• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Do you worship LSD?

Low doses allow you to try and ‘hold on and fight’ whereas bigger doses ‘throw you in the deep end’ where you have to swim no matter what.
There is definitely some truth to this statement but i wouldn’t completely discredit the benefit of low dose trips. My best trip was on a tab that was probably 60-80 ug.

The low doses can allow you to function somewhat normally while doing other “psychedelic activities” like dancing, certain sports, playing music, etc. The synergistic effect of the activity and the substance can be extremely wonderful.

I know what you mean though. The high doses where everything around you is melting can be incredible. Personally, I find they have no utility for me anymore. I just get paranoid :/

I wouldn’t say I worship it. I don’t worship any psychedelic except maybe DMT, but even it has its flaws.

I got LSD immediately on my first try. I’ll never forget eating that paper and coming up watching Harry Potter. The part where the grumpy dude tells Harry “there’s no such thing as magic!!” and slams the peep hole made me die laughing.

We spent the night wandering the neighborhood and by early morning my friends were all asleep while I sat wanting to do anything. Then I thought of seeing the sunrise. So I ventured out and kept trying to find a good place but there’s no high ground around here so by the time I found place the sun was up lol. Proceeded to go home, pass out, and wake up late for work.

LSD to me is the most recreational, social and just plain fun of all the psychedelics. It’s what I take to unwind, enjoy friends, go dancing, etc. Once in awhile it’ll get deep or off but it’s very rare. Unfortunately though when it does go off the rails, it goes off bad. My most difficult trip has also been on LSD, but looking back I was ripe for it with any psychedelic likely.

LSD also comes a bit of a way of life for some people with its long lasting effects that can sometimes linger long after the experience is over. You can tell an acid head when you meet one, especially if their new to it. They usually think they unlocked the door to life, on some Jesus complex type shit. It’s a fascinating drug.

-GC

LSD also comes a bit of a way of life for some people with its long lasting effects that can sometimes linger long after the experience is over. You can tell an acid head when you meet one, especially if their new to it. They usually think they unlocked the door to life, on some Jesus complex type shit. It’s a fascinating drug.

-GC

Wilko Johnson said "I used to think the time on acid was real life and ordinary life was the unreal part"

For me LSD is the ultimate psychedelic, no competition. I don't understand the lack of spirituality people describe. I've had the most mind-blowing spiritual experiences on LSD. From literally meeting god, him telling me he was me, and everybody else, to channeling torrents of cosmic energy from the universe through my body into the earth by dance, to insights on soul-level about the nature of reality by being allowed to peak behind the curtain. All accompanied by the deepest feelings of awe and inspiration I have ever felt, sober or on any of an array of psychedelics. Mushrooms have never done that for me. I think it's just very personal which tool activates which experiences. But yeah, I hail the acid gods.

most people who claim lsd aint spiritual never had proper dose. 250 ug acutally tested by a lab will fucking blow your reality into a fractal and put on a cosmic trip so fucking insane not even mushrooms could compare which are earth grounded.

true LSD trips are where you leave the entire earth and go to the 5th dimension

I believe that I do worship lsd - it is my religion replacement, I have a good physical and intellectual connection with it.
my practise with it is functionally spiritual. I understand it and keep on learning more about mysef with it, and that bleeds into my everyday life.

shrooms are an equivalent sacrament. Any lysergamide I have tried works, salvia works, even THC is religious.
(speed and coke on occasion have been amazing, but are unhealthy more than not)

by taking moderate doses of these sacraments I effectively observe, appreciate and give thanks to nature, the moment, life.

I have no illusions about that. and no burning interest in other religions including those that use drugs, just acceptance that they exist, and that people are entangled in them.

I actually am very nuanced when tripping on it! I think that it is nothing special, like anything else in this world, but a tool to use to explore the deepest parts of your mind. Rather, I think I, and humanity, are special instead! ✨

most people who claim lsd aint spiritual never had proper dose. 250 ug acutally tested by a lab will fucking blow your reality into a fractal and put on a cosmic trip so fucking insane not even mushrooms could compare which are earth grounded.

I'd agree with you there. My LSD trips have always been lacklustre because I've never taken more than one tab. UK acid in the 80s was probably around 80 - 100 ug if you were lucky. But it's that dose uncertainty that prevented me from pushing it further.

But I still think psilocybin is far superior. I've had mushroom trips where I've entered other universes and been spoken to by alien entities. Mushrooms may be earth grounded, but the earth mother is the ultimate god that holds the key to cosmic consciousness.

You dig?

😀

I've never been a great fan of LSD tbh. I find it spiritually lacking and too synthetic. Maybe I haven't pushed the doses high enough, but mushrooms are a guaranteed connection to the universe (or hell) even on relatively low doses.

I'm in the same boat. Maybe it's dose, maybe we've never taken enough. I've never thought enough of it to keep banging my head on that wall. Maybe if that's all I had access to over the years, I might have felt differently.

Like Buzz, I found I needed to take LSD quite a few times to really appreciate it. In fact I had a weird thing where I was immune to any effects from LSD beyond light threshold, for many years. And I know it wasn't just bad LSD because my friends would take half the dose from the same batch and be tripping balls. I had to finally take an estimated 500ug to "break through" into a real trip and ever since then I seem to get more and more sensitive to it. A quarter hit these days males me trip harder than I ever could no matter how much I took back in the day. I mean I took 3 of the legendary Hofmann 50th anniversary blotters and barely felt it. It was weird.

