PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DPT Subthread] Combinations

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member
DPT Subthread: Combinations

This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy DPT thread in which to discuss the combination of N,N-DPT with other drugs. Please direct all questions and discussion about DPT combo's to this thread.

[BACK TO THE DPT MAIN THREAD]

[original post:]

Any so called "propylhuasca" imbibers here....I'm wondering how that would go, preferably syrian rue extract (though b. caapi if I can get it) and oral DPT.... what would be a good dose of each substance does one think?

Oh and zoph, that wasn't percussion dude; you were actually thumping small childrens heads together; rhythmically yes, but it was a bit out of place. Carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:
how is dosage and duration of "propylhuasca"? is it really worth it - especially since nasal consumtion of the salt works so well?

deekan said:
i am about to come across 1g of DPT for very cheap so I want to risk converting some of it to freebase just to test the procedure. What is the minimum amount i should try to convert?

I read that the kitchen crack method isnt really useful for an amount like 100mg or so, but then again i dont want to mess up and lose any DPT
100mg is a good amount to start with, but you can use less if you just want to experiment (I would rather store the DPT in HCL since it is more stable). When I used baking soda I used ~35mg of DPT. Search for a tek on BL (search terms: DPT crack method).

ungelesene_bettlek said:
how is dosage and duration of "propylhuasca"? is it really worth it - especially since nasal consumtion of the salt works so well?
^ It REALLY varies depending on how much of this or that enzyme you have in your body. Some people do not need a MAOI to activate DPT orally. I took 85mg (or something like that) in a gel capsule and had a mild trip. ymmv.

swilow said:
Any so called "propylhuasca" imbibers here....I'm wondering how that would go, preferably syrian rue extract (though b. caapi if I can get it) and oral DPT.... what would be a good dose of each substance does one think?

Oh and zoph, that wasn't percussion dude; you were actually thumping small childrens heads together; rhythmically yes, but it was a bit out of place. Carry on.

I tried it once. Dose was 240mg (orally) of DPT and a couple tsp of the rue. Report is at erowid.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=4245

This was at a time when I was quite stupid. I had already come of age on LSD, but didn't yet understand that you didn't start off with the top-end of the dosing reccomendations with new chemicals (that weren't LSD).

The resulting experience was not overwhelming in anyway however (totally unlike DPT when taken IM which IS overwhelming), actually very relaxed and tranquil. I was most amazed at the doors the rue opened...it seems the DPT was more a colorant...I think the rue gave much of the flavor. Towards the end, it resembled DPT more than the strange, otherworldly experience I started with.

I'd certainly do it again...but not with rue. Rather use the pure alkaloid harmine.

Last edited:
swilow said:

Percusssion & Concussion sound similar enough & I'm not stopping now I've started & anyway kids need their heads knocked together now & then.

How much.....fuck the syrian rue off use moclobemide instead & take hmmm 120 mgs to start with & see how you go. I'm sure others might pitch the DPT dose a little higher - bear in mind children ( albeit with headaches) may well be watching. :)

why not try DPT without a MAOI first to see if its really necessary? IME, combining tryptamines with MAOIs very much changes the character of the trip. I do not know if its a subjective effect of the MAOI or whether its because adding a MAOI changes how the tryptamine is eliminated from the body? Or maybe both?

My point is that it would be nice to find out first if you really even need the MAOI before combining it (especially with DPT which is known to cause uncomfortable side effects such as tremors/muscle spasms).

peace :)

samadhi_smiles said:
why not try DPT without a MAOI first to see if its really necessary? IME, combining tryptamines with MAOIs very much changes the character of the trip. I do not know if its a subjective effect of the MAOI or whether its because adding a MAOI changes how the tryptamine is eliminated from the body? Or maybe both?

My point is that it would be nice to find out first if you really even need the MAOI before combining it (especially with DPT which is known to cause uncomfortable side effects such as tremors/muscle spasms).

Thank you so much, I totally agree.

I will be happy the day MAOI potentiation goes out of fashion.

^ same here, it makes me nervous tbh to hear about people exploring MAOIs and tryptamines (who knows what idiosyncratic reactions are going to pop up as more people start to explore).

If you do end up combining them, be sure not to unwittingly throw any drugs into the mix that could give you a fatal interaction (mainly monoamine releasers such as amphetamine or MDMA or the like but also drugs as innocuous as some opiates can give very unpleasant reactions with MAOIs).

