• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Does anyone prefer synthetic cannabinoids to MJ?

the_void

Bluelighter
I didn’t know where to post this - in RC or cannabis section.

anyway I don’t know much about synthetic cannabinoids, I never tried any, and I’m unlikely to do so I wanted to get a little info and get educated - As i understand people often use synthetic cannabinoids to dodge positive drug tests for THC

but does anyone prefer any of these drugs to prime quality cannabis ? Why or why not ?
Thanks in advance

There was one I found to be quite euphoric. Not sure what it was (pre packaged spice circa 2011).

But no, none of them are better than cannabis mainly because they have so many side effects. They destroy your receptors. They can be dangerous. They have withdrawals and dependence. They can cause psychosis and are hard on your body.

I haven't touched them in 10 years and will never do them again.

There was one I found to be quite euphoric. Not sure what it was (pre packaged spice circa 2011).

But no, none of them are better than cannabis mainly because they have so many side effects. They destroy your receptors. They can be dangerous. They have withdrawals and dependence. They can cause psychosis and are hard on your body.

I haven't touched them in 10 years and will never do them again.
Wonderful thanks for input . I would appreciate as many responses as possible. I am shamefully ignorant as to this class of drugs .

I'll probably catch shit for this but the JWH class of compounds is greatly superior to weed. It's just that there was a ton of irresponsibility (People eyeballing raw powder) and cash grabs ('Spice' blends with hotspots) giving it a bad rep.

JWH has many different compounds, which all behave differently. IIRC JWH-018 was popular in most commercial blends when it was legal, but also one of the more likely to give full blown panic attacks and temporary psychosis.

I had a vape blend I did frequently of JWH-210, JWH-250, and JWH-081 in a 2:2:1 ratio that was excellent. Solid euphoria, very prosexual, some headspace effects but lessened.

Definitely more dangerous than weed (Always a seizure risk) and flippant usage causes psychosis arguably easier since the doses are so low. Approx <10 mg for most JWH compounds vs. around 200mg for weed to lose your shit without tolerance. But overall recreational effects were better with proper dosing and tailoring to what you actually enjoy.

I'll probably catch shit for this but the JWH class of compounds is greatly superior to weed. It's just that there was a ton of irresponsibility (People eyeballing raw powder) and cash grabs ('Spice' blends with hotspots) giving it a bad rep.

JWH has many different compounds, which all behave differently. IIRC JWH-018 was popular in most commercial blends when it was legal, but also one of the more likely to give full blown panic attacks and temporary psychosis.

I had a vape blend I did frequently of JWH-210, JWH-250, and JWH-081 in a 2:2:1 ratio that was excellent. Solid euphoria, very prosexual, some headspace effects but lessened.

Definitely more dangerous than weed (Always a seizure risk) and flippant usage causes psychosis arguably easier since the doses are so low. Approx <10 mg for most JWH compounds vs. around 200mg for weed to lose your shit without tolerance. But overall recreational effects were better with proper dosing and tailoring to what you actually enjoy.
Nah def thanks for the diversity in opinion dude. Cannabis has never been a drug of choice of mine and I’ve never done any synthetic cannabinoids so this is a topic of great interest to me .

Another question . Do any regular cannabis users find they have been smoking for so long that they don’t feel much anymore so make the switch to these synthetics ?

Also, if a person has been using synthetics for a while (for whatever motive ) do they find they can no longer return to cannabis due to tolerance / receptor downregulation?

pardon my ignorance I know the least about cannabis out of all the major drugs (and know almost nothing about synthetic cannabinoids )

Do any regular cannabis users find they have been smoking for so long that they don’t feel much anymore so make the switch to these synthetics ?
Eh not really. Even the heaviest smokers can just take a day off and get high again. Your receptors regenerate quickly with THC UNLIKE spice.

Also, if a person has been using synthetics for a while (for whatever motive ) do they find they can no longer return to cannabis due to tolerance / receptor downregulation?
Yeah they really kill the receptors. When I was on synthetics it took literally 5 weeks of sobriety before I could even get high on weed anymore. it SUCKED ASS... before 5 weeks if i smoked any amount of weed i literally didn't feel ANYTHING :(

J
Eh not really. Even the heaviest smokers can just take a day off and get high again. Your receptors regenerate quickly with THC UNLIKE spice.

