View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DOC... alone?

phatass

Bluelighter
So far i've had the best trips of my life 25i, ethocin, moxy, 2C-E allthough my co-tripper found the bodyload on this one too much (ROA sniffed)...

I have some DOC and am impatient to try it, furthermore my co-tripper is relatively inexperienced, so would it be a good idea for me to do DOC alone, and what sort of setting would you recommend? (inside outside etc...) music? no music?

thanks for your input

(mods u can merge this if u want)

I sometimes get very nervous during the come up, it always passes but I usually have my S/O around telling me that everything is alright. I would definitely suggest having someone around for the first time just in case you have a bad reaction. Also, music and nature are both beautiful on doc. That being said, I personally prefer to be indoors anytime I try something new.

Last edited:
I'd prefer to be in company, or in a party setting when doing DOC, but I find it rather easy going psychedelic and you'd probably be OK doing it alone. Just start with a relatively low dose and give it a good few hours to properly kick in as the comeup is long and gradual and the trip itself lasts a very long time. Maybe start indoors, but you would likely like to be a bit active later, a long walk or something, as DOC is quite stimulating though not as strongly as, say, DOI.

I'm with your friend. I am very experienced with psychs and RC psychs and there's just something about the DOC that gives me horrible body load that translates into terrible anxiety. If you're in the right mindset I guess you could make it enjoyable, but I avoid now.

I wouldn't take DOC alone. I've taken it twice and once was alone for the first part of the trip, the other I was with people for most of it--definitely preferred being with people, and the part that I was with people.

It's stimulating so the outlet of being able to talk with, look at, and otherwise interact with people is really nice. It's also SO long-lasting that you'll get bored alone. Also, as drew said, there can be some anxiety, so when I was alone I definitely felt odd at times (wasn't really alone though, went out to the theater).

OD -> PD

it's probably a good idea to have a sitter or at least take a low dose of DOC, under 1mg.

Recently tried DOC for the first time, I took it around 11 pm and tripped all night... I tend to be really very okay when alone, in general and also since I have some built up experience with tripping. Being alone on DOC until later that following morning / early afternoon was fine for me, but the come-up was dragging for such a long time, I agree with anxiety / discomfort hinted to or mentioned earlier. I am sure it is a lot better to be more active during the trip and during the comeup. A lot of time was spent chatting online though, that was very pleasant - a lot more even than normally.

I did go walking but that wasn't until later on the plateau, during the comeup I did practice some pencak silat to utilize that stimulation / body energy.

Being outside was absolutely great, and I had zero problems functioning especially since I just wasn't tripping hard. It was subtle and I felt very lucid, although sometimes I could also suddenly go quite a bit deeper falling into a trance.
And yes music was also perfect <3

I also recommend drawing, I really liked doing that and was stimulated enough to help with motivation...

Take into account that you might react much more sensitively than I did, and it may change a lot about the things you want to do and the things you still can do while tripping.

DOC is great alone, though often during the second half I really want to be social. However it's not necessary. Start low though, you can always do more the next time. Find out how you react to DOC. 1 or 1.5 is probably a good place to start, and you'd probably then move to 2 or 2.5mg if you wanted to. My favorite dose is 3mg now, but the first time I took 3mg, it was super intense. My first dose was 1.2mg and it was pretty intense.

Well i took a low dose of DOC to start off, it went very well, gently stimulating and less "trippy" than some of the other things i've done recently, I'm glad a friend came over during the trip because i was getting slightly bored, we went for a walk, which i felt i needed, but tired me out quite a lot. As it wasn't intense enough to really trip alone and i was awake for a while... took me a while also to get back into a regular sleep pattern, but all in all an enjoyable experience :)

Sometimes the vasoconstriction of DOC can make my muscles weaker. But sometimes it gives me boundless energy. Usually what happens is during the peak my energy level is reduced, and then during the plateau it is greatly increased (but I am also fully comfortable being still).

