• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does anyone else find that snorting ritalin makes them super naseous?

neurotic-apathy

Greenlighter
I guess first of all I have ADD and a high tolerance for drugs/alcohol in general, So I need to snort at least 60mg of ritalin to get a little high. I'm usually fine with just snorting 30/40 when I'm drinking. My problem is if I snort more than 40mg of ritalin by itself I get super naseous. I snorted 60mg tonight and puked (I didn't drink at all). I'm just wondering if this is relatively normal. I guess I could probably wait a few minutes between each line, and that might help?

btw, I don't get naseous if I snort coke, and its a little bit better high for me. But for me ritalin is way cheaper and I no longer have a hook up for coke, so ritalin it is.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any opinions? Thanks :)

Methylphenidate is a shitty, shitty, stimulant to begin with, slightly more effective than Straterra, but it's basically cracked out caffeine, and has no similarity to cocaine, it's complete bullshit how people say it feels like cocaine through certain dosages and ROAs.

What I might recommend to you in terms of harm reduction, try taking your dose sublingually. Alcohol should not be mixed with it, due to it forming amounts of ethylphenidate, which is similar to how when drinking on cocaine, cocaethylene is produced and is highly toxic.

Methylphenidate is a shitty, shitty, stimulant to begin with, slightly more effective than Straterra, but it's basically cracked out caffeine, and has no similarity to cocaine, it's complete bullshit how people say it feels like cocaine through certain dosages and ROAs.

What I might recommend to you in terms of harm reduction, try taking your dose sublingually. Alcohol should not be mixed with it, due to it forming amounts of ethylphenidate, which is similar to how when drinking on cocaine, cocaethylene is produced and is highly toxic.

Yeah, I'll admit its kinda a cheap high. I realize that it's probably not worth snorting a whole bunch of it to get a decent high. And I do agree, people say ritalin/adderall is almost the same as coke. it's not. Imo it's people who have limited experience with either of them, and mix them with other drugs who say that. idk i guesssnorting ritalin/adderall can feel like cocaine in terms of the experience, i.e. ROA or socially. My excuse is that I'm broke and my good connections dried up for various reasons.

Anyways, thanks for the advice. I rarely mix alcohol with either, and never in large amounts. But I'll def keep what you said in mind. I'll just stick to low doses and accept my high tolerance. :)

I was just wondering if anyone experienced nausea with snorting ritalin.

Under your tongue is a better idea. It seem like the volume of binders you are snorting is setting off your gag reflex when it drips down your throat.

Have you tried the same dose orally and does it make you nauseous as well? If stimulants start making you nauseous regardless of ROA it can be a sign that your body can't handle the rise in blood pressure and you can be damaging organs like your liver.

maybe it makes you nauseas because you are fucking disgusted by it, but you continue to fool yourself.

my 2cents,
RIT SUCKS. IMO.
You couldn't pick a dumber thing to put up your nose, maybe bathsalts; but even the 'bathsalt psychosis' is markedly similar to that of ritalin induced psychosis.

it isn't worth it. snorting this crap isn't good news, it's not even fun.

Your inattentive/hyperactive symptoms might not be as noticeable and troubling and in need of treatment, had you not snorted this crap.

stop while your ahead, if you even want to call it being ahead.

Rit sucks, not that it isn't effective for some types of treatment, it is not even worth abusing, give your head a shake.

Swallow your medication if you really feel it's even necessary.

ps, ritalin imo in no way is even similar to cocaine, as I already said, you might be more correct to equate ritalin with bathsalths, and therefore not even worth the trouble. There are other alternatives to snorting shit to make up for your absence of cocaine, it took me a while to realize this too brother, so don't deny me just yet, all I'm saying is maybe i've been there done that and for very similar reason, but fortunately i realized that i was mistaken to ever think that ritalin could even produce similar effects to that of cocaine, ime ritalin is more like shitty 'bunk' e pills, the ones that people would say contained bzp or something like that. I hope you can realize this. I hope it doesnt take you too long. don't be stuborn, do yourself a favor bro.

Last edited:
I found snorted ritalin made me feel more cracked out than orally. Orally required a higher dosage though. And tolerance seemed to build up quick to any euphoric effects it had.

Really I prefer oral ^ pyro. Ye higher dose required... But phuck phets! Opi's all da way mang. Anyway tho Ye euphoria dies quick after a few uses and anxiety on comedown only gets worse. My experience is mostly with dex tho.

I think it may be fair to conclude that snorting ritalin is not justified. It's foolish.

