• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Don't judge me, my addiction IS an addiction.

Please hang in there. Many good people don't make it through on their first try but I believe you can chip away at this thing and succeed. There is a good support system here where folks are genuinely rooting for you! I hope the sleeping meds allow you to get some sleep so you're strong enough to fight this thing. BTW, if you go to the top of this screen, you should see "notifications" on the right. If you click on that you should be able to see your inbox and a way to send messages to other members. Feel free to contact me if you wish, I too am rooting for your success. I know you can make it. Best of Luck my friend!

Please hang in there. Many good people don't make it through on their first try but I believe you can chip away at this thing and succeed. There is a good support system here where folks are genuinely rooting for you! I hope the sleeping meds allow you to get some sleep so you're strong enough to fight this thing. BTW, if you go to the top of this screen, you should see "notifications" on the right. If you click on that you should be able to see your inbox and a way to send messages to other members. Feel free to contact me if you wish, I too am rooting for your success. I know you can make it. Best of Luck my friend!
Hey there

sorry about late reply, things been up and down, I'm on day three of my taper and reduced again this morning, I'm hoping it to be over in eight weeks time.
Having a bit of a bad day in regards to being strong today, but I'm hanging in there, I have Kratom to help but too scared to try it properly plus it tastes disgusting! Might definitely give it a go tonight.
Thanks for the concern, the support on here is second to none and I really appreciate it, helps me thru the dark days.

I'm glad to see that you've begun your taper. I would advise against doing both kratom AND codeine during your taper, you don't want to get high because that will set you back. How are you feeling, though?

Hey BD, I forgot to reply to your pm, takes three hours for me to reply then I forgot, I'm doing ok, yesterday only took 8 codeine all day, used loperamide and gabapentin last night an some night nurse to sleep, slept well, woke up strangely ok, no cold sweats but stomachs a bit sore. I've put some Kratom into day nurse capsules but haven't touched it as yet, was gonna save it for when things get bad. My partner off work for the weekend so he's being supportive :) gonna try and get out the house and take the kids the park. I'm waiting for withdrawals to kick in before I take today's dose, if they don't, then I won't. I do have symptoms but very mild, legs hurting but gabapentin helps that in a 600mg dose. Thanks for all ur support u really have been a great help the past few weeks, it's far from over I know, but I'm trying my damn hardest to stay away from bupe or meth. The thought of the stuff gives me nightmares. Xoxox

Just updating, still going strong, feel like shite, still not took any codeine today, slept a lot, sweated a lot, I've been on a long walk, which was hell but I done it. Dreading tonight!! Thinking of a high dose of Kratom to help me sleep, not got anything else decent in except a few night nurse capsules and gabapentin. Oh I do have mirtazapine but I think I'm immune to them as I have to take 39mg daily! Hope I sleep makes life so much easier if you've had sleep.

Since you're doing a taper I would recommend just sticking to it, or taking at least a little bit codeine before bed to get to sleep. I don't think kratom is a good idea, because it's rather stimulating unless you take a lot, and you don't want to take a lot. Codeine on the other hand is rather sedating. Good luck, though! Falling asleep during WD is definitely not easy.

I'm really struggling, I've not bothered with taper today I've just gone full cold turkey, I feel absolutely awful, hoping to feel a bit better tomorrow, I'm just repeating ur words to myself whenever I feel the urge, pain is progress.

Ive stayed away from the Kratom, I have had mirtazapine 30mg, 600mg of gabapentin and valerian and a glass of wine, I'm hoping that will do the trick to get me to sleep, ur right it's so hard sleeping when ur legs have a mind of their own, stomachs in knots and pressure in my eyes, I'm just thinking if I carry this on I'll never have to go thru this again.

i know I'm never gonna be codeine free as my pain is too much to go without anything. But I'm hoping once I get un addicted then I'll be able to take occasionally for my pain, do u think this is possible, or will I be back to where I started, I'm not saying right after I've done withdrawal, but maybe in a few months time if it flares up.

So so glad I have somewhere to rant and get things out, just five minutes spent typing is another five minutes progress. I'm going to bed now so I'll update you tomorrow, I hope your ok and not in too much discomfort yourself xoxo

What I tried to say is that while pain is progress, the question is whether you can handle all that pain. It doesn't help if you start CT and then give up after 2 days, this is why I suggested sticking to the taper because you seem to be struggling real hard. But since you're doing CT, keep in mind that it doesn't last long. Try to make it to day 4 and I promise you, you will start feeling better.

As for your other question, yes I believe it is possible to use codeine responsibly for pain later on. But as with anything, can never be sure so don't take my word for it.

Good luck and hope you're feeling better soon. It is always good to rant to ease the suffering :) I'm doing alright, been taking codeine every other day, can't bring myself to abstain completely yet.

Hi BD, thanks for the reply, well it's day three I slept ok again last night, must be the gabapentin and the promethazine that's helping sleep, very odd dreams, felt a little better this morning but as day went on I felt dreadful, so I have took a very small dose of codeine 90mg to take some of the pain away, it hasn't really helped but has took the edge off a bit. I'm still gonna carry on with the ct, see how I am tomorrow, I'm gonna go see my dr and see if he can help me with anything.

glad that ur ok, and every other day is good, I suppose if u can do that ok then ur withdrawals arnt too bad. The days are so long without it arnt they? I said to my partner last night that the minutes seem like hours, the glass of wine seemed to make things worse rather than better. Not sure why that was.

Im hoping I can use responsibly in the future as I do have genuine pain, but we will see. I'll just deal with getting clean first and go from there. Today has been so boring, sober life kinda sucks, but I'm looking forward to waking up feeling a little better again tomorrow :)