• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids does anyone else think opiates have other health benefits besides just pain relief

Well if you think getting shitfaced on heroin until your dead or in prison then everyone to their own
He didn't bloody say anything about 'shit faced'. He said he takes enough so he feels he can function. In fact he very specifically said 'getting fucked up is not exactly what I' m after these days '.
... Did you READ his post before replying?

Last edited:
He didn't bloody say anything about 'shit faced'. He said he takes enough so he feels he can function. In fact he very specifically said 'getting fucked up is not exactly what I' m after these days '.
Thank you. :)

It seems we have people coming at us who want to discredit our years of research & experience with the usual "you're spreading lies, drugs are bad" rhetoric.
I've noticed this happening on every website that I speak out against the misinformation & value of opiates/opioids. Who would have thought it would happen here, on bluelight of all places!

Either these people truly are ignorant, had bad experiences and are just projecting their ignorance onto everybody else or they're getting paid to do it.
There is a concerted effort to knock down any discussion of using opioids (apparently for pain now even, according to NapalonyMurzyn).
It doesn't feel organic, although I do rarely get the occasional person who steps in & backs me up. Although a lot of people still buy the "you'll die if you use heroin" line too.

I've used opioids including heroin, tramadol, morphine, buprenorphine, methadone, hydrocodone, propoxyphene, etc.. since I was 19. I'm now in my mid 30's and never once overdosed. But I was probably more responsible enough than most & knew better not to mix them with 20 other CNS depressants, especially alcohol, unless my tolerance allowed it. Only time I ever felt like I might OD was when I was given fentanyl unknowingly but even then I knew better by tell tale signs that it wasn't "normal" heroin (white powder, no vinegar smell, etc..) and knew to start off extremely small with it. Thankfully I knew it was fent right away when a tiny bit threw me into the heaviest nod I've ever had. I did not enjoy fentanyl honestly. None of the same good characteristics of heroin & overly potent.

If these things weren't stigmatized, users or people who might want to use could be taught these things openly to avoid accidents and death. But I digress.

I noticed recently that G00gle recently removed a lot of old government-funded studies showing the effectiveness of morphine and various opioids on depression & neurotic & psychotic states. So this information is being buried more, when I use to be able to go grab all kinds of research and scientific papers showing the effectiveness, but now you have to dig harder and it's scarce. But all this information you & I have presented is still out there if you look, which it seems like these other people refuse to or haven't.

Makes you wonder why they don't want anyone to know. Although I have many guesses.

I've felt that way while on Amitryptilene. Yes it pushed the bad feelings down but also all the good ones. I felt like nothing, and eventually this state of numbness became so unbearable I stopped taking them. If you get to the point where you decide suicidal depression is preferable to taking your medication, then the medication isn't working!
Opiates are more selective that way. I can still feel friendship and pleasure etc on a moderate dose, just the pain recedes.

This is why Chinese workers in America routinely smoked opium. It does have an energizing 'bracing' effect if you don't take too much.
Reminds me of workers in Thailand, I believe? Who use kratom for that extra kick at work. Although kratom's never been satisfactory for me, for those with the tolerance that permits it, I could see how this would help.

Your amitryptilene experience echoes my experiences with many SSRI's, SNRI's and mood stabilizers. I'd rather still be able to feel joy & pleasure than be a robot on another substance that also causes dependence.

And yeah, all information you've given is absolutely the truth. It should be common knowledge at this point. I guess if we didn't stigmatize drugs, we could actually teach people the differences instead of having programs like DARE tell you that "drugs are bad!"... Ignorance has lead to a lot of casualties.

