Does anyone abuse sleeping pills to sleep through shit?

coctails! doxylamine succinate, diphenhydramine, dimenhydrinate, dxm, valium, soma, flexeral and anything else i can get im diagnosed with insomnia and agoraphobia i go fucking crazy laying in bed at night or when im around people i get paranoid and my brain starts going a million miles an hour and i basically give myself panic attacks over and over so i eat snort smoke anything i get my hands on im never relaxed unless ive got something flowin through my blood its such a relief when im warm fuzzy and euphoric

I don't need sleeping pills to sleep through shit... lol....

My body would sleep for days if I let it.

Hey Sweet P, yep I have most definately taken benzos, olazapine, ambien, drank alcohol, antihistamines, basically anything I have possible at the time to sleep off depression and anxiety and w/ds at times anytime of the day, eventhough its best to "do something to distract yourself" or something obviously, but yeah can be very hard at times. Take care darl

Valium and xanax (and this new ad they have me on called Mirtazapine that knocks me straight out) sigh when depression hits it can be comforting.

More then likely tonight it will be a mix of clonazepam, gabapentin, morphine and seroquel. That should put me out until atleast noon.

Yeah sweet P. I did that a lot in my time. Like I would sleep 14 hours then wake up and take sleeping pills. Its just cuz I was so fucking depressed about my situation.

Sweet P, you have to change. I know its hard hun. Oh god I know. But like its no way to live. Just things like getting out for a run everyday, eating well, and maybe getting a job or something. This shit will make you feel better.

I bet in your current circumstances you are physically debiliated to some degree from WD and depression and shit.

Literally for me, my recovery has been like an enormous fat person trying to lose weight. I started off by lying on a couch for a week sick as a dog. Then I moved up to like 5 minute walks. Then I started eating slightly better, but not much better. Everyday I just do a little something better than the next day.

My life still kinda sucks lol, but its more bearable definitely.

Sorry to give you unsolicited advice, just I thought it might help you. <3<3<3

I think this is damned good advice for quite a few, myself included. Sometimes this is all you can do. You want a big change all at once but that is not realistic. But changing small things, day by day, will make you start to feel better. Thank you for posting this because it is something I needed to hear myself.

Well for one thing you definitely don't have to abuse sleeping pills to abuse sleeping lol.

I know through my opiate addiction with pods, the more I took, the more I'd wind up sleeping at night (up to 14-16 hours sometimes), and it definitely is a similar situation where you just wind up sleeping through all your problems.

As far as ending the cycle, you gotta stop the drugs first, and than wait a few months and you will not want to sleep every day anymore and waste your life away. Some people have to go through this process to cope, others have to stop the process to cope. Which ever person you are, really is relative to your current life and problems.
But I can definitely tell you sleeping through problems only eventually makes them worse. So better to get control of it sooner than later.

I havnt but i have been thinking about it recently. I been on suboxone maintenance past 8 months taking 4-6mg per day IV throughout the day and since i have no money i have run out and wasn't able to taper. I do have some 50mg seroquel leftover from my heroin w/d days. Would 1 50mg knock me out if im in sub detox? I've never took it before so dont have a tolerance or anything.

I havnt but i have been thinking about it recently. I been on suboxone maintenance past 8 months taking 4-6mg per day IV throughout the day and since i have no money i have run out and wasn't able to taper. I do have some 50mg seroquel leftover from my heroin w/d days. Would 1 50mg knock me out if im in sub detox? I've never took it before so dont have a tolerance or anything.

I'm sorry George but 50mg really isn't that strong. It would probably knock out a person not in detox, but with the amount of sub you said you iv'd I couldn't possibly see it working.
I was coming off a moderate pod habit and 300mg even failed to put me to sleep. It wasn't till I got up to 500mg that it worked. And the amount of sub you're on sounds a lot stronger than the amount of pods I was withdrawing from at the time. I know its extremely relative, but 50mg I don't think you'd even feel. You'd have to try a higher dose imo. Maybe 200-300mg could work for you, if you have enough that is.

I most definitely abuse sleeping pills to sleep through shit (life) when I just don't want to deal with whatever is going on.

