• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does oral morphine solution expire and/or lose potency?

It doesn't loose much potency although the oral solutions will eventually get pretty funky over time.

A solution with a 2018 expiration date shouldn't be good.

Edit: i meant should be good. This made my advisory worthless 🤣

Last edited:
It doesn't loose much potency although the oral solutions will eventually get pretty funky over time.

A solution with a 2018 expiration date shouldn't be good.
How so? Like it'll still be strong but it will taste worse? As long as it isn't weak I won't be too disappointed.

Has it been opened would be the first question?
If not, it’s good I’d say, if kept in a decent place of course.
I got morphine solution before but it was sealed that time. This one has been opened and is half full, but it was cheaper because of that (plus the expiration date).The person I got it from said it belonged to a relative who recently died. I figured I'd test it by just a tiny drop first and it tastes real, similar to the last one but this one is a reddish liquid instead of blue.

Last edited:
I got morphine solution before but it was sealed. This one has been opened and is half full, but it was cheaper because of that (plus the expiration date).The person I got it from said it belonged to a relative who recently died. I figured I'd test it by just a tiny drop first and it tastes real, similar to the last one but this one is a reddish liquid instead of blue.
Again, I see the edit. I wouldn’t touch it. Gross dude. It’s already going to be diminished quality like maybe 70% potency if you’re lucky for an unopened bottle stored out of the light. An opened bottle? No way... it’s going to have bacteria and shit in it. It’s going to be low potency and seriously not worth the risk of getting gastroenteritis.

I got morphine solution before but it was sealed. This one has been opened and is half full, but it was cheaper because of that (plus the expiration date).The person I got it from said it belonged to a relative who recently died. I figured I'd test it by just a tiny drop first and it tastes real, similar to the last one but this one is a reddish liquid instead of blue.

Maybe sterilize it first somehow. Perhaps microwave it in a glass dish to boiling in a few pulses? Or simmer for a bit on the stove. Morphine handles 200F just fine, although im guessing it might turn into a goopy mess after heating. You might want to add a cup of water, simmer on the stove for a number of minutes then drink. Just to be safe.

Again, I see the edit. I wouldn’t touch it. Gross dude. It’s already going to be diminished quality like maybe 70% potency if you’re lucky for an unopened bottle stored out of the light. An opened bottle? No way... it’s going to have bacteria and shit in it. It’s going to be low potency and seriously not worth the risk of getting gastroenteritis.
If it was anything else I might be less inclined to take it, but its morphine and morphine happens to be my all-time favorite drug (which is getting harder to acquire these days where I'm from). Plus, I don't wanna flush $75 down the drain. I payed for it before I considered checking the expiration date. I normally just take pills and when I get those they're never in the original prescription bottle so it didn't really cross my mind to check at the time. Also, I've never been a germaphobe so I'd take my chances in terms of that. I'm more concerned about its potency than possible bacteria.

Last edited:
I'd consider heating it but I'm not too worried about germs/bacteria. That's the least of my problems. I appreciate the suggestion though.

If it was anything else I might be more hesitant to take it, but its morphine and morphine happens to be my all-time favorite drug (which its getting harder and harder to acquire these days where I'm from). Plus, I don't wanna flush $75 down the drain. I payed for it before I considered checking the expiration date. I normally just take pills and when I get those they're never in the original prescription bottle so it didn't really cross my mind to check at the time. Also, I've never been a germaphobe so I'd take my chances in terms of that. I'm more concerned about its potency than possible bacteria.
Yeah, you got done dude! $75 for half bottle of 2018 morphine! You’ll be lucky if it’s 40% potency! Along with the risk of whatever disease the previous owner had or bacteria that’s built up in a bottle over a few years! Your best best is to dump it and take the lesson.

