• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do you think its possible (in the future) for a drug to completely stop WD's from opiates?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Does anyone think that it might be possible for a pharma company (or someone else for that matter) to make a drug that can stop all WD from opiates? There are several drugs out there that can help. Ie. Gabapentin. That pretty much took 100% of the WD symptoms away for me. BUT, I didnt like the way it made me feel (personally). I wonder if there is away to stop the symptoms somehow? With a pill thats specifically made for that.

Does anyone think that it might be possible for a pharma company (or someone else for that matter) to make a drug that can stop all WD from opiates? There are several drugs out there that can help. Ie. Gabapentin. That pretty much took 100% of the WD symptoms away for me. BUT, I didnt like the way it made me feel (personally). I wonder if there is away to stop the symptoms somehow? With a pill thats specifically made for that.
As of now, there is no medication that can save you from the claws of WD. Well Ibogaine's been proven to be effective at reseting your brain, if you haven't read about it i encourage you to do some research. It tickles your brain in some profound ways that it stops wds in a matter of 2-3 days. The bad thing about Ibogaine is that people with heart issues are at risk of dying when they try a flood dose. Although is just a small portion of ppl that try Ibogaine that die(less that 1%).There's even a documentary/documentaries about it on youtube. Hope my 0.02 cents helps u a bit. NZN

As of now, there is no medication that can save you from the claws of WD. Well Ibogaine's been proven to be effective at reseting your brain, if you haven't read about it i encourage you to do some research. It tickles your brain in some profound ways that it stops wds in a matter of 2-3 days. The bad thing about Ibogaine is that people with heart issues are at risk of dying when they try a flood dose. Although is just a small portion of ppl that try Ibogaine that die(less that 1%).There's even a documentary/documentaries about it on youtube. Hope my 0.02 cents helps u a bit. NZN
Very interesting! Personally, ive been off opiates for about 4-5 months, so im not currently WD'ing. But It would definitely be awesome if someone made something like this.

Ill check that out!

I dont know if this would have a chemical solution. I think a epigenetic approach would likely be more realistic. I think the future of biochemistry will be less focused on drug development and geared more towards gene editing/therapy to prevent addiction and the onset of tolerance to medications.

Ibogaine temporarily blocks withdrawal as it works at opioid receptors (and a shit ton of other receptors, its pharmacology is majestically complex) and in a flood dose, it lasts a long time because it takes many, many half-lives to clear your body. And its metabolites also work to help block withdrawal. Also, being a psychedelic, the experience that comes along with it tends to realign your thoughts and inspire you to change. I did it, personally, and it was like I woke up from a dream after the experience was done (like a week long all things considered, it lasted so long), and just did not want opiates anymore, even though very light withdrawals came back after it cleared my system (but just a little restlessness and difficulty sleeping at that point). I'd say ibogaine is the closest thing, but it's a huge commitment, too. It's a very intense experience and as someone else mentioned, it's hard on the heart so there is some danger involved.

Ibogaine temporarily blocks withdrawal as it works at opioid receptors (and a shit ton of other receptors, its pharmacology is majestically complex) and in a flood dose, it lasts a long time because it takes many, many half-lives to clear your body. And its metabolites also work to help block withdrawal. Also, being a psychedelic, the experience that comes along with it tends to realign your thoughts and inspire you to change. I did it, personally, and it was like I woke up from a dream after the experience was done (like a week long all things considered, it lasted so long), and just did not want opiates anymore, even though very light withdrawals came back after it cleared my system (but just a little restlessness and difficulty sleeping at that point). I'd say ibogaine is the closest thing, but it's a huge commitment, too. It's a very intense experience and as someone else mentioned, it's hard on the heart so there is some danger involved.
Although it is a very scary/intense experience, i think ANYBODY would prefer doing ibogaine than going cold turkey from Methadone or fentanyl. That's skipping ton of unnecesary excruciating pain IMO. NZN

Although it is a very scary/intense experience, i think ANYBODY would prefer doing ibogaine than going cold turkey from Methadone or fentanyl. That's skipping ton of unnecesary excruciating pain IMO. NZN

I didn't find it scary, but it was very, very intense. But then psychedelics are my favorite class of drugs by far and I've tripped a whole lot.

Im sorry, so if you take this drug it will take the WDs completely away?

Not following you? If so you are very lucky as most think they got it under control and then BOOM, your in and can’t get out!!

Moderation long term doesn’t exist by the very definition of how opiates/Opioids work.

What is your DOC? “Clear pure Opioid?”

In theory, yes I believe a drug could be developed that makes withdrawal essentially non existent. I don’t think we are even close enough to knowing and understanding all the mechanisms of addiction to be able to do so any time soon.

I think with our current understanding of addiction, you’d need to cut down the number of opiate receptors and probably simultaneously “potentiate” the effect exerted at the remaining sites.

I think much more realistic is the idea of developing drugs that do not create physical dependence while exerting their opi effect.

Current pain management medicine research and development is all about novel painkillers that either lack reinforcing edge Amy’s or target receptors without the same likelihood of addiction as a mu agonist or unselect I’ve opi,

For instance, DOR receptor modulators have similar nociceptive effects as mu agonists but are not known to be reinforcing. This may just be in rats though and way more research is needed