Last time I took DOC (few days ago), I had snorted a good 3-4mg... came up INSANELY fast, basically went from sober to TRIPPING BALLS in 10 minutes. You know, the kind of high where you're so high, all you can do is say how high you are 8o

anyways I had a homie and some girls with me and we were supposed to all go chill at a lake, but I was WAY too high to function in public so I just decided to let them go on without me. Ended up being a near orgasmic trip, incredibly deep thoughts and an AMAZING body high. Much later on that night some other friends came back, and let's just say my friend's girlfriend has a VERY piercing voice. I was much happier alone.. gave me room to think without being annoyed. I haven't tripped alone in a verrryyyyy long time too, and DOC seemed to be the perfect drug to take for that situation :)

the one thing I'll say though.. no matter who you're with, DOC tends to be a very motivating drug. You'll want to go out and do shit, not just sit around watching the paint dry like you could with LSD haha. Just have a lot of fun/trippy activities to keep yourself occupied!

Yeah I have had many awesome trips alone on DOC, as well as many awesome ones with friends or family or even complete strangers. DOC is just a good psychedelic. :)

I'll have to try snorting it sometime, but I always use liquid measurement on account of the tiny dose. I guess I could let the liquid dry on a piece of glass or something and scrape it up.

DOC is one the few psychedelics that has really spun me out. I don't know how much I had probably way too much, my friend just tipped some powder into a water bottle and a had big gulp. It wasn't so much the psychedelic affects I didn't enjoy but the speedy ones. I got really really anxious, felt like my heart was about to explode and then horrifically paranoid. This was at a dark psy forest party too which could have contributed. Would love to try again, but with careful dosage and right set, setting and companions

Wow, that's so irresponsible of your friend to just dump some DOC powder in water and drink it. DOC must be measured precisely because .5mg can make the difference between a good time and too much. Personally it's my favorite psychedelic overall, because it can be deep but also quite recreational, and it feels great and is visual. Plus as I've said many times before on here, the plateau stage, for me, is one of the best feelings I have achieved from drugs and it's very reliable. It's a great multi-purpose tool for me, though if I was trying to achieve an ego-death style trip, I would choose something else.

I quite enjoy DOC alone.

Especially in the early to middle stage of the trip (peak effects, before comedown begins, says hours 4-9) I find it well suited to quiet introspection. There seems to be a contradictory body load where you feel a sort of electricity-coursing-through your body stimulation simultaneously with an eyes-rolling-back sedation.

If you are able to harness and submit to that energy, I find that it is very easy to slip into a deep, prolonged, dream-like trance state of CEV-driven introspection with the potential to take you very deep into your subconscious mind for a very long time. A valuable experience, but caution is a must, as is factoring personal variables (12 hours is a very long time to be stuck in a negative thought loop). A relatively stable mental status and a willingness to stoically face your deepest fears is highly recommended.

Working out on DOC can work, due to the energy, however I find the vasoconstriction makes it harder to perform than usual, especially in the first stage. Just don't push yourself too hard, it may be harder to anyway.

Also some people don't experience much vasoconstriction. I think maybe at low doses it would work better because you'd get less. Personally I am prone to vasoconstriction anyway.

Some psychs I can see being awesome for working out, such as mescaline.

I find the long two hour onset of DOC is well suited to some light exercise (yoga, running, cycling). It seems to help steady the body and mind, mitigating the energetic jitters, slight nausea, and mild anxiety that I start to get between hours one and two. Get the heart pumping, open up those blood vessels and preemptively combat vasoconstriction. It will also help to stimulate a little appetite (I find that making sure to eat throughout the DOC trip reduces negative body load). I imagine some post-peak exercise and stretching would also help to alleviate any lingering muscle tension and vasoconstriction. Personally, I'd be wary of exercising during peak effects (hours two through eight or ten) because I experience some issues with body temperature regulation (fluctuating between hot and cold). YMMV but I get this more with DOC than some other psychedelics.

I agree that exercise on the come-up is good, in fact it's the best way to mostly not notice it. DOC has a pretty gentle come-up as far as powerful psychedelics go but it can still be pretty unsettling at times.