Yeah they really kill the receptors. When I was on synthetics it took literally 5 weeks of sobriety before I could even get high on weed anymore. it SUCKED ASS... before 5 weeks if i smoked any amount of weed i literally didn't feel ANYTHING :(
Thanks for the education:)

Superior, Well... that's a subjective term. It is however (JWH-xxx class) a definitively more potent cannabanoid than THC Delta 9. I was a young adult when spice burst on to the retail scene, and as you mentioned I initially used it do the fact I was in probation. However even when off probation I found myself favoring 'spice' over the Marijuana of the day. My girl and I saved like a 100 bags we had went through of various designs and brands.. I 100% wish I could find that to share a photo with you, just so you could get an idea of the variety. My God, the variety

Superior, Well... that's a subjective term. It is however (JWH-xxx class) a definitively more potent cannabanoid than THC Delta 9. I was a young adult when spice burst on to the retail scene, and as you mentioned I initially used it do the fact I was in probation. However even when off probation I found myself favoring 'spice' over the Marijuana of the day. My girl and I saved like a 100 bags we had went through of various designs and brands.. I 100% wish I could find that to share a photo with you, just so you could get an idea of the variety. My God, the variety

I'm not gonna argue that some JWH-x synthetics were quite enjoyable.

The problem is with their side effects and what they do to your brain/body.

Can you even find JWH-X stuff now?

I felt like the synthetic cannabinoid drugs were a huge wave that died out years ago.

I'm glad they did. Man I had some HORRIBLE experiences on them. I've only been so high that I wanted to call the police on myself a few times... most of that was spice..... fuck that shit.... legit temporary psychosis........

When I was living on the streets, spice/synthetic thc was all over the place. It was mainly the only thing that we/as a homeless community would do. Every now and then we would find some weed, but mainly we would spend all of our money on spice.
Just something about it was addicting. Every time when I would smoke the shit I would go into a different realm. Sometimes I would pass out with my eyes open and see/hear things. It was some gnarly shit!
I enjoyed taking a couple bags of spice back to my tent in the woods, and would smoke and come too after having a different experience.

AM-2201 was very potent. I liked to put it in gel caps and swallow it. You don't need much. Actually I probably should've measured it out because I often wound up high for several hours (7 or 8 ) before I figured out I was in a trance state, haha. That's the only one I truly like out of what I've had.

The JWH-series were odd and didn't always work very well; like you'd get a decent high one time and the next time it didn't do anything. Just weird in general I guess, plus I wasn't keen on smoking any of them. AM-2201 was nice because it worked better orally but you could smoke it as well and it was still effective. JWH-122 was the only of the series that worked decently orally. But all of them besides AM-2201 felt one-dimensional to me even when I combined them

Edit: If I only had access to AM-2201, I'd be content. Marijuana is probably safer though

Last edited:
I agree with Snafu and can relate with D's. We would basically described it as weed-crack to the naive, for lack of better term. Similar high to marijauna but often MUCH stronger, and MUCH more quick of a comedown. This leads to compulsive dosing, and that's where alot of danger enters. I'm glad that shits gone too honestly (by gone, I mean not at every gas station, and mostly only online vendors( Don't ask me where per BL TaR please) but it hit my small town hard. We didn't get alot of access to illicits, so when this OTC stuff came around, it seemed like everyone and their mother smoked it.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna argue that some JWH-x synthetics were quite enjoyable.

The problem is with their side effects and what they do to your brain/body.

Can you even find JWH-X stuff now?

I felt like the synthetic cannabinoid drugs were a huge wave that died out years ago.

I'm glad they did. Man I had some HORRIBLE experiences on them. I've only been so high that I wanted to call the police on myself a few times... most of that was spice..... fuck that shit.... legit temporary psychosis........
Why did you want to call the police ? I've heard of methheads calling the police on the shadow people

I agree with Snafu and can relate with D's. We would basically described it as weed-crack to the naive, for lack of better term. Similar high to marijauna but often MUCH stronger, and MUCH more quick of a comedown. This leads to compulsive dosing, and that's where alot of danger enters. I'm glad that shits gone too honestly (by gone, I mean not at every gas station, and mostly only online vendors( Don't ask me where per BL TaR please) but it hit my small town hard. We didn't get alot of access to illicits, so when this OTC stuff came around, it seemed like everyone and their mother smoked it.
So would you say this stuff is appropriate only for very experienced long term cannabis users ?

Why did you want to call the police ? I've heard of methheads calling the police on the shadow people

I was having extreme heart palpitations, my heart rate was like 200, I was hallucinating, sweating and had extreme anxiety. I was delusional and very scared.

It hits you so fast, too. Unfortunately I can't tell you what drug that was... Store bought spice.

All from taking one too many hits.