• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Doctor appt. Tomorrow, advice on upping my pain medication

DylanS4C

Greenlighter
So I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow and I'd like some advice. I'm new here but I don't think I need to use swim because I'm talking about my legal prescriptions. So log story short, two month ago I was diagnosed with Reactive Arthritis and given a script of Norco 5/325 to take every 4-6 hours. I get 30 tablets but my doc gives me a refill every ten days or so. I'm going in tomorrow because the pain is so bad in the morning and at night I have to take 2 plus motrin and Benadryl just to sleep because the pain keeps me up. I just don't want to seem like a drug seeker when asking to either give me 90 tablets (30 day dose so I don't have to drive to the pharmacy 3-4 times a month or to up my dose to 7.5 or 10mg or maybe even 5mg percocet. I'm not trying to get high, but this pain is unbearable. I'm an active 21 year old male and I can barely walk to my car. Any advice?

I had reactive septic arthritis in my si joint and c spine. Worst pain I've ever experienced in my life. It's ridiculous that you have to go to the pharmacy that many times a month. Talk to your doctor we're not allowed to give advice on how to up scripts or get them. I would find a new Doc tho. That script is bullshit, especially if it's in your hip or spine...