• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Does suboxone lose its potency???

WasteLand Warrior

Bluelighter
Hey guys i have a quick question if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated!!! So im a long time heroin user and i've used subs multiple times to get clean. well as of recently when i buy subs off the street (i buy them illegally i don't have a script) people take them out of there package before selling them cuz of the serial number on the package can be traced. When i get them there in a cigarette cellophane. Well heres my question do subs lose there potency out of there package?? i keep them in a cool dark place in a cig cellophane away from any liquids. i feel like they don't work as good is it in my head or am i right?? please help me out thanks guys!!! Sending much love and positive vibes to all you bluelighters!!!!!!!!

I imagine if they're just left out in a moist environment then they definitely could, or maybe a dry one too...I'm pretty sure that the serial number can only trace the strips back to the pharmacy from which they were dispensed, whenever I've gotten subs off the street they were still sealed up, that sounds kind of rediculous IMO, anyway it could be that your tolerance has just gotten higher too.

Or maybe the way you are dosing could be it. Make sure you are hydrated, so your mouth isn't dry, but moist. But don't drink anything 30mins before dosing so your mouth isn't TOO salivated. Don't smoke either, and don't drink caffeinated products before dosing nicotine and caffeine are stimulants that will constrict the blood vessels even in your mouth and botch absorption possibly. Then after dosing, don't drink or smoke til 30min or so after film is dissolved under tongue. A sure fire thing I have noticed that the sub is about to do its job , is during the time the piece is under my tongue, I will shudder and get a tingle through my body. Then after the film is dissolved, I will still have lingering burning chemical sensation from it under my tongue. How much are you dosing at a time ?

ive been binging on dope for about 10 months straight half a gram or more a day. yesterday i made sure to wait 24 hrs before taking the sub i definatley was withdrawing when i took half a sub still felt sick ended up taking the other half 3 hrs later. so i took a full 8 mg sub still felt sick hot cold flashes, muscle aches, head pounding so me and my boyfriend went and got dope it was good shit me and him felt nothing off the dope. a couple hrs later me and him took 600 mgs of gabapentin and 25 mgs of amitriptyline hydrocloride and felt alot better got a full night sleep. i figured the sub took awhile to take affect and the dope had nothing to do with it!! this morning i took 300 mgs of gabapentin and 25 mgs of amitriptyline hydrocloride and a bunch of b vitamins and other vitamins and 1 mg of sub i feel 95% normal i have 5 days worth of the pills and 7 more mgs of sub i'm trying to rapid detox taking 5 days of those pills and 1 mg of sub a day the go down to .5 for 2 days n if i have a lil piece of sub left ill tear tiny pieces just for placebo effects for 2 days then be done with everything. is this a good plan?? any other good ideas for kicking dope would be appreciated much love and positive vibes my bluelight fam!!!!!

Sounds like a good taper plan, Warrior. I stand by rapid tapers as the gold standard of opioid detox.

The gabapentin will go a long way too (for me it helped stretch the time between last dose of H and first sub by almost 48 hours).

The dope didn't work due to bupe blockade as I'm sure you've figured out.

Best of luck, send us updates!

Ya its working for you it seems Warrior. But just remember, no matter what, after you are done with you taper, you will still feel kinda shitty, but it will be mild. And it takes a couple days to stabilize on the sub. You are doing a good job though. I noticed your name Wasteland Warrior, is that in reference to the bone thugs song ? Lol

Sm0kestack it definatley is a refrence to Bone thugz I'm from Cleveland, DaLand the hardest part is the mental the obsessive thinking!! I've lost everything, done shit i can't believe and am so ashamed of myself!!! Why do i still want something thats destroyed every aspect of me???!!!! Arrrrrggggghhhhhh i hste being a fucking junkie!!! its sooooo hard cuz heroin is every here!! Shit my neighbor 5 houses away sells dope, pretty convenient huh!!!! I have a boyfriend who is supportive were kicking together other than that the only encouraging words is from you guys the bluelight fam

I thought so. I am in Cleveland as well. I'm at a friends house near W 117, but I stay out on the east side
, and yeah this area is flooded with it. I can't say the quality is the greatest, so all the more reason to stop. Its a waste for sure. Keep strong. You will feel better once you get stabilized.

wow smokestack ur right by me!!!! the dope has been shitty the last 4 months thats what pushed me to quit, sick of spending hundreds a day just to be well!!! plus my quality of life sucks!!! PM me if you'd like to chat I NEED MORAL SUPPORT!!

I doubt the dope is as shitty as it was in oakland- but I'm from NYC originally I've been spoiled, I've never actually done smack in this area, I've heard that there is tar and china though which is confusing to me.

I've come across black tar years ago in cleveland i would'nt call the dope here china, its hard brown or grey or light tan chunks that break down to powder. Znegative do yourself a favor and don't touch it!!! You already know you'll open up pandora's box!!! Stay strong the dope is only mediocre here nothing like NYC!! Not worth getting a habit over!!! Trust me!!!

Oh fah sho. WastelandWarrior. Hope you are hanging in there. I sent a friend request to you, but I am not sure how to PM on here. I am logged on from a phone.

I am not sure how to PM on here. I am logged on from a phone.
Open up the profile then go to browser settings and "request desktop version" and you should get same page version as browser, which has the PM option.