I use tylenol PM, nothing prescribed. Gets the job done though :|

Yes I've done this. When I was in jail I took seroquel day and night even though it makes me feel terrible; sleeping is the fastest and most enjoyable way to pass the time.

& when I knew I wouldn't be able to afford P or my sources were all dry, Id take seroquel or restoril to make it tolerable...

.... sort of want some now :(

i used to do this a lot- and the stupid thing, that was basically taking my meds as proscribed, so it wasn't technically abuse.... i don't know what withdrawals like in terms of messing up sleep but i can imagine it messes everything up. i was anorexic and that makes it very difficult to sleep as your full of adrenaline to go and hunt/gather food. i honestly think that without all the sleeping meds/tranqs i may have killed myself instead of going through the shit i was avoiding by sleeping.

so at the time i don't think it was a bad thing to be doing. however, its 3 years later and though i don't use them anywhere near as much, i'm still psychologically dependent on them (though no longer dependent on starvation, so its the lesser of 2 evils).

also, there's always gonna be some reason to feel bad/guilty about whatever your doing, its not productive. so i just wanted to say well done, you're doing great and keep at it.

I don't need sleeping pills to sleep through shit... lol....

My body would sleep for days if I let it.

You're lucky... my insomnia is so bad I couldn't even fall asleep on a bad meth comedown, after staying awake for days. :\

I do, i've been on clotsapine now for some 18 months. I can't use sleeping benzos like temazepam or so...need five times more than maximum dose, i get plain euphoria but neuroleptics or tricyclics give sleep. Been suffered from insomnia since 17 years old.

But it's possible to get sleep with any euphorising if need and or ill.

I used to do this and still do to some extent. During opiate withdrawals (or as is the case now when i have the heebie jeebies from the PAWS) i'll comatose myself with clonazepam, gabapentin, weed and whatever else i got. Sometimes i'll use seroquel (stuff kinda sucks), zyprexa, risperdal or methotrimeprazine to put myself to sleep with other meds or just make me not care. After 2mg's of risperdal taken at once it's hard to care about anything :|

Neuroleptics are the masterkey of long sleeping periods, carefull all/anybody with sleeping cough...Zyprexa or quetiapine(Seroquel) are mediorce compared to Leponex(Clotsapine). Actually some tricyclics from both sides, sleepy or morning type give relief too...Clotsapine anyway is prescribed only when long hostitalisation, white cell blood tests mothly...It has danger or them vanishing all and death, they stop it then and go on the tradidtional atypical/whatever then.

I do this a lot. Ambien usually does the trick, and I tend to take it a few hours before I'm actually planning on sleeping 'cause I like that sedated, wiping-the-mind-clean kind of feeling. Although if I'm out of ambien, diphenhydramine usually does the trick, although I have to take rather high doses since I seem to have a bit of a tolerance to it. But it's nice to just sleep and not have to deal with shit. That, and sleep deprivation can really take it's toll after a while. 4-5 hours of sleep a night is my average, and it's clearly not adequate 'cause I'm pretty physically and psychologically exhausted a lot of the time.

Ambien used to work, or at least help me sleep, but if I was to take it anytime now i'll just lie awake, then get up and do stupid random shit.

@sarcophagus.hees
[[I do this a lot. Ambien usually does the trick, and I tend to take it a few hours before I'm actually planning on sleeping 'cause I like that sedated, wiping-the-mind-clean kind of feeling. Although if I'm out of ambien, diphenhydramine usually does the trick, although I have to take rather high doses since I seem to have a bit of a tolerance to it. But it's nice to just sleep and not have to deal with shit. That, and sleep deprivation can really take it's toll after a while. 4-5 hours of sleep a night is my average, and it's clearly not adequate 'cause I'm pretty physically and psychologically exhausted a lot of the time.]]

I can most definitely relate to that. My insomnia and central sleep apnea won't give me any more than five hours a night. Actually, at this point, I've been up for just over forty eight hours straight :( because I was simply unable to shut my brain off. I have a mild tolerance to benzo's but I've already taken 90 mgs of temazepam and 4 mgs of clonazepam over the course of the night. Yet, I'm still awake. I am truly jealous of people who can enjoy a good night's sleep.

Last edited: