• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does seroquel neutralize the effects of methamphetamine/ or cocaine?

SnackSpace

Greenlighter
I'm curious if seroquel would prevent one from getting anything out of meth or cocaine? Like not taking at the same time, but say if someone takes seroquel for bi-polar everyday. Does it stabilize the brain chemistry to the point where meth or coke don't have their typical effects anymore? Also does anyone know if daily use of seroquel effects opiate receptors?

No, it doesn't eliminate the effect. Couldn't tell you if it reduces it or not, but the drugs will still work.

A lot of people take Seroquel as a sleep aid after a amphetamine binge, so yes it'll dull the effects, but it's dosage dependent. How much Seroquel do you take and how much coke/meth?
But, people with bipolar disorder should stay away from amphetamines as they can induce a manic phase. And combining atypical antipsychotic with amphetamines can result in nasty if not dangerous side effects. http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/452658-amphetamine-and-quetiapine-(Seroquel)
I don't think that Seroquel acts on opioid receptors.

basically the answer is YES seroquel will block the effects of just about any stimulant you're likely to come across, but only during acute dosing of it concurrent with a stimulant. it is powerful enuff at the right dosages to end just about any stim trip and send you to bed, but it doesn't permanently block any dopamine signaling, only when there is enuff of it in your body to be active. if you take the stuff every day then the dosages will be different, tolerance to seroquel builds rapidly and it lasts a long time, as you know, but after it's worn off it is no longer blocking any receptors and you're good to go. Like basically 15 hours after dosing it and you will be able to get high off of coke/speed/whatever. i have done this many times. anytime before those 15 hours are up however and you are wasting good drugs because those synapses are locked shut when that shit is in there. i have taken seroquel to come down off of meth, woken up and felt groggy after only 5-8 hours sleep, taken more meth and not felt good until hours later when all the seroquel had been mostly metabolized -- then i was totally high again, when all that meth finally caught up with me. it took me several rounds of this to figure out what exactly was happening. strong stuff, that seroquel.
good luck

I would take serequel over benzo's any day if I was trippin' hard on speed. It's always worked great for me.

Yes. 100 mgs of sequel completey killed my Buzz after taking 500mg (yes you read that right) of adderall in less than a 30 hour time span. I didn't believe it would work with that high of an amp dose but i was asleep within 30 minutes.

Yes it does. It is basically acting like a massive antihistamine and takes out your dopamine so it can knock you flat. Meth will still be present just no dopamine.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I've experienced this myself. Popped some seroqul at like 8 in the morning to knock me out from a coke binge. Had to work at 2. Knew about quetiapine's dopamine antagonism, but didn't really think about it at the time. Got to work, bought some more coke and did some. Didn't feel shit. What the fuck? I know it's good shit, so I can't understand it. Finally it dawned on me that the quetiapine was still in my sytem. Fuck, now I have to wait to get high becasue I'm not gonna just waste the cocaine. The same reason in knocks you down so easily from a stimulant high, the dopamine antagonism, will also block the fuck out of those same stimulants. At least I remembered soon enough so I didn't waste all the drugs.

Yes. 100 mgs of sequel completey killed my Buzz after taking 500mg (yes you read that right) of adderall in less than a 30 hour time span. I didn't believe it would work with that high of an amp dose but i was asleep within 30 minutes.

Oh, totally man, the best think I've ever encountered to kill a stimulant high. Like you said 30 minutes after you pop some you're sleeping like a baby even if you still have a bunch of stims in your system, as ling as you take enough of the quetiapine. My first experience with seroquel was taking 100 mgs. on the advice of a friend at 15 years old, thinking it might be a decent high. I slept for 20 fucking hours, only waking up periodically to piss and then just crash the fuck back out.(no other drugs in my system) I was like wow, that was a waste of a fucking day, I thought I was gonna catch a decent buzz. Also, I wasn't too well versed on chemicals at the time, and that dumbass had told me to pop four of them. Luckily they were only 25 mgs. and not 50 or 100mgs.If 100 put me out that hard, I can't even imagine what 400 mgs. would have done.

I've also known people with bipolar who take like 300 mgs. in the morning and are just walking around like normal, it just stabilizes them. It's crazy how they give it out like candy off-label for sleep, and most of the people getting it for that have no clue it's an atypical antipsychotic. My mom has been prescribed it for like 10 or 12 years just for sleep and I had to explain to her what the fuck the chemical actually was, the doctor is just like "yeah take this an hour before bed", lol. It's a persons own's fault if they don't bother to research what the fuck they're being told to take though, also the doctors though as well.

People should be careful with these drugs and stims like meth!

We had a new member today who was taking massive amounts of amphs because she couldn't feel it. If her alpha-blocking drug wore off during that, her head might have exploded with strokes.

Both quetiapine/Seroquel and olanzapine/Zyprexa, while they are potent anti-histamines (sleepy) and dopamine-blocking (high-destroying), they are also alpha-blocking (kills the jaw clenching fidgets).

But that alpha-block keeps your blood pressure and heart rate down. If you redose after taking these, you may take more than you would normally. Meth is long-lasting, and if the alpha-blocking antipsychotic wears off, your heart rate and BP will soar.

Save it for when you are already coming down, and don't redose for at least 24 hours. If nothing else, you'd waste a lot of dope.

This is true for clonidine too.

^ Yes-our resident stim expert/master synthesizer

For everything else and original question, also yes(*) however at low doses it is basically a H1 antagonist, so 25mg would(should) be fine, though unless it is for a comedown, You shouldn?t mix the two and if you actually take it as an anti-whatever(usually anti-depressant) then the dose is higher

(And Scrofula really is a great synth player... or something )

^ Yes-our resident stim expert/master synthesizer

For everything else and original question, also yes(*) however at low doses it is basically a H1 antagonist, so 25mg would(should) be fine, though unless it is for a comedown, You shouldn?t mix the two and if you actually take it as an anti-whatever(usually anti-depressant) then the dose is higher

(And Scrofula really is a great synth player... or something )

Just the old Roland 808 I break out sometimes, when I need to break out.

I did get a little excited this morning scaring the tweakers away from their sleep meds, but the tizanidine poster really did have a likely interaction that could have been bad.

The antipsychotics have potency at H1 and alphaRs as close as 50% in some cases, so you can't just assume its negligible because you take a sub-psychotic-break-dose for sleep.

But yeah, chances are even an extra dose of Seroquel for extra sleep wont totally saturate all your receptors and make you immune to stims. And if you're taking it for psychotic depressive disorders, hopefully you aren't abusing stims.