Under your tongue is a better idea. It seem like the volume of binders you are snorting is setting off your gag reflex when it drips down your throat.

Have you tried the same dose orally and does it make you nauseous as well? If stimulants start making you nauseous regardless of ROA it can be a sign that your body can't handle the rise in blood pressure and you can be damaging organs like your liver.

Definitely the case for me. My brother gets Focalin 20s (Dexmethylphenidate - Jus like ritalin, but bout 2x stronger) and It gives a pretty decent speedy-high when you sniff 10-15mg (at a time.) But after a while the taste became nasty to me and that drip made me wanna puke. IMO crushed up beads sublingually or parachuted will make it last longer with higher doses. I like it better that way, personally. but an almost instant buzz (like 5m) of a little less will get you a rush when you crush and shiff, but only for bout an hour.
its up to you. personally i think its as good as adderal without the hangover....

also If youre getting nauseous I suggest eating a small meal beforehand. Something easy on the stomach. Of course you can get something like nauzene or pepto-bismal at the store. I use promethazine I take with my opi's, and I find that helps. Its not hard to get a script of that. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry for posting in such an old thread but I just wanted to point out quickly that Methylphenidate (Ritalin) is a fairly potent stimulant and IS related to cocaine in effects (it is a dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine reuptake inhibitor just like cocaine just less potently than cocaine).

Just wanted to clarify that in response to tricomb's fairly inaccurate post claiming that Ritalin is a weak stimulant hardly better than stratera (which is not a stimulant by the way) and has no connection to cocaine in effects.

ethlyphenidate is not highly toxic in any way, shape or form.
also i find MPH to actually be quite enjoyable. calling it cracked out caffeine is just massively fucking retarded.

Last edited:
Aright, so i have snorted alot of ritilan in my lifetime dumb as it sounds
i do have add so taking it orally doesnt get me high
the first day i ever took (orally) it was insane i was having euphoria and felt so fast
the next day was not as good so the third day i took two and had a better effect this continued take more become tolerant to more become tolerant so on and so forth
so i decided to snort it
i felt fast focused jittry in a great mood all i wanted to do was listen to music or talk alot and talk fast
the comedown sucked the more i have done it the more i take recently i snorted like 10 extended relise pills in only a few houurs
then it got bad
i was irritated agitated uncomfertable my hands felt weird i was on the verge of throwing up i couldnt sleep or eat this went on for hours
and thats all i have to say taking it in low doses snorted or higher doses swallowed will get you high but tolerance builds quick the experiances were different in my opionion and i dont think that one is better than the other but the comdown from snorting sucks

I had an addiction to MPH a few years back, at 250mg a day. The ROA for me was almost always nasal, it gave short, sweet euphoria and concentration for an hour or so. Oral I always found to be, to quote a poster above, like "cracked out caffeine" with the worst crash of any stimulant I've ever touched.

Note that I'm diagnosed with ADHD and you ADD, so it seem's logical to me that it may work differently on you then me.

- About 5 years ago I got prescribed Ritalin after being diagnosed ADHD.
- 1 year after, I started snorting Ritalin and I have done that daily using 70-80mg a day, for about 4 years.

To make it short, Ritalin does this to me:
- Knowledge is fun and I just feel I want to learn something new every day, that is also what I do each day when reading about:
- Science and Technology
- Brain and Cognitive Science
- Web-Design
- 3D-Design
- etc... :)
- Improves my concentration A LOT (Which lasts around 5 seconds when not taking it -_-*).
- Improves my short and long-term memory (Still suck when it comes to remembering number though).
- Takes care of my anxiety and makes me less restless.
- Instead of feeling that I have to be around people and on the run 24/7, I now instead get the feeling of well-being (All is just okay and I can just relax). ^^,

What other people tell me:
- Friends of mine: "Being around you before was horribly tiresome, now you're just chill hanging out with."
- The State Office: "You are the best trainee we have ever had, its cozy to have you here and we are lucky to have you working for us."

Without it, I would be unemployed now and not have the expertise as an "Information Communication Technology Consult"
So I don't have any negative comments here on my behalf. The 5 most successful years of my life, that my feedback! :-D

I finished Dentistry with the help of ritalin, 40mg LA and i have to say its my DOC, IV is awesome but NOT recomended. BEST is oral but requires more. The only drug that gives me a bigger flash after IV is MDMA but that was too intense and i dont fancy E anyway. I stay away from opiates, i overdosed once on subutex and that whole downer buzz is not for me (although i have been on 4mg clonazepam daily for the last five years, fml).