• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Do you think its wrong to hold grudges?

In theory yes, but I would probably be lying if I said I wouldn't be pissed at all of them. Yes holding a grudge is wrong; but honestly, given the bizarre and disturbing circumstances( the severe invasion of of your personal space, the cops and then them not bailing you out even though they caused this). It would be hard to forgive. I wanna say forgive, but I don't want to be a hypocrite. I would try to forgive, so it doesn't cause you stress and is the right thing to do, but that would be tough for me. My family is dead, but my parents wouldn't do that and my sister would have possibly wanted some, maybe mom too.

Last edited:
I have the same story but more extreme version since i was not at home but i had to take a flight and ended up oding on benzos and trying to steal duty free shop chocolates in airport ...i almost got arrested ...they let me go ..took the flight , droped unconscious , my parents were waiting for me in the airport , they took me to hospital...i too had pills stashed in my underwear...lol...why we do that on benzos? Traumatic experience ...but i was 20 years old back then and not really smart

Forgive them. But don't let them into your life again. Forgiveness isn't about them, but for you to be free from your past traumatic experiences.

Holding onto it is like letting them live rent-free in your head. They aren't even thinking about what they did to you, it's your perception in the mind. You in the end are the one who gets burned.

Learn of stoicism and mindfulnesss. It might teach you a thing or two.

If you can manage that, you could talk it over.
If they can understand you, your boundaries and concept of personal freedom, grudge is not much else than ball chained to the leg.
Otherwise, it is expression you might be better off maintaining until you can't expect them being dangerous for you anymore, but that is up to you.

There could be fine line where they could have been expecting you to be in acute danger, but that does not sound like it, since they were reaching for your drugs, even tho if you were in danger of respiratory depression or something, surely you would have not been able to do anymore, so I doubt their motivation was solely to just save your life acutely.