• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Does the physical body build tolerance to amps?

Zonxx

Bluelighter
Noticing that ( after days of binging i got a good 8-12 hr sleep, took 30mg which got me to my sweet spot, no negatives whereas usually i have VERY MINOR ones like increase heart rate/bp but said fuck it since no negatives today, took another 30 ( crushed adderalls) got amped as fuck BUT minor and i mean minor negatives, what gives? Is my body developping a tolerance faster than my brain? I cant complain however i can state im taking a good long break from amps starting tuesday for 1-3 months thus i suppose its irrelevant as ill lose the tolerance by then but its still good info to be aware of

The periphery/heart/cardiovascular system does develop some level of tolerance to the stimulating effects of amps over time, certainly.

The periphery/heart/cardiovascular system does develop some level of tolerance to the stimulating effects of amps over time, certainly.
How is it possible that mine has developed past my mental tolerance? Was in conversation with @opiatekrzy and he had a pretty solid statement " that some days maybe you can handle more and some days youre more sensitive" on a side not i dont wana make another amphetamine thread, but will you take a look at this insane bullshit in the screenshot ima post i dont believe the screenshot for one iota of a second

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-25-20-52-39.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-25-20-52-39.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 4
I feel like thats just an absolutely absurd number no matter how much you abuse amps i cant even fathom someone using even 1000mgs in a day

OH well fuck i didnt think of this sooner... i use crack heavily until i run out every month usually 3-7 day binges of 20-40grams could the physical tolerance be directly related as a sort of crossover tolerance?! Whats odd about this theory is the fact that 30mg amp in one go used to give me minor negatives ( bp, heart rate) so i dont know if there could be some general stimulant cross tolerance or the fact that my sensitivity to physical stim isnt as high as it typically could be

Yes, all stimulants are cross-tolerant.

How is it possible that mine has developed past my mental tolerance? Was in conversation with @opiatekrzy and he had a pretty solid statement " that some days maybe you can handle more and some days youre more sensitive" on a side not i dont wana make another amphetamine thread, but will you take a look at this insane bullshit in the screenshot ima post i dont believe the screenshot for one iota of a second

It's not unusual for the heart to begin to 'ignore' the effects of stimulants once you've been using them for a while (just like with caffeine). But also, how you think you feel mentally (your state of mind) is very subjective and unreliable, and depends on lots of factors and not just the drug. For example sometimes you can feel awful for no obvious reason - which people will often just blame on 'cuts' or fake drugs when it's just factors like nutrition, sleep status, underlying/subconscious mood or state of mind, physical stress, etc.

As for the LD50, that's roughly the dose that would kill half of naive (ie non-tolerant) amphetamine users, yes. Though some studies have speculated doses as low as 4mg/kg could be lethal. Considerably less could easily be lethal under different circumstances (cardiovascular issues, vulnerability to seizures etc), but those are doses that would kill roughly half of people (for whatever reason).

Yes, all stimulants are cross-tolerant.

It's not unusual for the heart to begin to 'ignore' the effects of stimulants once you've been using them for a while (just like with caffeine). But also, how you think you feel mentally (your state of mind) is very subjective and unreliable, and depends on lots of factors and not just the drug. For example sometimes you can feel awful for no obvious reason - which people will often just blame on 'cuts' or fake drugs when it's just factors like nutrition, sleep status, underlying/subconscious mood or state of mind, physical stress, etc.

As for the LD50, that's roughly the dose that would kill half of naive (ie non-tolerant) amphetamine users, yes. Though some studies have speculated doses as low as 4mg/kg could be lethal. Considerably less could easily be lethal under different circumstances (cardiovascular issues, vulnerability to seizures etc), but those are doses that would kill roughly half of people (for whatever reason).
Thanks for answering all my questions man! I wasnt aware all stims are cross tolerant ( but im still very careful with everything because no reason to have somthing bad happen for a high) well atleast i can keep goin and feel pretty darned secure now :) and if i ever feel uncomfortable ive always got benzos and heavy opiates to fix bp/heart rate issues :) appreciate your time to answer everything