PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

does acid go bad? *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadchad88

Greenlighter
my friends and i want to get some acid for a music festival that is in april. where we live it is hard to find so when it comes around we hop on it. if we get the acid say this week and it is on a paper tab does it ever go bad? my friend mentioned that he heard it did and this sounds weird to me..so will it stay good for say 3-4 months. how do u keep it staying good? thanks for the info

Acid tends to lose potency after a bit, however if stored properly it can last a while.

Placed in an air-tight container in a freezer or fridge should save it for the event *cough coach cough*

I find it funny you say its hard to find acid though....huh...I guess it just depends on who you know....

Cheers, this year is going to be killer.

It doesn't "go bad" per se but if not kept in appropriate conditions it will degrade. Either the LSD molecules are intact or they aren't.

Ideally, you want to put your tabs in an airtight, opaque container of some sort, then put that in the freezer. Light, heat and moisture all speed up the degradation of LSD. Room temperature is too high to store it for more than a few days without notable degradation. If you keep it airtight, dark and in the freezer, it should be fine for a few months, probably years.

Also, make sure not to take your tabs with tap water. Tap water is typically chlorinated, and even the small amount of chlorine they put in it can destroy the LSD as well. If you have a drink immediately before or while taking the tab(s), make sure it's from a bottle or can and not a tap.

edit: I find it funny that you find it funny to call acid scarce. Nothing seems scarce when you have a supply, I suppose, but I thought it was pretty common knowledge that LSD in the US is quite scarce these days. The combination of major busts under the Bush era DEA and the rise of RCs has reduced availability and flooded what market there is left with RCs passed off as lucy. I put little stock in reports that "acid is coming to town soon" because 95% of those reports I hear turn out to be false.

i read in a thread here that some people forgot about the acid they had in their basement freezer, for 7 or so years, then found it and took it and tripped perfectly well off it

acid degrades with light, air, and heat, so keep it in a cold, dark, airtight environment and you're good to go

I don't put much stock in tales of degradation. I've kept tabs - and liquid - in the baggy, in a wooden box in a cupboard in the dark for up to a year, with no noticeable degradation.

Status
Not open for further replies.