• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does anyone else see faces on almost everything during stimulant sleep deprivation?

Zi3m

Bluelighter
I hope I'm posting this in the right place, if not im sorry for making your life harder mods :( Searching the forums gave no results.

I'll start by saying the substance in particular is Methamphetamine that I experience this on, I have never stayed up longer than a night on other stimulants.

Anyways I've been scouring all over the internet trying to find at least one other person to confirm this so I dont think im the only one. I know certain hallucinations do occur after so many days without sleep(EX: 1-2 days slight visual distortions(for me these kick in early like 24hrs(ignore this one just wanted to put parenthesis within parenthesis within parenthesis(those tangents tho))) , 3-6 days possibility of shadow people and audio hallucinations, 7+ days(maybe sooner?) full blown psychosis that prob. make mild schizophrenia look like a walk in the park. Includes seeing people/bugs/animals actually walking around,etc) but i've never seen anyone report experiencing what I do.

Usually starts after 48 hours without sleep and progressively gets worse. I start to make out faces in patterns on walls, objects, etc. I was able to find the name of the condition: Pareidolia but thats all i could find, and its sort of in different context. Anyways somewhere between 48-72 hours without sleep it kicks up a notch. At this point i start seeing them literally almost everywhere and the faces or people will start to move if i stare at them long enough(EX: opening their mouth to speak to me but no sound, give an evil smile, or just twitch kinda like the visual disturbances in peripherals between day 1-2)

And I mean everywhere lol, I was on day 4 last night I ate chicken alfredo and the sauce stuck on the side of the bowl were little people and faces, very defined as well. Thats just the most ridiculous example. So... Does anyone else experience this?

Yep. I do. After 12 hours of the way I dose (inadvisably large doses) I see cops in the trees and all of the typical tweaker flashes of light, and shadows where there shouldnt be one. Thankfully, I am an LSD veterean, and can maintain the knowlege that all of that shit isn't real. That still doesn't prevent me from being terrified while tiptoeing as silently as possible into the kitchen for a beer <--- at 3 in the afternoon when there is no real reason to be so quiet.

I understand what you are saying, Zi3m. You aren't the only one.

When I went thru the full blown psychosis ya I had those everywhere this is what I saw. everywhere

420677_296917303708396_1953233464_n.jpg

When I went thru the full blown psychosis ya I had those everywhere this is what I saw. everywhere

420677_296917303708396_1953233464_n.jpg

Exactly! lol shit you'd see on dbz. Very demonic looking entities, but then some friendly looking like an old man. Then sometimes the friendly ones would trick me and turn into another evil demon lol. Thanks guys for your replies, my mind can now be at rest =p.
Yep. I do. After 12 hours of the way I dose (inadvisably large doses) I see cops in the trees and all of the typical tweaker flashes of light, and shadows where there shouldnt be one.
Damn after only 12 hours? And I thought I was way overdosing by starting to see visual distortions after 24hrs. but shit thats gotta be intense.

frankly on high doses of alpha pvp/mdpv i saw faces on everything regardless of sleep deprivation, i know their a different class of drugs but quite similar in a way in terms of their action

get some rest and they should disappear quite quickly frankly, if you're determined to keep using then remember to hydrate, eat and sleep.... and just remember that the faces aren't real, the cops etc sometimes they may be but thats only if you've done something to break the law (i know smoking/injesting meth is breaking the law) but realistically they won't bother you if you aren't making a public disturbance or you've been spotted etc

I personally havent experienced seeing faces while on high doses of stimulants (amphetamine salts) for multiple days without sleep.

The only thing similar to that was when i was up for about 3-5 days and started to see what appeared to be people in parked cars in my old alartments parking lot.

I have however seen the visual distortions like something catching my eye in the corner if my field of vision, the auditory hallucinations, tinkering with bizzare behaviors and compulsions, paranoia to the extreme, thinking bizzare things like the police are out to get me, you kniw, the usual.

I see dead people, family members. No, just kidding sorry.

On the stims with little sleep after a few days to a weeks run I will get bad paranoia and the odd delusions.

The only time I've gone through open eye delusions where I was witnessing an old psychologist pop outta my television. Not ending there friends and weird scenarios including being at a baseball game in america with people I've only ever met once or twice in my life. Ending in a triumphant scout to score smack at the game buy, not before getting one of Fenways world reknown hotdogs. These, and many many more was the cessation after cold turkey daily valium use for nearing 7 years.

I could go on but I try forget that fucking hellacious suicidal part of my life. Just the typical sorta shit you would expect.

I've stayed up a 2-3 days on Adderall and cocaine before (separately, of course) and never had hallucinations.

I have however seen the visual distortions like something catching my eye in the corner if my field of vision, the auditory hallucinations, tinkering with bizzare behaviors and compulsions, paranoia to the extreme, thinking bizzare things like the police are out to get me, you kniw, the usual.

