• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe does suboxone effect how long opiates stay in your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

div4our

Greenlighter
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, I did a search and couldn't find anything helpful or pertaining to this subject.

I had to go UA yesterday, and the last time I used was Thursday. I have been maintaining (and hopefully now I'm done with, but that's another topic altogether) with subutex over the weekend. I just KNEW I was going to be clean last night for my UA, and lo and behold when I meet my parole officer about an hour ago he tells me that I was dirty again! I have been drinking copious amounts of water and cranberry juice over the weekend and somehow I still failed my test at about 7:30pm last night. I have to go retest today.

So any knowledge on this matter? Also, I have been taking lots of vitamins the past 2 days if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks in advance.

Wait, you took suboxone the day before you did a piss test, and now you're wondering why you tested positive for opioids?

I'd say it's probably because you took an actual opioid the day before your UA.
Look at the structure of buprenorphine, and it should be pretty obvious why this stuff might give a false positive for morphine/heroin on a dipstick test.

And if they did a GC/MS on it, they'd obviously have detected the buprenorphine, a controlled substance you presumably weren't prescribed.

So yeah, you're kind of SOL there :(

Thanks for the reply. All the research I've done has told me that bupe does not cause a positive for opiates though, do you have any research that shows that it does?

If it does, how do I prove that it was not opiates and just bupe?

Sorry, UA discussion is prohibited on BL.

Some tests do test for buprenorphine, but most commonplace ones don?t. It wouldn?t surprise me that correctional tests do detox buprenorphine, but it?s news to me.

Buprenorphine shouldn?t cause other opioids to stay in your system any longer than normal. As always, best way to beat a test is to abstain.

Sorry OP, but gotta close. You should be able to find info on this UA issue elsewhere on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.