• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dosing Tramadol and Exceeding 400mg?

Costa Rican

Greenlighter
What's the best way to dose tramadol? So far what I'm doing seems to work best; 50 mg at first hour, then 100 next hour, then 100 next hour, and so on, following up with the final 50 (of the 400mg max daily dose) if I feel like I want it.

Is this the best way to dose for maximum effects? If I've been doing this for a couple weeks can I go above the 400mg mark or is the seizure danger the same regardless of tolerance?

Also wanted to add, based on this Bioavailability Megathread (http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/266339-Bioavailability-Half-life-MEGA-Thread), Tram's half life is 5-7 hours so how is dosing more than 400mg in 24 hours as a seizure risk being calculated?

Last edited:
The siezure risk is not the same in everyone, you are more likely to have a seizure on it if you've had one before. That being said I've heard of people with no history of seizures inducing one with a dose lower then 400mg/day. The more you use tramadol the higher your risk

I'm also using tramadol atm

I've been doing it now 5 days in a row between 250-350mg a day. I tried
titration dose the dose up and I felt that just taking it all at once is better.

Anyway a few month a go. Well more like 8 months or so I was doing 400mg-500mg evvery day for 2 months and didn't get a seizure.

What I don't understand is that tramadol supposedly has a 5-7 hour half life? Why the 24-hour limit of 400mg? Isn't it safe to say your system has cycled out a great deal of it after 5-7 hours?

If that actually is the half life then your body has only ridden itself of half of the tramadol after 5-7 hours but as you know tramadol is much longer acting then 5-7 hours. I have no idea how tramadol functions once it's in the body but it's said tramadol potentiates itself so staggering the doses will potentiate it, it might not feel stronger but it will definitely last longer if staggered. Tram is metabolized to Odesmethyltramadol once processed by the liver and that is the drug believed to be responsible for most of its opioid effects, so you have to factor in the half life of that drug as well.

I believe all this is true since I can keep a good tramadol high going for a solid 8-11 hours after I've dosed 250-400 within an hour or two. So it's certainly very active in my system after 5-7 hours and I can only conjecture that there's still a moderate amount in my system after 20 hours.

small but more frequent doses is the best way, its a kind of drug you need to build up in your system to get the max effect. Tramadol works also like a anti depressant. be sure to taper off this drug, dont stop suddenly or some reallllly strange and depressive things can happen in your mind. If im not mistaken tramadol was created by exploiting the mechanism for which vanlefaxine (effexor) which is a SNRI has on the opioid receptors.

you're basically entering seizure territory and a grand-mal is not worth that dirty rushy tram high imo
cause nothing ​is worth a g-mal