I for one still use opioids for my mental & physical health & am definitely not ashamed of it. Of course the one I get to legally use is a partial agonist, which I think are less effective since once the ceiling is reached, it's over. And takes forever to taper down from and get back to an effective dose. I prefer a shorter (like 8-12hr half life) type of opioid personally. These people in denial on here will never make me feel any less because of the way I medicate, no matter how ignorant they act, or how snobby & insulting they might be. Maybe they should go check out how it's worked out in countries where heroin & other drugs are already legalized and regulated!! But that might be too much work for them haha

UltimateFixx, you are a very intelligent person! And I appreciate you spreading the reality of opiates & the truth. It's just one tool we have if we ever want to open people's eye's and minds enough to push past this drug war bullshit.

When it's a crime to feel a certain way physically or mentally, with a plant or a pill, as long as you're not hurting others, then that means you do not have control over your own body or mind. And people should fight this!

Cheers!

Last edited:
@The UltimateFixx sorry if i have been offensive, i sometimes tend to be like this. I just think that use of opioids in medicine shoild be limited to absolute minimum.

Crack cocaine and cocaine is a bad comparision, since first one is just cocaine hydrochloride, where heroin has much more to it than one compund, fact that it has affonity to the same receptors does not mean it works the same, and i'm pretty sure you have felt it more than once yourself.

heroin has much more to it than one compund, fact that it has affonity to the same receptors does not mean it works the same, and i'm pretty sure you have felt it more than once yourself.
Heroin is essentially a chemically 'tweaked', semi - synthetic version of morphine.
It hits me faster and stronger if it's halfway decent, but that's about it.
Oh and my face doesn't itch as much as it does with pure M

PS if you currently feel stuck with your drug habit, you have my full sympathy.
I know just what a confounding and distressing state that can be. I also know it can be got out of.
I got out of it and I was a wreck by anyone's standards. Best of.

Last edited:
I've heard that India is more liberal with their opiates/opioids over there, as it's part of their culture and they do not treat them like "controlled substances" the same way the West does.

Anyone know any validity on this? It seems like tramadol is a big one in India.
And the generic buprenorphine I take comes from a pharmaceutical lab in India.

And yeah heroin is essentially fast acting morphine with a few extra metabolites that give it a kick. It may need to be "cooked", but in my book it's still a hell of a lot closer to natural and clean than a lot of other compounds we willing or unwillingly ingest. It's a clean feeling buzz (until you get to very noddy levels), preferable to alcohol IMO.

No he didn't but that's what it will lead to I used to believe the same as him that "if I just control my use I can use heroin inconsequently" well it won't I've been there enough times to know it ends one way I won't say anymore though because it's falling on deaf ears

No he didn't but that's what it will lead to I used to believe the same as him that "if I just control my use I can use heroin inconsequently" well it won't I've been there enough times to know it ends one way I won't say anymore though because it's falling on deaf ears
Wise man, at least one.

I've heard that India is more liberal with their opiates/opioids over there, as it's part of their culture and they do not treat them like "controlled substances" the same way the West does.

Anyone know any validity on this? It seems like tramadol is a big one in India.
And the generic buprenorphine I take comes from a pharmaceutical lab in India.

And yeah heroin is essentially fast acting morphine with a few extra metabolites that give it a kick. It may need to be "cooked", but in my book it's still a hell of a lot closer to natural and clean than a lot of other compounds we willing or unwillingly ingest. It's a clean feeling buzz (until you get to very noddy levels), preferable to alcohol IMO.
They used to be you could get raw opium and poppy pods in Rajasthan and other states. Addicts who were registered would go to government shops to get their weekly quota. Think it's changed with this right-wing government. I personally went to Rajasthan and at the roadside dhabas you would get it openly. India is the world's largest generic drug producer pharmaceutical pill abuse is huge. In my village, i could walk into a pharmacy and get whatever I wanted dirt cheap .

Dude, do you think I'm a young child?
I've been using drugs for over 20 years & counting.

I've also spent a vast amount of time researching these drugs and paying attention to my own body. Yeah heroin got me sooooo "shitfaced" that I was able to keep up with doing 50 different things at my job & was able to clean my entire house & actually enjoy it.

