• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does kratom have any relationship to amphetamines?

Feels like more of a relationship with caffeine and/or codeine. For what it's worth, the Kratom tree is part of the same family that coffee plants belongs to.

Sure it is stimulating but nothing like amphetamine in my opinion, it's just stimulating in the way most opioids are when taken in lower doses.

The Stimulation from kratom feels like a smoother caffeine, plus mood lift and pain relief from the opioid activity.

Amphetamines have a more driven stimulation, kratom is rather relaxed and breezy, less tooth clenching and absolute fixation on performing tasks.

Kills appetite somewhat although I always got intense sugar cravings on kratom whereas on adderall you can just ignore the desire to eat altogether.

For some reason numerous times I've felt Kratom had similarities with cocaine, like how I imagine coca tea would be. Not every time though. Kratom is a strange fickle creature. The more active physically I am it seems the more stimulant-like it is, something to do with it's effect on dopamine/norepinephrine I figure. Find myself thinking kratom is speedball lite after a good dose.

Kratom does very often make me clench my teeth, I started chewing gum recently for this reason. Good for the dry mouth too.

def a bit like codeine stimulation too.

alsooo, I'm pretty sure kratom depletes glucose like crazy. I think there's been a little research on that. Really curious what the studies currently being done on Kratom will say. I think I read somewhere some of the alkaloids have similarities to anti psychotics...

Completely depends on what kind of kratom you're talking about....the white and green vein varieties are quite speedy (especially white maeng da).
The red vein types are almost devoid of stimulation in my experience.

White Dragon is the only strain I've tried that was significantly stimulating, and I've tried just about all of them over the last decade+ of using kratom. Even the White Dragon becomes fairly sedating when used at doses of about 10g or more though.

For some reason numerous times I've felt Kratom had similarities with cocaine, like how I imagine coca tea would be. Not every time though. Kratom is a strange fickle creature. The more active physically I am it seems the more stimulant-like it is, something to do with it's effect on dopamine/norepinephrine I figure. Find myself thinking kratom is speedball lite after a good dose.

Kratom does very often make me clench my teeth, I started chewing gum recently for this reason. Good for the dry mouth too.

def a bit like codeine stimulation too.

alsooo, I'm pretty sure kratom depletes glucose like crazy. I think there's been a little research on that. Really curious what the studies currently being done on Kratom will say. I think I read somewhere some of the alkaloids have similarities to anti psychotics...

Back in 2003/2004, I started using kratom, back before hardly anyone had heard about it in America. I used to only be able to get crushed leaf, not powder. The only good way to consume it was by simmering it for 20 minutes, and then making a second infusion and simmering again, combining, and drinking that. It was a pain in the ass, but I swear the effects were different from just tossing down the powder that is all you can find nowadays. The tea would turn into the color of creamed coffee when it cooled, and it had a sort of thick-ish texture, it was SO much nastier than consuming the powder. At the time I had some experience with hydrocodone, codeine and once with oxy. Never really "got" opiates, I found them kinda meh. But the first time I had kratom, it was 10 grams, and it was crazy, I got a huge rush that felt so much like cocaine, and then that slowly turned into a heavy opiate high where I was nodding a bit. It was so euphoric, I couldn't stop talking or bouncing around at the beginning stage before it turned opiate-like. It was like that for me for the first 2 years, I loved it so much. Once it started being all that finely powdered stuff, it got worse (though also I was addicted so it could have been the fact that I lost the magic, but then, I don't hear anyone reporting effects like I used to have, and it wasn't just me, every friend I introduced to it felt the same way).

kratom alkaloids are pharmacologically closest to yohimbe rather than amphetamines

it was crazy, I got a huge rush that felt so much like cocaine, and then that slowly turned into a heavy opiate high where I was nodding a bit. It was so euphoric, I couldn't stop talking or bouncing around at the beginning stage before it turned opiate-like.

I definitely get that type of rush sometimes. I'll talk peoples ear off and move/walk very fast etc. It seems to be affected by what and how much I eat. It's like a slightly less raw energy than cocaine, like maybe coke on a low/medium dose of opiate. It usually only lasts about an hour then the usual more sedating opioid effects. I have a tendency toward hypomania so I'm unsure how much of it is that, but I believe I've heard of others experiencing similar things. People have reported adrenal issues with daily use too. Sometimes it can wreck my anxiety with overstimulation.

I'm finding myself liking kratom more than traditional opiates because of this effect nowadays, opiates often just make me too tired to do during the day. I definitely get some 'nootropic' effects from kratom, concentration, clarity, motivation, and just general inspiring hypomania. But if I take too much/too frequently it kinda gets out of hand and I start getting a bit paranoid/spacey, and see shadows/flashing lights out of the corner of my eyes.

Imo it has real stimulating qualities for the first half of the effects. Some stimulant addicts have success substituting with it.

I found drinking tea to be most stimulating I think. It's so unpredictable I'm not really sure what to think though. I get the most out of it when I take it a couple hours after a heavy meal. Maybe something to do with having more glucose? No idea. When I don't eat enough I barely get anything of it

kratom can be almost unbelievably euphoric sometimes