• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

do you see dead people/relatives when tripping?

FrostyMcFailure

Bluelighter
So i dont trip anymore & havent for the last few months, i didnt trip unless i was getting blown out of the water so to say. The last few times i have i am out for a good 14+ hours and i will see deceased friends & fam mostly OD's but i often come back and remember weeks if not month later. This wouldnt be so bad but its often accompanied with rather vivid mental images & some are quiet unpleasant; of course its a pretty hard thing to remember since one tends to forget what the tripp itself is like rather quick memory wise. Does/has this happen to anyone else?

Last edited:
My dad died 18 months ago and I've often felt like I was seeing him or communicating with him when I've been tripping. On LSD sometimes - and through doing more LSD and thinking back to some conversations I had with my dad while he was alive, and going through some of his old books and stuff, I'm pretty convinced that he tripped himself a few times or at least was interested in tripping - but most of all on ketamine.

Some of these visions/encounters have been disturbing and others have been peaceful but overally I'm pretty sure it's not a healthy way of dealing with losing this person. I'm actually trying to take a break from tripping for a while because of that.

No never.

I have had myself turn into a dead person though while looking in mirror.

I would say don't take it personally or seriously it's just the drugs playing with your head just try to ignore it.

mushi mushi 88 said:
......I would say don't take it personally or seriously it's just the drugs playing with your head just try to ignore it.
To say this is to generalise, and might devalue an experience which is prompting some negotiation with one's psyche which could in fact be healing. In other words, such advice might tempt one to avoid or back off from a valuable opportunity. Then again I accept it might not. Each occasion is different.

Frosty - during breakthrough Salvia trips I have seen my dead father's head floating past me, and also seen two identical versions of him walking
in the distance. I prefer to think that it's my psyche telling me that there's still some "unfinished business" that I need to work through.

I suppose my perspective is that it's not the drugs playing with my head, but my head playing with the drugs ;)

Yeah, thinking about people I've loved who have died is one of the most magical and precious things about psychedelics for me. I don't see their face or any of that bollocks but I hear their voice in my mind and remember laughs we shared.

well I would usually eat a mouthful of paper which would lead to an intense experience & most likely me not moving for a gooodd few hours. Actual "hard" drugs dont induce this, mainly once breaking through the vail with a psych with a medium-long duration. Some graphic shiz if i may say so myself; i am aware my brain blocks it out after the initial experience much like a filter catches dust but i find it inevitable that some of that dirt spills over and bounces back into my mental imaging weeks if not months later. Not so pretty pictures usually either, mostly younger peoples. Off the top of my head the 3 pplz who showed up most often, a close bro OD 18 & another 20 od along my sister 20. So its not like happy cheery time in FUNLAND by anymeans. I figure theirs no way to get around this excluding withholding from use, so heeerreee iii am!

Last edited:
EntheoDjinn said:
I suppose my perspective is that it's not the drugs playing with my head, but my head playing with the drugs ;)

Just wanted to say that's a really nice way of putting it. I totally agree

Hasen't everyone seen their dead grandma crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth? Damn I love that movie.

I've seen live people that aren't there and been weirded out before, but never dead people I knew while they were alive. It's not that uncommon for me to see or at least carry out a conversation in my head with a historical figure, though.

Photos got no place here.

My first trip I did.

Thought I was only getting one hit but the guy decided he was going to high dose everyone and I ended up on 6 to 10 hits (just found this out a couple of months ago, about 2 years since that trip).

I remember seeing dead bodies on the wall (fresh dead) that were slit open chin to genitals.

Scary stuff.

haha wtf if you're not trippin on anti-cholinergics thats def not normal bud i just dont even know what to say to this

I did off dxm, but this was when i was binging. I saw dead people or evil shit of people in robes hanging upside down in a spiders web and they would be stationary all night. some with swords in hand some with rag blind folds etc.

I saw tht my last few months of tripping...but like i said i DXM'd alot. alot of binging

triiper said:
haha wtf if you're not trippin on anti-cholinergics thats def not normal bud i just dont even know what to say to this

Don't bother with things like that then. Have you not ever seen something that is not there when tripping? Thats odd.

I've seen stuff and even people that weren't there. However, I have never communicated with dead relatives. Never. Though, I'm sure if that were my intention of tripping I probably would have. I never have tripped to communicate with the dead and though this is not something I'm planning on, I'm sure it's possible to become a medium to the other side while on acid, shrooms, or any other psych even in moderate doses. No datura is necessary, I can assure you of that