It wasn't out of sleep deprivation, but, I was a little like that the first time me and my fiance smoked crack earlier this year. We bought $80 worth and just passed the stem back & forth until we ran out. I mind you it was a rainy night where we just left a bar and weren't living together at the time so we had to chill in his whip. I swore everybody driving by (we were in a parking lot near his house away from the street) was about to bust us or confront us. I was also having almost like these breakthroughs about my life and things in daily existence.

Yep. I do. After 12 hours of the way I dose (inadvisably large doses) I see cops in the trees and all of the typical tweaker flashes of light, and shadows where there shouldnt be one. Thankfully, I am an LSD veterean, and can maintain the knowlege that all of that shit isn't real. That still doesn't prevent me from being terrified while tiptoeing as silently as possible into the kitchen for a beer <--- at 3 in the afternoon when there is no real reason to be so quiet.

I understand what you are saying, Zi3m. You aren't the only one.

Sorry but I'm calling bullshit. Large doses, or whatever u call a large dose of Crystal is not going to cause the hallucinations you described after 12 hours or even 24 hours because the meth induced visuals aren't from methamphetamine, they are from sleep deprivation. I've done 10-12 day binges and all I really saw we're tracers, shadow people, and a lot of auditory hallucinations. But no DEA agents outside my house haha sounds like u watch a little too much TV or you're smoking some bunk crank.

well now im beginning to question if im just being trolled by the responses confirming these experiences :( seeing shit like that after 12 hours is almost too extreme to be true, but I can vouch that the more shit I do in a 24 hour period the more intense the beginning sleep deprivation visuals will be. So I personally think it does have an effect, if very little. Ive seen many conflicting opinions on the topic.

On topic, can anyone else confirm these exact experiences? Sonicwhite's description and pic was closest to what I describe, but cant tell if there is sarcasm in him posting vegeta lol, not accusing you this is just a serious question and I worry if it could lead to anything serious(obviously it's unhealthy to binge this way, I only do it about 2-3 times a year).

frankly on high doses of alpha pvp/mdpv i saw faces on everything regardless of sleep deprivation, i know their a different class of drugs but quite similar in a way in terms of their action

get some rest and they should disappear quite quickly frankly, if you're determined to keep using then remember to hydrate, eat and sleep.... and just remember that the faces aren't real, the cops etc sometimes they may be but thats only if you've done something to break the law (i know smoking/injesting meth is breaking the law) but realistically they won't bother you if you aren't making a public disturbance or you've been spotted etc

Forgot about your post I think I was on xanax when I read it lol, thanks for the helpful reply and yes after good sleep they are always gone, except the ones I ended up tracing in high detail with pencil on my wall when the same thing happened last year(sleep deprivation=cheat codes for artists).

Usually always try to stay hydrated, eat when I can, but alot of times I'll forget when 8 hours goes by in 20 minutes.. I've also so far been able to realize none of the hallucinations are real(but man can it be difficult, especially this last experience when i saw a huge cockroach-type bug in my bowl of food squirming around, quickly turned to look and it was gone. Didn't finish that meal.... lol.

Stimulant and sleep deprivation and the experiences during them are such a fascinating subject to me. Why do so many people from all over the earth and from all walks of life see the same hat man and hooded figure?

Who are the shadow people?

Sorry but I'm calling bullshit. Large doses, or whatever u call a large dose of Crystal is not going to cause the hallucinations you described after 12 hours or even 24 hours because the meth induced visuals aren't from methamphetamine, they are from sleep deprivation. I've done 10-12 day binges and all I really saw we're tracers, shadow people, and a lot of auditory hallucinations. But no DEA agents outside my house haha sounds like u watch a little too much TV or you're smoking some bunk crank.

I know of people and have experienced initiate strong hallucinations like these off one strong dose of stimulants and immediately upon dosing. It often happens in increasing strength and with decreasing doses to long time heavy users. Its thought to be do to a very strong reverse tolerance, or an acquired hypersensitivity to a stimulant or stimulants. It is progressive and some people reach the point where they can't even do a very small amount, like as small as one bullet load of coke, without having this happen.

Last edited:
Faces? Sometimes but usually I see stuff "rising" from the ground and what they look like depends on what's on the ground. The stuff usually wiggles so if it's a face it's rather grotesque and not anyone I would recognize. To give an example of the physics grains of rice on a table will rise and look like maggots. Of course in a horror flick they would make a big deal of this but me, I don't care. To my knowledge maggots are only interested in the deceased so why would they attack me. Besides I know full well it's an illusion just like the faces.

I always see faces. To the point I can focus on them long enough to draw them on paper with great details. A lot of the time I would almost see cartoon like faces.

Call it what you want. I know what my experiences are.