• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Doctor is cutting me way back!

Joe NJ

Greenlighter
I've been prescribed 40mg/day of oxy for 3 years now. I've just moved to South Jersey and my new doc is very hesitant to continue...Anyone else finding this problem due to adverse media attention?

Its.not so much the bad.media that's causing so many doctors to be hard on prescribing, It's been hard to get opiates for years, even before the opiate epidemic became a problem.
It seems like your new doctor just doesnt know or trust you enough to start you back on oxy, regardless if you moved or not, he will probably gradually work his way up on pain medicines with you over time, you pretty much gotta start from scratch now, if he is unwilling to continue. Give it time, if he continued every patient on they're meds from they're old practice, he is making room for addicts and manipulators to try to make up a story and be a new patient in his practice.
Give your doctor a chance, give it a few visits so he can get to know you, hear what's wrong, and maybe get your chart from your last practice, and make his own decisions. Not all doctors have the same morals and prescribing standards as other ones, that's for damn sure !