• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does anyone know what type of dope this is? (Picture included)

ickray

Bluelighter
On the east coast of the USA there seems to be nothing but white fentadope. Today I picked up a bundle that had a gunpowder grayish color to it. I've never seen this before, at least where I'm from. The rush is strong but creeps up slow and it seemingly leaves me feeling more uppity so to speak. It looks blackish when mixed with water in the spoon, and leaves the cotton totally black colored, but in the rig is more clear/tan in color. It also feels very different from the usual fentadope I've been using.

Is it possible I actually came across real heroin instead of fentadope? I know its hard to tell by a picture but I'm wondering if it might be #3 heroin or if it is just the cut that could give it that dark color.

20200710.jpg

Last edited:
It could be heroin but no way for us to say for sure. It's probably not #3, since #3 is the freebase version of heroin and thus is not soluble in water without adding some type of acid to convert it, atleast by your description it sounds like it dissolved into the water. I don't believe #3 is very common in the US either?

Unfortunately it is impossible for anyone to say for sure, you'd have to send it off for lab analysis to know. It could very well be heroin or could be some kind of fentanyl analogue or combination. There are many fentanyl analogues and even a few non fentanyl opioid RCs available these days. The effects, appearancs, half lifes, dosages vary considerably between them.

and like you suggested, whatever cuts in are very likely affecting the color/appearance. Far too many variables to say anything for sure.

you could acquire some fentanyl test strips but even this is not going to tell you much definitively. There are lots of false positives possible with these strips and they aren't going to tell you which kind of fentanyl analogue you're dealing with if the test is positive. Plus you could have heroin with a tiny amount of a fentanyl analogue mixed in - the test would likely show positive in this case but you still wouldn't know which fentanyl analogue, how much is present, whether or not heroin is also present and how much is present.

I know this is a frustrating answer but it's really the only one we can give: only way to know for sure would be to have it analyzed by a lab. Sorry 😐

It could be heroin but no way for us to say for sure. It's probably not #3, since #3 is the freebase version of heroin and thus is not soluble in water without adding some type of acid to convert it, atleast by your description it sounds like it dissolved into the water. I don't believe #3 is very common in the US either?

Unfortunately it is impossible for anyone to say for sure, you'd have to send it off for lab analysis to know. It could very well be heroin or could be some kind of fentanyl analogue or combination. There are many fentanyl analogues and even a few non fentanyl opioid RCs available these days. The effects, appearancs, half lifes, dosages vary considerably between them.

and like you suggested, whatever cuts in are very likely affecting the color/appearance. Far too many variables to say anything for sure.

you could acquire some fentanyl test strips but even this is not going to tell you much definitively. There are lots of false positives possible with these strips and they aren't going to tell you which kind of fentanyl analogue you're dealing with if the test is positive. Plus you could have heroin with a tiny amount of a fentanyl analogue mixed in - the test would likely show positive in this case but you still wouldn't know which fentanyl analogue, how much is present, whether or not heroin is also present and how much is present.

I know this is a frustrating answer but it's really the only one we can give: only way to know for sure would be to have it analyzed by a lab. Sorry 😐

Thanks for the reply! I know it's essentially impossible to tell just from a photo, but I was just curious to hear what others think. It does indeed disovle in water no issues, so it seems #3 is out of the question.
I was just excited on the prospect that I might of found "real" heroin, as I'm not a big fan of fent.

It could very well contain heroin. The color is not unusual both the color/appearance of the powder and the tan colored water in the rig. But somebody could have intentionally cut it with something to make it look that way.

We aren't suppose to speculate when these types of questions come up but I guess I could play devils advocate here a bit by asking: how does it smell, any hint of a vinegar like smell? That could be an indication that it possibly contains heroin, not a 100% definitive test by any means of course.

Vinegar smell, to tell for sure, the rush feels more tingly and warm than fent. Fucks the head up in a way more subtle mellow way. I found fent to be more “rushed” Of a rush than real H

It could very well contain heroin. The color is not unusual both the color/appearance of the powder and the tan colored water in the rig. But somebody could have intentionally cut it with something to make it look that way.

We aren't suppose to speculate when these types of questions come up but I guess I could play devils advocate here a bit by asking: how does it smell, any hint of a vinegar like smell? That could be an indication that it possibly contains heroin, not a 100% definitive test by any means of course.

I made a post not long ago about missing the old dope that smelled like vinegar. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have a smell to it. But I remember the days of the pungent vinegar smelling heroin! Boy do I miss it over this fent shit!