• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dosing Question for Tylenol 3 (codeine)

xjupiterx

Greenlighter
Hi all!

I recently got extensive dental work done. I was prescribed Norco, 20 pills, 5/325 hydrocodone/apap I believe. I took 2 at a time every 4 hours. As much as I love the high I needed to ration them for actual pain relief.

I ran out today and tried to get more and they will only call me in Tylenol 3. If I'm correct that is 30mg codeine in each pill. I'm not sure of the apap as I haven't picked it up yet.

My question is... I don't take a lot of opiates but I have a high tolerance to all drugs it seems and metabolize them quickly. How much codeine can I safely take for a nice buzz while dulling the pain? I'm willing to try a CWE if needed.

For what it's worth I felt nothing off 10mg hyrdocodone. It's been a while since I've gotten a buzz off opiates but if I'm correct I usually need around 20mg to feel anything.

Thank you in advance for you help!

For pain relief, you could take some ibuprofen along with them. But Tylenol 3 are not very recreational compared to Norco so you might want to try the cold water extraction.

I don't mind trying a CWE. I looked up the freezer method. If I only need like 90mg of codeine the I don't think I'd need a CWE.

Do I need more though to feel any sort of buzz? Is it even worth it?

I always took 120 mg codeine to feel anything, and I mean a remote high. But I usually take 60 mg roxy and don't feel as much as I used to. I would stick with this advice: you can always take more, you can't take less.

I don't mind trying a CWE. I looked up the freezer method. If I only need like 90mg of codeine the I don't think I'd need a CWE.

Do I need more though to feel any sort of buzz? Is it even worth it?

someone with a 'naturally high tolerance' won't feel 90mgs of codeine. i wouldn't want to recommend a dose for you as my first recreation experience with codeine took around 290mgs to give me any effects (plus i'm kinda wasted rn), all i will say is codeine is rather weak so you'll probably have to do quite a few pills, making a CWE a necessity

Thanks for all the help, guys!

It has 300mg of apap. If I took 5 that's 150mg codeine and 1500mg tylenol. So I should be safe without a CWE, riget?

I've I'm correct we can take 4000mg of apap safely in 24 hours?

I've I'm correct we can take 4000mg of apap safely in 24 hours?

as a daily dose yes, but taking your entire daily allowance at once as opposed to spread out over the day can still have some detrimental effects.

This is correct and apap poisoning is no fun. Puking foreverrrrrr. Good for you for doing your research though!