A little update: I got off work and took some about a half hour ago because I'm out of my "daily use" painkillers. It was either that or withdrawals, but I gotta say...I'm not disappointed. So far its looking like I'm gonna sleep pretty good (that is, if I even wanna sleep through it. Why waste the high? Haha.). 👍🏼

Last edited:
I'm surprised in America you've found such a goodie :cool:

I wish my country wasn't so anti-opiate while being so opiates are life simultaneously. It is very confusing and a blessing and a curse. All I want is morphine :ROFLMAO: They make it so hard to be an addict in need at times and also so easy other times.

I'm surprised in America you've found such a goodie :cool:

I wish my country wasn't so anti-opiate while being so opiates are life simultaneously. It is very confusing and a blessing and a curse. All I want is morphine :ROFLMAO: They make it so hard to be an addict in need at times and also so easy other times.
The U.S. government claims to be anti-opiate/opioid, yet several years ago they sent around 15,000 troops to Afghanistan for reasons unmentioned (probably to patrol the poppy fields for U.S. distribution). Flash-forward a couple of years later to 2016 and Trump declares an opioid epidemic. We're still in an active epidemic, but it's just been swept under the rug or put on the back burner because the whole Covid-19 ordeal is the current focus. And yes, morphine is one of the most difficult painkillers to find nowadays where I live (and specifically MS Contin is my favorite). From the early to late 2010's, it was cheap and everywhere. That all changed in 2016 when the opiate/opioid epidemic sparked a lot of nationwide crackdowns. What country are you from?

Last edited:
Ever since the opium wars we've known the power play is to control the good stuff. China was furious at Britain for turning their country into a generation of addicts who notoriously nod out and live at the opium dens. There's only so many poppies in the world for our wealthy celebs unlimited pain pill script and all the 'others.'

Can't really think of a better place I'd rather be but then again maybe there's more to life than getting high. Will return with my philosophical research after getting high. Anyway, oral morphine (if sealed) won't really go bad. Unless it's from the Great Depression :LOL: Sometimes people ask if their old oxycodone script is too old to have any effects. "Yes definitely. Send it to me."

Yeah, you got done dude! $75 for half bottle of 2018 morphine! You’ll be lucky if it’s 40% potency! Along with the risk of whatever disease the previous owner had or bacteria that’s built up in a bottle over a few years! Your best best is to dump it and take the lesson.
The previous owner died due some type of cancer, which isn't contagious to my knowledge, but I've never really been a germaphobe.

The previous owner died due some type of cancer, which isn't contagious to my knowledge, but I've never really been a germaphobe.
Cancer lowers your immunity so whilst that may have been the cause of death then you just never know... I’m sorry but it’s not worth the risk for low potency morphine.

Ever since the opium wars we've known the power play is to control the good stuff. China was furious at Britain for turning their country into a generation of addicts who notoriously nod out and live at the opium dens. There's only so many poppies in the world for our wealthy celebs unlimited pain pill script and all the 'others.'

Can't really think of a better place I'd rather be but then again maybe there's more to life than getting high. Will return with my philosophical research after getting high. Anyway, oral morphine (if sealed) won't really go bad. Unless it's from the Great Depression :LOL: Sometimes people ask if their old oxycodone script is too old to have any effects. "Yes definitely. Send it to me."
That's pretty much the same reason why opium was made illegal in the US, starting with the western states. The government didn't like seeing the Chinese getting rich at the expense of a growing number of white opium den dwellers, so they made it about race like they do with everything else. They'd use scare tactics with racist ads that said stuff along the lines of "Chinese men are trying to seduce/pimp out white women by turning them into opium-addicted prostitutes". The same sentiment went for Mexicans who got wealthy from growing and importing weed into the country. Cocaine also became illegal when they found out it was popular with the black community and again, they used the same scare tactic of warning the public that black men will seduce their wives with coke and whatnot. So more or less, they were butthurt over non-whites being successful in the black market. Mindset of the US government: "if anyone's gonna get rich at the expense of turning people into addicts, it's gonna be none other than big pharma and yours truly. Hold my beer." Haha. I'm actually not very PC at all, but facts are facts.

Last edited: