• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Does this disprove Atheism?

Wow , wow , wow.
Does everybody just forget : One of the major religions in the world is without any god.
Yes that's right : Buddhism.
Although Buddhism does believe in a never-ending re-cycle of life.
What i think is going on here is "the Kruger-dunning effect": You are all sooo caught up in your believes that you are limited by the same belief.

And looks like non of the above even looked any further...
for example : Ignosticism
Yes with an "I" not with an "A".
look it up and learn something new everyday.

^I'm sort of curious about what your point here is. Buddhism- thats right, Buddhism. And what of it, my friend?

But I have to thank you for introducing ignosticism as a word to me. Actually quite a reasonable idea.

So, let us now define god so we can attack It reasonably. ;)

True. For me, the way things are is that we are floating through a godless space on an accumulated ball of spacedust. The reality you conform to is different, it is your own.

I don't think anyone really knows the truth, becuase I don't think there is a 'truth' to be known.

I don't know about that. I mean, no one I know chose to be born. No one really chose to be alive. And we are told its a gift, despite having no choice whether we receive it or not. Not exactly the sort of gift I like.
No one chose to be born because we most likely did not have the mental faculties to choose, so that was left to our parents - which I don't really want to think about :)

I can choose to remain alive (or not)

I can choose whether to believe in God or not because I am alive

However, we would most likely not be able to choose to believe in God when we are dead, because, once again, we would not have our mental faculties due to being dead

It is a choice for me now

It is a choice for you now

I choose to wait for more evidence either way before I make a decision ;)

No one chose to be born because we most likely did not have the mental faculties to choose, so that was left to our parents - which I don't really want to think about :)

I can choose to remain alive (or not)

I can choose whether to believe in God or not because I am alive

However, we would most likely not be able to choose to believe in God when we are dead, because, once again, we would not have our mental faculties due to being dead

It is a choice for me now

It is a choice for you now

I choose to wait for more evidence either way before I make a decision ;)

yeah because when you're dead it's too late

humans can't exist without greed like they can't exist without fucking.

its an evolutionary trait which flourished through natural selection. only the animals that were greedy survived and thrived (just like today). If you remove greed you don't have human beings or any type of animal we have on this earth.

but you don't believe any of that science stuff do you

I wouldn't necessarily call it greed, it seems like solidarity, courage & ambition lead to our survival more than anything else in early tribes. Someone hoarding whatever resource would've gotten kicked out the group. Perhaps collectively as a group they may have been "greedy" compared to others but I think of greed as a quite a solitary personal neurosis stemming from limited resources.

Semantics I know.