• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does Tramadol actually work for anyone's pain, or enjoyment?

I have taken codeine many times before as a painkiller and find that in addition to being even more constipating than tram, it gets me higher than a kite

High from codeine?! It just makes me dull and detached, with absolutly no euphoria.
How much do you take?

But maybe it's me, I also see very little enjoyment in poppy tea.

Last edited:
Tramadol works like a charm for me, but tolerance builds up quickly.
I need at least 200 mg to relieve mild to moderate pain

Just back from a short stroll, limping because of back pain... I think I should book an MRI scan.
I have tramadol and codeine but I am not going to take them. Yes they work with pain if you take enough, but tolerance and then mild phisical addiction build up so fast that I prefer not to take. Tramadol has some recreational use, sometimes I take 50-100mg to be a bit spaced out.

Just back from a short stroll, limping because of back pain... I think I should book an MRI scan.
I have tramadol and codeine but I am not going to take them. Yes they work with pain if you take enough, but tolerance and then mild phisical addiction build up so fast that I prefer not to take. Tramadol has some recreational use, sometimes I take 50-100mg to be a bit spaced out.

I'm sorry about the pain brother, I hope you find some relief from it :)
But yes, my mistake. I was a bit sloppy in the first post, regarding your problem - I'd avoid tramadol for serious pain. I'd rather have some oxys for that.
Beside the relatively weak pain-supressing qualities, the withdrawals are fucking horrible.

But as for recreational use - I love it, way too much.

Did you book the MRI?

worked good for pain after removing some teeth and coulndt sleep without it

And also its one of my fav opiates to take and smoke hasch with

@George27.

Yes, codeine makes me high once I get into the 30mg or so range. Not like stronger opiates, but definitely not fit to drive or be out in public. Sort of a combo between acting drunk and acting opiated.

The histamine release from codeine also makes me itch to the point where I'll literally scratch holes in my skin and I have to take high doses of antihistamines to counter that, which add to the 'stoned' issues.

I actually prefer hydrocodone for this level of pain, so long as I can get a doc to describe Compazine, or preferably Zofran for the inevitable nausea I get from the stuff. Unfortunately, the CDC in the US has advised doc not to prescribe narcotics for chronic pain.

I have a love/hate relationship with tram. 100mg's and I'm lit up like a christmas tree for 6-8 hrs, for me, almost as comfy as hydro and way better than oxy for some odd reason. Unfortunately, tram wd's are as advertised -absolute hell compared to other pills.

Beside the relatively weak pain-supressing qualities, the withdrawals are fucking horrible.

But as for recreational use - I love it, way too much.

Did you book the MRI?

I've done a wd from tramadol, nothing special. Why do you and Fuhge think it is so horrible?

Yes I've done the MRI for back pain, there is a hernia. Here 640AM and I'vnt even tried to go to sleep, too much pain expecially while laying to sleep this night. I've took three 30mg codeine pills in 9 hours but the effect is light. Tramadol, I do not ever bother to take. At the moment is dawn and I have put a home-made fentanyl lollipop ( carved out from a patch) on my gums. The patch has been scripted to my father , he has a big hernia and is due for surgery next week (!).

Last edited:
I have pretty much no opioid tolerance, but extensive experience with pharm opioids. I have Crohn's and had a major flareup where I got my docs to, over the course of a year, bring me up to 100 mg of hydromorphone / day. A surgery later, I was tired of the rollercoaster ride, so I switched to methadone, which I still abused to hell. After four years of that, I got my dose down from 65 mg to 20 mg / day, and cold turkeyed that with almost no withdrawal. (I suspect the moderate amounts of DXM I was doing near daily, i.e. 500-600 mg, prevented the withdrawal.)

A year after no opioids, I felt that I still needed something for occasional pain, so I got my doctor to give me Tramadol. I find it is complete garbage and has virtually no recreational potential, at least for me. I've tried taking up to 600 mg at a time, and I'm lucky if I get anywhere near what 60 mg of codeine would probably give me.

On the other hand (O/T), I picked up some U-47700 three weeks ago (ROI oral, up to 45 mg / dose, 2-6 doses per day), and that was AWESOME. Probably the best opioid I've done. I was intent on self-control, but that didn't pan out quite so well, and I binged through the entire gram in about a week, with one day off. Great week: motivated and happy. Exercised a ton and barely felt compelled to eat, and dropped 2 kg.

Have 1g MT-45 here as well, which I haven't taken, as the stories on these boards about long term effects seem terrifying and I just can't put something that toxic into my body.

pain relief from tram...only if i take about 6 50mg. but that turned into nightmare

lots of tram (6 to 10 50mg), plus a couple beers, was on SSRI and lo and behold...grand mal seizure. scared the shit outta me. not worth it.

when I was a wee opiate naive tot I enjoyed say 250-500mg tramadol a good deal and it did help w/ my pain while hydrocodone did nothing even at amounts pushing 40mg and it took 30mg oxy for me to get a mild buzz. I think I'm a poor codeine metabolizer though so ...