• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Do you think about death?

Yeah we are just wormfood. Life is a hard won energy guzzling machine - why would th universe have developed life if you could just as easily exist as yourself without needing any energy? floating around in space somehow? Whats going to keep "you" together? Scotch mist?

That's a very good point. Energy is required to resist entropy. So the idea of conscious 'souls' floating through the universe is frankly fuckin ridiculous...

The cats just had me out of bed cos her dried food is 2 hours old and she wanted some fresh so im wide awake now. Only got to bed about 2 hours ago after work! 😀😀

The cats just had me out of bed cos her dried food is 2 hours old and she wanted some fresh so im wide awake now. Only got to bed about 2 hours ago after work! 😀😀
Fuckin hell, I wouldn't want your job. I've been on the piss since 4pm (but I was out at 5am). What do you do?

(also, tell your cat to fuck off)

If i tell her to fuck off she sits on the bed kneading her claws for 20 minutes and purring in my ear.

Not sure death is eternal, think its just a few minutes then you are the same as before birth presumably.

Btw, if human life on earth is a simulation which a lot of scientists seem to suggest, then what is death?
Going back to where we were before birth would be the same as death. The being I am today didn't exist before I was born and it will almost certainly not exist again after I die (unless I or someone else does something to ensure it).
Maybe there's something after our minds and bodies die, but there will be no "I", once the information gets lost there's no going back... 'Cuz of entropy and all of that.

Hope we figure out how to partly stop and/or reverse ageing, so we can live long enough to discover a way to store the information/data related to our individual human experience (this info will contain our consciousness and everything that makes us who we are).
I would make a few copies of my data and store 2 or 3 copies in a vacuum at 0.1°K and protected from all kinds of radiation.
I would upload the remaining copy to the cloud, or put it in a replica of my original human body so I can keep living, once it begins to fail/age I'd return to my stash and take out another copy (and add my new memories if I wanted too).

Whether we live in a simulation or not doesn't really matter actually. It would only matter if our core information gets stored somewhere after the death of our simulated beings, but that isn't guaranteed.

Our lives are too short to worry about death. We die when we die, and that's it.

--The Universe produces Big Bangs
--Big Bangs produce Hydrogen
--Hydrogen produces Stars
--Stars produce Planets
--Planets produce Life
--Life produces You
--You produce reassurance that we are in fact Eternal, over the Internet.

all these steps are straightforward, no woowoo involved.

If you don't want to know, OK, thats another matter but its pretty straightforward that big bangs rip themselves apart into infinity, and that therefore, every possible combination within them will infinitely recur in every possible way.

Forever nothing, then a single big bang, then forever nothing is completely unlikely.

Working for the BBC is my motivation and life. Making a difference in the world through journalism and newsreading gives my every day a meaning.

My husband, three children and amazing work colleagues also inspire me to give my best every day.

Reeta

If i tell her to fuck off she sits on the bed kneading her claws for 20 minutes and purring in my ear.
I had to read that one twice to realise that it wasn't shits on the bed.

If one of my now dead cats would be pissed off he would let you know by pissing in my bedroom. Only when he was fucked off.

I think about death more often now that my brother was suddenly taken away from Arteriosclerosis at age 63. I'd like some input on this; is it normal to feel angry after the initial mourning? I feel anger now as to why he was taken so suddenly. Everyone i.e. family always thought I'd be the one to go first because of my opiate and alcohol addiction. I have a sister also who is 64. Who I love dearly. Any input on this? Thanks BL people.

not in yall area but hells yeah i think about death. lol used to try to ignore it and stay away from people. this worked at not seeing it and dealing with it. id hear this died or they passed but there was distance and of no concern.
well, when my dumb ass decided to "settle down" and live a domesticated (as opposed to feral) life , this all changed.
It is my worse fear to lose those i become close to (add furry family) but the older i get the more it happens. I welcome it but dont wanna leave a dependant left with the loss and i dont wanna lose those i depend on cause i will be effectively done emotionally and physically... i know i will quit eating and know that downward spiral.
it is now a race to find the balanced state in an attept to prepare for loss or i see a very dark day coming (not bobo but that would be crushing) that may wash me out. so yeah im thinkin about it as these days may come sooner than i would like... which is never but you know?

When I think of death I think of the Mark Twain quote. I am going back to the place I was before I was born, and it didn't seem to be a problem then either. :D

Nature is flawless. Total nothingness is desired by most beings. That is why we feel comfortable laying down to sleep and blink out. Or nod on heroin. Total periods of nonconsciousness. But Nature gives a lot of clues. It screws up our stuff with time. Earth rotates one day. Moon around Earth, one month. Earth around the sun, one year. Galaxy rotation er... uh, 26,000 years? Way beyond our expiration date.

But I do not think we get that beautiful nothingness. I think the school goes on. And that is why I follow some spiritual practices. My most important would be following the Golden Rule. Because there is importance to our lives. We deep down know the physical journey ends but something else continue. Nature gave us that too. Something exists in one state or another.

Yes the ship will pull in, the train will come to the station, and each and every one of us gets to die. There is Nature's sense of humor again. You can't die without life. One implies the other. And on and on....