Research very carefully before you take the MAOI plunge. It is serious business and you can really get your body into some unpleasant places.

B9 said:
How much.....fuck the syrian rue off use moclobemide instead
Bad advice. Moclobemide is a very powerful pharmaceutical drug. It is also much more 'soul-less' than harmala alkaloids if you'd prefer to talk that way.

Actually I have often heard that moclobemide is safer than harmala alkaloids. I'm not sure if it's true though.

I will agree that they've got a longer track record of safe use however.

bottom line, mixing MAOIs and tryptamines is not necessarily a safe practice regardless of whether its with moclomebide or harmala alkaloids.

proceed with caution.

samadhi_smiles said:

Oral DPT without MAOi is a waste of DPT IMHO.

Have you tried it yourself? Like I said in the post I quoted it seems to drastically vary between person to person. So what doesn't work for you might work for me, or another person. Don't be so quick to make a generalization based on your own personal experience.

I am still planning on trying to get to a +3 level with oral DPT (w/o a MAOI). I think around 200mg will do the trick? (like I said 85mg produced some mild trippy effects a lot like lowish dose mushrooms).

I'm told by a trusted source that oral DPT works much better when dissolved in OJ. This guy said 75-100mg this way was plenty. I'm going to try one day in the next decade.

samadhi_smiles said:

I took a recent oral/MAOi-less dose of ~150-160mg...It was interesting and quite visual (++ roughly), not much body load so to speak off (perhaps ketamine helped?), eqivalent to a relatively high dose of mushrooms in onset and duration at least; besides that, quite disimilar...but nothing compared to the intesity of smoking an 8th or so of that amount- and rather pointless i reckons.

I don't have access to moclomebide whereas rue and possibly caapi extracts aren't too much of a problemo. I'd also like to soften the 'digital' feeling DPT gives me, add something (I could get stomped for this) natural or organic to the blend.

Anyway, I'm still messed up from SSRI's (ceased several moths ago though) and have very little time for pharmaceuticals at the moment.... I think, as a preparation, I will make a DPT-changa smoke again to test the waters. See how that goes, my DMT/caapi smoking (sadly very few times) has been great; I just don't have the nerve for DMT and a MAOi yet; or maybe the time is not right. The stars or something.

MGS: you serious about OJ? It is impicated in many a psychedelic myth....

swilow said:

reminds me of the time there was the big debate here about lemone juice potntiating mushrooms that stemmed from a shroomery thread.

Then again i was one of the few to actually believe it (though i havent tried it yet.) Although the stronger trip might be due to ingesting all of it pretty quickly, like chugging mushrooms tea would do.

As far DPT and OJ. ill wait till someone here confirms that before i waste anymore precious material.

well delsyd, its active in some people without a MAOI and without OJ (tryin' to remember if I drank any orange juice before the trip now lol!).

The orange juice could temporarily inactivate some enzyme??? I really have no clue about the biochemistry of MAO-a.

^ It really isn't VERY active at all - in me & my missus anyway - possibly 10% of the activity one would expect/hope for from a DPT MAOi combo.

The rue works fine BTW just I thought of moclobemide from a safety point of view & duration of action is shorter.....I think.

I didn't even think of the connection (DPT + OJ to the drink OJ to trip harder on LSD myth). Yeah I don't know the deal, but the gentleman's word is every bit as reliable as if you had said it (and I consider your word reliable.)

Actually it was our old friend Burple who said this so I guess make of it what you will.

swilow said:
I took a recent oral/MAOi-less dose of ~150-160mg...It was interesting and quite visual (++ roughly), not much body load so to speak off (perhaps ketamine helped?), eqivalent to a relatively high dose of mushrooms in onset and duration at least; besides that, quite disimilar...but nothing compared to the intesity of smoking an 8th or so of that amount- and rather pointless i reckons.

I don't have access to moclomebide whereas rue and possibly caapi extracts aren't too much of a problemo. I'd also like to soften the 'digital' feeling DPT gives me, add something (I could get stomped for this) natural or organic to the blend.

Anyway, I'm still messed up from SSRI's (ceased several moths ago though) and have very little time for pharmaceuticals at the moment.... I think, as a preparation, I will make a DPT-changa smoke again to test the waters. See how that goes, my DMT/caapi smoking (sadly very few times) has been great; I just don't have the nerve for DMT and a MAOi yet; or maybe the time is not right. The stars or something.