• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DOC... alone?

DOC alone is great, provided you have a good enough setting that provides enough entertainment for the duration.

but its like other psychedelics. not like somea re best alone and others in groups, but also depend on what you as a person prefer, and how comfortable you are.
for instance, in the beginning i was very afraid about being on psychedelics when out and about, but now i much prefer a bit of nature and the company of a friend or two. the precise substance is less important, though the dose is. a high dose might be better handled and enjoyed at home, alone. a lower dose is usually more social...

working out on DOC might work, but the dose sould be kept low and activity at less than 100%. Sometimes i like to go for a swim while on the comeup... the nudie beaches and vasoconstriction dont go too well together though ;)

Yeah I went swimming in a mountain river (a COLD one), and sliding down a waterfall, on DOC. After a few minutes in the water I could feel that internal tugging of greatly constricted veins. Creepy feeling. I'll still do it again though, probably Saturday. :)

for instance, in the beginning i was very afraid about being on psychedelics when out and about, but now i much prefer a bit of nature and the company of a friend or two. the precise substance is less important, though the dose is. a high dose might be better handled and enjoyed at home, alone. a lower dose is usually more social...

It's the same for me. For my early years of tripping, I vastly preferred to be alone. I think it was because I had a lot more social anxiety then, which ironically psychedelics helped me with. Nowadays I much prefer to be with 1 or 2 good friends, out doing things, even though usually those things are simply exploring nature.

Why, IYO, is working out on psychs a bad idea...I've had some good workouts while tripping...just curious.

Some cause vasoconstriction and otherwise make your joints ache. Phenethylamines don't combine very well with fatigue: They tend to take out all your juices anyway. Particularly in DOC i find moving too much / too fast to be an irritating experience: I'm afraid i'll break something because everything feels so stiff.

But you'll unlikely actually want to exercise with DOC: As some have said it is stimulating but in a weird way. You might want to move around but at the same time you just want to watch TV or do nothing at all. It's really indecisive. Most often i just don't move at all for 12+ hours because i couldn't convince myself to do something else than sit still.

Yeah DOC has an awesome stimulation that's relaxing... I can be unmoving or I can run around and do a lot of physical stuff (walking in rivers is my favorite in that area). It's like it energizes and relaxes me simultaneously.

Alone DOC seems to be a better outdoor drug for a light walk in the forest on a nice day IMO. I have too much environmental tolerance to have it at home, and I don't get CEV in the dark with DOC. I find long trips can become boring if I don't have something new and interesting to do. For me DOC is a more visually stimulating drug than mentally, so new and interesting things to look at become a useful trip aid. Doses heavier than 4mg might be better at home, as you may become disorientated, getting lost on your own may become distressing.

Company I assume is a marked improvement on the DOC experience, as I don't personally find it very introspective. There are better drugs IMO for tripping alone for purposes of meditation, or self-evaluation.

An experienced sitter is always a good idea for any drug experience however.