinking about ~30 mg orally with the MAOi. Is this a correct estimation?

hard to tell, i think it takes about 150mg oral to get a decent trip without a MAOI, i tried around 110mg oral and it was +2 but still a little disappointing until i snorted a bit more a few hours into the experience.

According to certain forums on certain sites it isn't that much, as they advise 40 - 100 grams per sitting. I don't know if it's against the rules to mention other sites, so I won't for now.

I'ld first take like half of it, let it do its job and then take the other half with the dpt. Or something like that...

oh maybe its not hmm I dunno

wait why are you taking it with DPT? DPT is orally active on its own.

Yes, but it'ld require a lot more and I'ld like to have an industrial ayahuasca experience :p