• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Do you worship LSD?

I've never been a great fan of LSD tbh. I find it spiritually lacking and too synthetic. Maybe I haven't pushed the doses high enough, but mushrooms are a guaranteed connection to the universe (or hell) even on relatively low doses.

There is something about LSD that separates it from all other psychedelics or all drugs for that matter. It has a magic to it.

DMT also has that magic but LSD is much more approachable and forgiving :)

All hail the Lysergic God

I find the opposite, but again it could be dose related. When I had the strength of mind to tolerate psychedelics I found mushrooms to have a magic that LSD lacked. But that could be down to the fact that when you take mushrooms, you know they are genuine. A tab of 'LSD' could be an unknown dose of any old shit.

Anyone ever had the "ecstasy" type bodyhigh from lsd? Doesnt happen everytime.

It took quite a few trips for me to fully appreciate LSD, I found the headspace somewhat clumsy and just annoying towards the later stages of the trip.
Then it all just clicked one time. I would agree that it's not as "spiritual" as say mushrooms, but it has like this aha erlebnis quality like you've finally fucking solved all of it hahahah.

Never, sadly.

No, I've always had an uncomfortable body load from acid.

But mushrooms had a body high comparable to, or even better than MDMA. Its just the headfuck I can't deal with anymore.

I find the opposite, but again it could be dose related. When I had the strength of mind to tolerate psychedelics I found mushrooms to have a magic that LSD lacked. But that could be down to the fact that when you take mushrooms, you know they are genuine. A tab of 'LSD' could be an unknown dose of any old shit.
I agree in that I can also appreciate mushrooms, specifically music and environment feel much more magical on mushrooms. I think music can sound a bit dull on LSD (compared to mushrooms). I get utterly lost in music on shrooms :), but they can also take me some dark places that LSD doesn't.

But I have gone to much cooler dimensions on LSD. It's just so visually expressive.

Main difference for me between mushies and LSD is something Albert Hoffman said to Mckenna - that you feel a "presence" on mushrooms (and 4-aco-dmt) that you don't tend to get on LSD. But LSD has a very comforting feel to it when it hits right - I was out last weekend somewhere quiet looking out over a valley and it was like looking at the acidified version - just breathtaking beauty.

I get a better percentage of hitting the ecstasy feelings when I take a fairly big dose - maybe 200-400mics bigger than my regular dose, split it in two and take it 20 mins apart. I really have been rolling around in the duvet with my legs in the air and my underpants on my head - better than ecstasy.

Main difference for me between mushies and LSD is something Albert Hoffman said to Mckenna - that you feel a "presence" on mushrooms sy.
I remember after experiencing DMT, mushrooms changed and I felt much more of a presence. It felt like I could almost sense the DMT entities with me but couldn't see them, just feel them with me, their magic.
I get a better percentage of hitting the ecstasy feelings when I take a fairly big dose - maybe 200-400mics bigger than my regular dose

same I really need at least 5 tabs to get to my special place, there's this "hump" you need to get over to end up in la la land

Good point negentropic - I tend to get the best trips when ive been tripping every week for a while - when I push the dose higher then it seems to decrease the rough physical feeling you can get just taking a big dose out of the blue

Like Buzz, I found I needed to take LSD quite a few times to really appreciate it. In fact I had a weird thing where I was immune to any effects from LSD beyond light threshold, for many years. And I know it wasn't just bad LSD because my friends would take half the dose from the same batch and be tripping balls. I had to finally take an estimated 500ug to "break through" into a real trip and ever since then I seem to get more and more sensitive to it. A quarter hit these days males me trip harder than I ever could no matter how much I took back in the day. I mean I took 3 of the legendary Hofmann 50th anniversary blotters and barely felt it. It was weird.

Anyway, I seem to get more and more in tune with LSD as I continue to use it. However I do find it lacking the same sort of spiritual connection that tryptamines have. I find it pretty easygoing for how strong it is, at home in my body and mind for the most part. It's great fun, but I have ever had a profoundly life changing sort of trip on it. Never had ego loss on it either.

gotta pop 5 deepweb tested proper dosed tabs and get true initation to the universe way more spiritual than even mushrooms i swear man

I really hated LSD when I was young and first started taking it. Around age 18-21 I took maybe 20 trips and almost every single one was a bit of fun for a few hours after the come-up but always trailed off to miserable anxious sketchiness. I only took it because all my friends took it and I didn’t want to to stand around being the only straight person.

Then I re-discovered it in my late 40s and fucking loved it and thought it the best drug I had ever taken. Since then I seem to take it whenever I deem my tolerance might have subsided enough to have a great time - though I am often wrong about that.

I don’t know what the difference between then and now and 25 years abstinence from it represents. Has the quality of acid gotten better?

I think it is possibly that back then I only ever took one tab that was likely only 50 -100 u max while since I re-started in my 40s I began with 3 presumedly 100 ug tabs and have never taken less than that per session.

I read some research article recently that said subjects only reported anxiety and difficulty at low doses (100 ug in the study) but never at high doses (200 ug in the study. Low doses allow you to try and ‘hold on and fight’ whereas bigger doses ‘throw you in the deep end’ where you have to swim no matter what.

My first psychedelic was LSD and that trip was my best, to this day. So it’s hard for me to not put it at the top of the list. Idk if I would go so far as to say I “worship” it. But I hold it in very high regard. LSD has also given the worst trip of my life (fully psychotic, trying to run into traffic, stripping naked, etc). The positive side still wins out

mushrooms are wonderful too but I haven’t had a particularly insightful trip from them, despite pushing the dose to 5 g. They tend to be more enjoyable in a social context for me. Like enjoying a hike, cycling, skiing/snowboarding with friends and just goofing off. Never more than 1 g for days like these though

I guess I have done similar things on lsd before (primarily running w a friend) but I was much more focused inward than with mushrooms. Not quite as sociable