• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Does anyone else feel like opiates are dreamy?

pill princess

Bluelighter
it’s got this dreamy or dream like quality that no other drug has. That’s the only way I can describe it. Does anyone else know what I’m talking about?

Wouldn’t say no other drugs produce it (not with that amount of cosines and warmth, that I’ll give you). That feeling is reason I probably like opium the most as it has it most produced, beats pure morphine in that aspect.

Wouldn’t say no other drugs produce it (not with that amount of cosines and warmth, that I’ll give you). That feeling is reason I probably like opium the most as it has it most produced, beats pure morphine in that aspect.
What exactly is opium? Like heroin??

Opium is dried/cured sap of poppies, if you cook it/purify it with water you get refined opium.

Nah, not at all. It’s less intense and with less of a pure euphoria but more “full” high with somewhat more complex feeling of general well-being. Also ROI and content and type of high really change it. People think raw opium is inferior to refined opium but that’s not true. Prime class raw cured opium can be superior to some refined opium. It’s has sweeter and more complex taste when smoked yet still can be potent af. Pure enjoyment of smoking something with an earthy, bitter-sweet taste is added dimension you don’t get from other opiates. And using it orally, last very long, longer than pure morphine, specially peak. Even though morphine is far from a drug that’s really fiendish taking 2 – 3 doses a day or combining it with something to complement high is ime more likely to occur than with opium. One of the most remarkable things about opium (even tho when pushed same thing can be reason for potentially worse WD’s than even H causes) is that you don’t use anywhere near same dose of morphine in it as with pure opium to get as strong effects. I had lab tested opium and I would use dose, orally, in which there was “only” about 50mg of morphine without tolerance but because of all other alkaloids it felt and lasted more like a 100mg dose of pure morphine snorted. When smoke, it would require even a less but high (specially peak) is in fact surprisingly short, so you easily can smoke just as much or more over hours sustaining high. I never smoked morphine but suspect that at least part of other alkaloids is wasted when smoked and it’s more similar to morphine. So smoked opium more reminds of snorting morphine in a way. IDK what happens with codeine, thebaine, narcotine etc when you smoke/vape them? What about codeine not passing first pass metabolism? Well someone knows for sure.

But you can’t get from opium what you get from H, disregarded what ROI or how potent it is. It’s kinda like comparing drinking shots of some clear alcohol vs. drinking few glasses of properly prepared absinthe, first is stronger in many ways but former is more….hmmmm...romantic...

Opium is dried/cured sap of poppies, if you cook it/purify it with water you get refined opium.

Nah, not at all. It’s less intense and with less of a pure euphoria but more “full” high with somewhat more complex feeling of general well-being. Also ROI and content and type of high really change it. People think raw opium is inferior to refined opium but that’s not true. Prime class raw cured opium can be superior to some refined opium. It’s has sweeter and more complex taste when smoked yet still can be potent af. Pure enjoyment of smoking something with an earthy, bitter-sweet taste is added dimension you don’t get from other opiates. And using it orally, last very long, longer than pure morphine, specially peak. Even though morphine is far from a drug that’s really fiendish taking 2 – 3 doses a day or combining it with something to complement high is ime more likely to occur than with opium. One of the most remarkable things about opium (even tho when pushed same thing can be reason for potentially worse WD’s than even H causes) is that you don’t use anywhere near same dose of morphine in it as with pure opium to get as strong effects. I had lab tested opium and I would use dose, orally, in which there was “only” about 50mg of morphine without tolerance but because of all other alkaloids it felt and lasted more like a 100mg dose of pure morphine snorted. When smoke, it would require even a less but high (specially peak) is in fact surprisingly short, so you easily can smoke just as much or more over hours sustaining high. I never smoked morphine but suspect that at least part of other alkaloids is wasted when smoked and it’s more similar to morphine. So smoked opium more reminds of snorting morphine in a way. IDK what happens with codeine, thebaine, narcotine etc when you smoke/vape them? What about codeine not passing first pass metabolism? Well someone knows for sure.

But you can’t get from opium what you get from H, disregarded what ROI or how potent it is. It’s kinda like comparing drinking shots of some clear alcohol vs. drinking few glasses of properly prepared absinthe, first is stronger in many ways but former is more….hmmmm...romantic...
Interesting, I have had my share of poppy seed tea. A couple years ago back before I ever touched heroin and my tolerance was way down and I was just doing oxys everyday I would indulge in Poppy tea. Shaking around a bunch of the unwashed seeds in water and then straining and drinking the liquid. It was so bitter but I grew to love that bitter taste associated with opioids. However, I have never heard of what you described until now. Sounds awesome

Yes I loved the feeling of being comfortable in my own skin ,wrapped in big fluffy warm blanket that would shield me from the muggles and others who brought strife and woe into my lil world, heroin gave my life a reason to keep the hustles going it gave one a purpose to chase the next high I so miss the having something to chase after to better ones life instead I am slowly dying inside with no desire to improve my situation or the inability to cope with life's problems because you don't need coping skills when your nodding out

I’d say gaba based drugs are more dreamy and opioids are more stimulating/euphoric.

Most dreamy drug of all is temazepam I swear it’s like a sparkly ketamine hinted dream land . Pregabalin in high doses is somewhat dreamy too. MDMA without the dopamine basically

But I’d be interested for everyone to post whether they are dependent on opiates or benzos because that might influence your answer.

Since I have an opioid dependency they have a stimulant quality that wakes me up and gets me productive

Dissociatives are even more dreamy than opioids can be. it's part of their 'magic'. I know that many will disagree but I see quite some parallels between a pre-nod opioid experience and lower dosages of dissociatives. Just that dissociatives aren't sedating (unless one shoots itself over the anesthesia threshold) but rather stimulating, also they don't deliver a nod and aren't physically addictive.

it’s got this dreamy or dream like quality that no other drug has. That’s the only way I can describe it. Does anyone else know what I’m talking about?
Err....maybe thats why morphine was named after the "God of Dreams" MORPHEUS...IDK, JUST SAYING...

Dissociatives are even more dreamy than opioids can be. it's part of their 'magic'. I know that many will disagree but I see quite some parallels between a pre-nod opioid experience and lower dosages of dissociatives. Just that dissociatives aren't sedating (unless one shoots itself over the anesthesia threshold) but rather stimulating, also they don't deliver a nod and aren't physically addictive.
Dissociatives aren't dreamy at all, they are just a complete mindfuck to me xd

Err....maybe thats why morphine was named after the "God of Dreams" MORPHEUS...IDK, JUST SAYING...
Isn't it usually stated to be "the god of sleep"? But yeah, I get the dreamlike qulity thing.

If you overshoot the dosage. High dosed dissos (pre-hole or hole level) are an entirely different thing than e.g. 5mg of MXE. DXM is less dreamy also because of the loads of norepinephrine it releases.

My dreams are mindfuck too so dissos are dreamy in a sense that they are closer to really mindfuck dreams and opiates are more like a cozy half-sleep easy-going dream...