• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Doing DMT and being a heroin addict.

Yesmam89

Greenlighter
A friend of mine gave me some DMT. I did it once maybe 15 years ago before I was a junkie. So I've just been reading up about it on Google trying to refresh my mind, yet everything says "do not mix with other substances". However I am a heroin addict. Does that count as mixing it? I certainly do not want to try and trip while dope sick...that would result in chaos. Thoughts?

Just be ready to really feel shitty about being a junkie.

I did LSD and smoked some changa on top of it when I was on H - and guuuuurl, I tore myself a new one.

Not necessarily, I've smoked DMT on heroin and felt great about it 😀

But yeah a possibility depending on how you feel about yourself.

Yeah, did lots of psychedelics while being a heroin addict and I often didn't feel bad about it. It's true that it is a possibility but I think people tend to overhype it out of a desire to emphasize the healing qualities of psychedelics. I would definitely say it's better to trip when not addicted to anything though. For me the worst thing about tripping while addicted was simply the fact that I'd go into withdrawal toward the end of the trip and have to dose and sometimes that could be a good thing if I was ready to come down but it can also be a bad thing if I was in a very clear state of mind, dosing heroin, even a little bit to stave off withdrawal, would kind of muddle/change the trip and take away from the clear state I was experiencing. On other occasions I felt like there was no better way to end a trip than with a nice shot of heroin, but that was more into my early years of using. If you're at the point with opiates where you no longer enjoy them but just have to dose to keep withdrawal at bay then that's likely only going to make your trip worse, although it won't necessarily make it a bad trip.

Jeez burnout - putting the finishing touch to a trip with a nice shot of heroin is a bit decadent! Cant fault you tho 😀

I tend to avoid psychedelics since being a heroin addict, the introspection and feeling shit about my self are heavy... Im not at a place in my head to quit yet so best avoid such ideas.

I used to shoot DMT and heroin together. I thought it was pretty great tbh. There is no harmful interaction and to be honest DMT I never found to be that introspective a drug, when it's more than just a color-show it tends to be more far out than that. But I used to take a lot of L when I was on dope which necessarily meant going through the whole process of shooting up at least once when tripping, or having somebody do it for me. To be honest I didn't feel bad about that either except when I couldn't find a vein due to visuals, lol. So I think that whole concern is kinda bullshit and worrying about it sets you up for getting some kind of mental complex about it. Psychedelics aren't some magical thing that will tell you to do good and not evil. Whatever psychedelics may make you think about your drug use its gotta be be a lot better than tripping while withdrawing though.

I've actually had dmt force a nod + completely pass out, while on lsd+heroin, (i agree this is ridiculous, so unless the person who handed me the dmt drugged me with something smokable sedative that I've never heard of..) and had it make a nod more intense on another occasion with just opana+dmt.

I haven't enjoyed tripping since I started struggling with addiction, mostly because my state of mind isn't ever okay unless I'm high and I haven't even considered trying to combine them as I'm just trying to stop for long enough to be able to enjoy psychedelics again on their own.

I imagine it could make you feel a bit shitty about your use, or other things related to it, psychedelics can definitely make the conscience unbearable. But probably not from dmt.

I've actually had dmt force a nod + completely pass out, while on lsd+heroin, (i agree this is ridiculous, so unless the person who handed me the dmt drugged me with something smokable sedative that I've never heard of..) and had it make a nod more intense on another occasion with just opana+dmt.

I haven't enjoyed tripping since I started struggling with addiction, mostly because my state of mind isn't ever okay unless I'm high and I haven't even considered trying to combine them as I'm just trying to stop for long enough to be able to enjoy psychedelics again on their own.

I imagine it could make you feel a bit shitty about your use, or other things related to it, psychedelics can definitely make the conscience unbearable. But probably not from dmt.

I’ve straight fallen asleep with the pipe and lighter still in my hand, for this reason I always do it before bed. Once in awhile it’ll wake me up but most of the time I get really sleepy after.

As for heroin and psychedelics, I’m personally someone where those two didn’t mix. Oxy and Heroin didn’t do what I thought they would when combined with psychedelics, usually id get really anxious and sick feeling. It wasn’t til after i quit heroin that psychedelics really started treating me well.

That said I still think you should do it. I think any negativity felt could be a positive catalyst in the long run even if rough in the short term.

-GC

I’ve straight fallen asleep with the pipe and lighter still in my hand, for this reason I always do it before bed. Once in awhile it’ll wake me up but most of the time I get really sleepy after.

As for heroin and psychedelics, I’m personally someone where those two didn’t mix. Oxy and Heroin didn’t do what I thought they would when combined with psychedelics, usually id get really anxious and sick feeling. It wasn’t til after i quit heroin that psychedelics really started treating me well.

That said I still think you should do it. I think any negativity felt could be a positive catalyst in the long run even if rough in the short term.

-GC
One of my most euphoric opiate experiences was during the tail end of an acid trip. One of my first times ever taking oxycodone. Took about 40mg orally 6-8 hours after dropping acid. Was awesome.

You decide your trip - if you dont want to think about being an addict during your dmt trip then just stop thinking about it during the trip.

You decide your trip - if you dont want to think about being an addict during your dmt trip then just stop thinking about it during the trip.
I've found dmt a bit more lucid in that sense, utter silence

No people Nooo....im not concerned about feeling negative about being an addict. I am definitely NOT ashamed about who or what I am. Im not one of those junkies in and out of rehab trying to quit but they cant. Im not the kinda person to cover my tracks cuz im embarrassed. So that aspect im not worried about. (Seeing as you don't know me, I could possibly have been one of those kinda addicts so in that sense thanks for tryin' to warn a fellow junkie)

I more was concerned about the properties of the two drugs possibly making some kind of chemical reaction that could be fatal.

Sorry, I shoulda been more thorough with my question

No people Nooo....im not concerned about feeling negative about being an addict. I am definitely NOT ashamed about who or what I am. Im not one of those junkies in and out of rehab trying to quit but they cant. Im not the kinda person to cover my tracks cuz im embarrassed. So that aspect im not worried about. (Seeing as you don't know me, I could possibly have been one of those kinda addicts so in that sense thanks for tryin' to warn a fellow junkie)

I more was concerned about the properties of the two drugs possibly making some kind of chemical reaction that could be fatal.

Sorry, I shoulda been more thorough with my question

Nothing fatal that I’m aware of, I do know quite a few who’ve done the combo and never heard anything negative about it in terms of health.

-GC

I gave my dad some dmt he uses 180mg of methadone daily injected..

He found it had no interactions. In fact i dont think he would be interested whilst dope sick..

I guess I still take buprenorphine too and love me some DMT, but bupe is an opioid unlike any other far as I’m concerned.

-GC

In the future if you looking to break the chains of addiction 5meo dmt is the most powerful and healing of all psychedelics. DMT is fine while addicted to opiates.