Anyway, I seem to get more and more in tune with LSD as I continue to use it. However I do find it lacking the same sort of spiritual connection that tryptamines have. I find it pretty easygoing for how strong it is, at home in my body and mind for the most part. It's great fun, but I have ever had a profoundly life changing sort of trip on it. Never had ego loss on it either.

Maybe I could learn to work with LSD if I really worked with it, but I haven't felt the need to put the time in. I think I did it 4-6 times in my early twenties, several experiences with LSAs, an experience with AL-LAD at 275ug, and then one ALD-25 at ~175-225ug in recent years just to make sure. It's got its merits, I suppose, but it's never blown my hair back. The one really nice experience was listening to a 20 piece live band then going skiing down a volcano, but that would have been amazing sober or on anything else, too.

I suspect we're all just wired a little differently. Most people don't need to jump through hoops to fall in love with LSD. I've always loved salvia, but that doesn't lead me to believe that everyone else would if they just smoked it enough times. I'm just glad that LSD exists for the people that find it so powerfully meaningful, and I'm glad that there are other options that work well for me.

No. I always thought "I wish I'd taken mushrooms instead"...
My first thought was what am i am doing in nature. Have to get here so i'll have to get back.Why am i not laying on my attic smoking chronic.

I am a lazy tripper. That worship's Lysergide's on its attic mostly, because its my blunt area. Psylocibine is a whole different game, hardcore ime. Deep respec to they that can handle em.

Last edited:
Regarding the discussion of dose size vs spiritual effects - especially comments by @F.U.B.A.R. - here is a study that tested the same volunteers over time on a gradually increasing range of doses from 25 ug to 200 ug. It has some very interesting findings, including that the fun visual effects seem to max out out 200 ug. You don’t get bigger visions / visual disturbances with bigger doses.

Also, contrary to my experience there was more anxiety (across the group) at 200 ug than at 100 ug - but I suspect this relates to feelings during the comeup stage rather than the main trip. I get a bit anxious during the comeup of a big dose but then it disappears for the reset of the experience. When I was young I actually feel pretty happy and excited during the comeup but get sketched out and anxious a few hours later and stay that way for along time.

Key quote from tjhe study:

Importantly, a ceiling effect was reached at higher doses of LSD (>100 µg) with regard to its positive subjective effects, with no difference in good drug effects between the 100 and 200 µg doses. However, the 200 µg dose of LSD produced significantly greater ego dissolution and anxious ego dissolution than the 100 µg dose. Additionally, only the 200 µg dose and not the 100 µg dose of LSD-induced significant anxiety. However, doses above 100 µg may be used if the goal is to induce the experience of ego dissolution or disembodiment. These experiences, however, were produced at doses that also produced more anxiety compared with lower doses

^ i have to disagree there. I think the visuals change after 200ugm, 300ug had me almost blinded by visuals for a little bit during the peak.

it took me awhile to get to 300ug, easily a few years. once i got up to that dose I had the most rewarding trip of my life, highly recommend. I've done 300ug a couple times after that and one 360ug trip which had me experiencing ego dead , almost close to completely being gone. Have been nervous to go up that high again lol

Last edited:
^ i have to disagree there. I think the visuals change after 200ugm, 300ug had me almost blinded by visuals for a little bit during the peak.

it took me awhile to get to 300ug, easily a few years. once i got up to that dose I had the most rewarding trip of my life, highly recommend. I've done 300ug a couple times after that and one 360ug trip which had me experiencing ego almost close to completely being gone. Have been nervous to go up that high again lol
I’m sure it varies a lot between individuals and this is just one small study. I know some people don’t ever have very visual trips and all the action happens in the way they think about things as they listen to music for example.

Personally, more than about 400 ug when totally non-tolerant and I often have a kind of total white out at the front end of a trip while I can’t walk and flash in and out of something like ego-death. By the time that all finishes and I’m tripping balls I don’t get a lot of the hand-trailing / wall breathing type visuals at all but I’m still intensely fucked up. On 1-200 ug though, I’ve imagined I could go for a swim in my Persian carpet because of the way all it’s patterns were ebbing and flowing like a liquid. At that level, I’m often intimidated by the idea of walking up or down stairs or slopes as well because of the way they move and seem so unstable.

the visuals get stronger the more you dose. at 300 ug + you are seeing god at 500 ug your not even this 3d plane of existence anymore your fucking deep in the LSD reality

I worshiped acid for years. Then I got more sober and a lot of what I felt I dealt with still came to the surface. I still value it highly though and consider it one of the best if looking a classic psychedelic experience. I used to not be able to shut up about it, then I witnessed the reaction of others on it and saw it wasn't as simple as everyone should just take it.

I can't stand the whole natural vs synthetic argument as a reason to dislike LSD. I would much rather have a pure synthetic tryptamine or good high dose clean LSD compared to something like LSA, mushrooms or ayahausca. I also think high doses of LSD are much better. Not above 250-300ug with no experience or tolerance but the low dose is very confusing. Minimum 100ug. I find this the same for many psychedelic drugs though, I'd rather have a good solid dose to rock me and carry me along rather than a dose that leaves me questioning if I'm tripping when I am. I treat acid similar to weed, I start off low then binge on it for a few weeks pushing it to very high doses then come off it and integrate then repeat as I see fit. It's rare I just have a one off acid trip, once I experience it I'll do it again every 1-7 days until I decide that's enough and it's time to stop or reality gets in the way.