• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Does cocaine cause teeth grinding or is that a side effect of cuts?

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
Over the holidays I was with a group of friends who to my dismay decided to pick up some cocaine for New Years, I can't stand the stuff nor how it makes people act, not to mention it seems like its going to be inevitably full of other crap.

We were playing cards when they all decided they wanted to try a small bump, I watched all 4 of them take a pretty small line each at the coffee table, and by the time they came back to the dining table, they were all noticeably grinding their teeth. This seemed to just get worse as the night went on, and in the morning two of them complained of sore jaws.

I haven't done cocaine in good a while, but I didn't think this was an actual side effect of cocaine itself? Is this just indicative of some speedy cut? Not asking "what did they do", just curious if PURE cocaine (lol thats an oxymoron) causes gurning/bruxism/mouth bullshit.

Stims cause teeth grinding ("bruxism"). Doesn't matter if its coke, or amphetamine, or some exotic cathinone.

There seems to be this weird superstition that all the negative side-effects of drugs can be attributed to cuts. Having a bad trip on LSD? Obviously an NBOMe laced with strychnine! Rough comedown after a stim binge? Clearly unrelated to the fact that you just burned through your stores of monoamine neutrotransmitters - it must be the cuts that are at fault!
Basically, people either want to brag about how great their source of drugs is, or they are in denial about their drug use possibly becoming problematic.

Now, I am not saying that coke that is e.g. heavily cut with caffeine won't be more jittery and less euphoric than super-pure cocaine, but even the purest form of cocaine is going to lead to an increase in heart rate and blood pressure as well as an increased propensity toward bruxism, simply by virtue of being a stimulant drug.

Stims cause teeth grinding ("bruxism"). Doesn't matter if its coke, or amphetamine, or some exotic cathinone.

There seems to be this weird superstition that all the negative side-effects of drugs can be attributed to cuts. Having a bad trip on LSD? Obviously an NBOMe laced with strychnine! Rough comedown after a stim binge? Clearly unrelated to the fact that you just burned through your stores of monoamine neutrotransmitters - it must be the cuts that are at fault!
Basically, people either want to brag about how great their source of drugs is, or they are in denial about their drug use possibly becoming problematic.

Now, I am not saying that coke that is e.g. heavily cut with caffeine won't be more jittery and less euphoric than super-pure cocaine, but even the purest form of cocaine is going to lead to an increase in heart rate and blood pressure as well as an increased propensity toward bruxism, simply by virtue of being a stimulant drug.

yup. i used to complain that my friends were getting blow cut with laxitives (fairly common cutting agent) cuz right after blowing some lines id have to take a shit. then i started doing crystal instead annnd...i still shit almost every time unless im doing opiates along with. aint no laxative in there, its just stimulants.

yup. i used to complain that my friends were getting blow cut with laxitives (fairly common cutting agent) cuz right after blowing some lines id have to take a shit. then i started doing crystal instead annnd...i still shit almost every time unless im doing opiates along with. aint no laxative in there, its just stimulants.

Stimulants as part of their activity cause an increase in GI motility/peristaltic activity. This is usually why a person needs to defecate after first consuming a line or so.

Makes perfect sense.

I always felt wicked gassy when I did meth, and had the shits after cigs and coffee.

Well it is A very real possibility that it was A cut causing this as from my experience using Cocaine I have never experienced Or heard of anyone getting THAT SEVERE of bruxism Or what ever side-effects And any bruxism I got was not even noticeable to Me, It possibly could be due to the Fact that I use Magnesium Daily which I have heard Help Prevent/lessen Bruxism. But I can definitely confirm for you this is not A common Side-Effect for Cocaine but it also like everyone else has said an unavoidable Side-Effect of Stimulant use in general of any type.

From much personal experience and observation this is a common side effect of coke, even of that of excellent quality.

Done lots of very pure cocaine.. It's typically not as edgy as more cut product but do enough and yea you'll grind.

How you know you've done/got pure cocaine.. It will be fish scale even when powdered up, and if your in a humid environment will suck water up outta the air in no time getting clumpy. (My close people say the Peruvian pink flake in Miami in the 70's would do this in seconds.) You can eat and sleep no problem an hour or two after that last line. And the best/worst part, you'll wake up the next day feeling better than you could expect even on multi night benders..

There lies the problem with good cocaine, you don't feel like garbage after and that inkling to do just "one more" keeps you going back. "Cuz you function so well with it of course.."

The fish scale I've had access to is pure alright, pure fucking evil. Not bad once in a great while (once/twice yr) but if I don't watch it the stuff grabs me by the balls so quick.

In a nutshell, yes like most stimulants it can make you grind. That said, most cocaine on the street is garbage unless you deal with some scary fucks. Most street cocaine is edgy bs that gives the horrible substance an even worse reputation. I refuse to accept lines off people I don't know anymore cuz I'm always instantly regretting and wondering "what the hell was that?"

I talk all this shit but if someone was chopping up a line of it in front of me right now I'd take it..

-GC

Last edited:

Of you're totally right, bad effects are certainly not exclusive to cuts. I haven't done coke in years and didn't remember grinding teeth as a side effect and always associated that with crumby "molly".

Done lots of very pure cocaine.. It's typically not as edgy as more cut product but do enough and yea you'll grind.

How you know you've done/got pure cocaine.. It will be fish scale even when powdered up, and if your in a humid environment will suck water up outta the air in no time getting clumpy. (My close people say the Peruvian pink flake in Miami in the 70's would do this in seconds.) You can eat and sleep no problem an hour or two after that last line. And the best/worst part, you'll wake up the next day feeling better than you could expect even on multi night benders..

There lies the problem with good cocaine, you don't feel like garbage after and that inkling to do just "one more" keeps you going back. "Cuz you function so well with it of course.."

The fish scale I've had access to is pure alright, pure fucking evil. Not bad once in a great while (once/twice yr) but if I don't watch it the stuff grabs me by the balls so quick.

In a nutshell, yes like most stimulants it can make you grind. That said, most cocaine on the street is garbage unless you deal with some scary fucks. Most street cocaine is edgy bs that gives the horrible substance an even worse reputation. I refuse to accept lines off people I don't know anymore cuz I'm always instantly regretting and wondering "what the hell was that?"

I talk all this shit but if someone was chopping up a line of it in front of me right now I'd take it..

-GC

Last I did it was some dutch cocaine I acquired a few years ago, it had an almost sparkly yellowish off-white tint, really clumpy and fluffy, almost sticky, pretty annoying to bust up and make lines of. I never did very much of it, just one tiny, tiny little bump in the morning before class, it never left me with any comedown or craving so I never thought much of it. Looking back that was a pretty troubling thing to be doing, could have gotten myself a habit. But once the small bit I had ran out I never really looked back.

The stuff I commonly see people have is pure white rocks that crumble to complete powder as soon as any pressure is applied, which is so different from the dutch stuff that it sort of turns me off of trying it, and I've sort of sworn off doing any drugs that I can't 100% confirm are pure.

The funny thing is that anyone who thinks they're getting coke shits immediately after doing a line (or even smoking crack) because of "baby laxatives" has no idea how those laxatives work.

The laxatives used to cut coke and other drugs typically work via the osmotic effect: they help the stool in your gut retain water, making it softer. In some cases, they also lower your intestinal pH after being fermented by your gut microflora, further increasing the laxative effect.
Therefore, they cannot affect your bowel movements before reaching the gut through the digestive system, which takes much longer than it takes for the cocaine to be transported into your brain after snorting or smoking it.