It's not falling on deaf ears, I've heard what BS you're spreading & it's false generalizations and regurgitated mainstream stigmatized talking points.
You know zero about me as a person, how long I've used, how I use or how using affects me. And it appears you know zero about opiates, other than whatever shitty experience you had.

Cannabis use to give me anxiety and panic attacks as a teenager and young adult. But I don't go around saying everyone's gonna have the same experience as me, therefore it should stay illegal. Do you actually have any counter arguments or are you just here to push a narrative or have a motive? Cause really, you're the one who's been deaf this entire conversation.

Wise man, at least one.

Anyone who comes in here and generalizes everyone's experience like their own and then spouts anti-drug rhetoric & offers no counter arguments & only insults, is no wise man at all. And neither are you really, if you find his behavior "wise". haha

Last edited:

I've also spent a vast amount of time researching these drugs and paying attention to my own body. Yeah heroin got me sooooo "shitfaced" that I was able to keep up with doing 50 different things at my job & was able to clean my entire house & actually enjoy it.

It's not falling on deaf ears, I've heard what BS you're spreading & it's false generalizations and regurgitated mainstream stigmatized talking points.
You know zero about me as a person, how long I've used, how I use or how using affects me. And it appears you know zero about opiates, other than whatever shitty experience you had.

Cannabis use to give me anxiety and panic attacks as a teenager and young adult. But I don't go around saying everyone's gonna have the same experience as me, therefore it should stay illegal. Do you actually have any counter arguments or are you just here to push a narrative or have a motive? Cause really, you're the one who's been deaf this entire conversation.

Anyone who comes in here and generalizes everyone's experience like their own and then spouts anti-drug rhetoric & offers no counter arguments & only insults, is no wise man at all. And neither are you really, if you find his behavior "wise". haha
Ok buddy your getting angry because you do not want to accept the truth why don't you start injecting heroin for 10 years straight and come back and tell us all the amazing benefits I am allowed my own opinion just like you are it's not anti drug it's facts theirs a reason 90 percent of people think heroin junkies are scum of the earth

I'm not gonna waste my time explaining to someone who obviously doesn't want to here the truth I hope one day you wake up and try to get off the shit mate I'm sorry you feel that way to me

Listen maybe. Being harsh I'm sorry if I am I'm biting everyone's head off irl and here, I don't feel like I am but I notice things I'm sorry what's your name

make no mistake I stand by my beliefs and let's be honest my experience with the drug is hardly abnormal

Im not anti drug, im not gonna tell others that heroin is good, it is not, it heats up your brain and makes it into a slury. You are just blind, hard drugs made you belive that they are good

@Ganjcat everythin you have said is truth, drugs made him blind.
I suppose we don't know him though maybe he has chronic pain or something but he thinks I was singling him out I clearly said in my post that it was about the drug itself not a personal attack on him and if he's reading this I just picked up half an egg of heroin so I'm far from perfect and have a long way to go this is the first bit of heroin I've had in 7 days mind and the last time I brought it it was the first time I'd had it in 2 weeks.

But guess what I was stupid and slipped up but realised mistake but the truth is once we all get a taste of a drug(which can happen in 1 hit) and once you get that taste you don't ever completely forget and once you get a taste of a big fat hit of good ass heroin vapour you better believe you get a taste for that I have that taste.

But I also have a very strong will don't ask me how but the past 3 months it's been like that above no heroin for weeks and weeks and if I use it's only once then straight back I have got this heroin though today because I need a break and I know one day or even two won't be a problem after all the abstinence I guess you could think about it as a reward anyway that's been my day today don't know how I got from you to this lol but their it is.

Listen napoly what is your drugs of choice, I take it from your words you have had experience with addiction etc? It's nice and refreshing to see someone who can understand what I'm saying I just wish everyone else saw it that way and didn't take it so personal they should be happy for me for all the progress I've made, so far and more importantly be inspired to try to cut back a lot or all the way and see the devil behind the devil's disguise well met anyway mate