• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you regret taking drugs?

Fuck no.

I don't even regret ever having taken the shitty ones I hate and that caused me problems. That's how sure I am.

In fact, I've quit smoking darts and I still think smoking is great. I only quit after 15ish years because of negative health effects it would eventually have. I'd do it again if given the chance.

The meth, not so much. I mean, I don't think it's great but I would deffo do it again, though only like twice.

As for the rest: it's all good times. :D

No I don't.

Though I do regret how I have used some drugs, namely weed. That shit fucked me up man. I know it's not a "hard" drug by most people's standards but it just really got to me. Though I probably wouldve never used the other positive shit I've done without using that much weed first so who knows

I've always been curious about drugs though, as far back as I can remember. Destined to be a degen I suppose lol. I just gotta see things for myself.

Not really, drugs have taught me a lot in the past 10 years. I've been through a dark period of excess but as i'm coming out of it I feel stronger than ever. I've been kneedeepinshit and now i value more the simple things in life. I still get high though but in moderation.

I don't think I can honestly regret without knowing what the other road would have been like. Spent a lot of time in the "Rooms" past couple years; have heard lots of folks say how drugs ruined/ wrecked them. Remember quite clearly the day. I woke a scared to death, beat down not lookin ya in the eye little dude. Lay down that night not a care in the world. Drugs let me come out and play. Allowed me to walk among the surface dwellers.
Many forms of addiction, just turn on any screen. Did I choose the most harmful? Will never know. One of my fav authors summed me up pretty well.
Find what you love, and let it kill you.
Let it drain from you your all. Let it cling
onto your back and weigh you down into
eventual nothingness. Let it kill you, and
let it devour your remains.

Morose? Not so. Whatever you do, do it with all you have.
BTW, what's with the whole reaction score Tally? Cardboard cookie/Bozo button for the winner(s)?

I don't regret it. I've met some very amazing people. I've been able to control my use so it isn't disturbing my life. I have had so many awesome experiences. And to be fair, trying drugs for the first time allowed me to see who really cared about me. My 'guardians' kicked me out of their house because they found out I was doing DXM. However, they did not talk to me about it, nor try to get me help. They simply saw me as a stereotypical junkie and weren't there for me at all.

One other thing concerning this thread question. Would really like to know approximate ages of respondents.
Got a feeling that with more than a few, it's to early to know yet. Maybe an old heads only thread?
Except for you Lady A, you're an old soul Darlin.
Ore maybe length of using time? Not hatin', just keep in mind lots of dabblers read this shit in hopes of being successful life long Diehards. Rare and we all know it. No sugar coating.

I am 29, been doing drugs since 15. weed mdma acid meth heroin tried everything pretty much but mainly meth and alcohol.
Done jail 4 years,... hospitalized many times, 5 car crashes, 3 suicide attempts, mental institution, rehab, upset family members, poverty and joblesness...
cant get a girlfriend, cant get a job, not even car insurance.
sure it sounds like i should regret it all.
but it is what it is.

One other thing concerning this thread question. Would really like to know approximate ages of respondents.
Got a feeling that with more than a few, it's to early to know yet. Maybe an old heads only thread?
Except for you Lady A, you're an old soul Darlin.
Ore maybe length of using time? Not hatin', just keep in mind lots of dabblers read this shit in hopes of being successful life long Diehards. Rare and we all know it. No sugar coating.
You make a good point indeed. It is rare, and it is possible many youngish "dabblers" are reading this thread thinking, "hah, I knew it, nothing wrong with doing lots of drugs!" (not saying that there is necessarily of course - but again, this statement requires understanding of some, maybe several caveats).

I think it's important however to recognise that all our experiences, good and bad, make us who we are, and wishing things had gone another way if we had only done something differently, made a different choice at a few key moments, is just pining for something that was never real and in all probability was never going to be real. None of our choices happen in a vacuum - people don't just suddenly "decide" to take a drug and from then on their life is changed, and the same with any other behaviour, with any other choice, whether to study a certain topic or not, whether to take on a certain job or not, whether to move somewhere new, or not...

People don't just randomly decide shit that alters the course of the rest of their life - even though we often think we do - and also have been sold this fantasy, culturally, in many ways, by the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps mythos", and the well-intentioned but flawed ramblings of many a motivational speaker - "just DECIDE to make a change!" - or those who have been lucky enough to do very well in life, but not lucky enough to recognise the part that luck played in this - "one day I just decided, you know, and here I am!"...

Decision making is a process, and whether we recognise it or not, every choice we make is a result of a myriad of influences and other choices made prior to this. This is why in a sense I really dislike questions like this, because they encourage IMO, a warped way of thinking about reality, and about one's life... one rooted in fantasy and with the potential to make one's view of how one's real life has panned out unfairly negative.

It's a really common flawed way of thinking of course. I hear people say shit like this all the time, "I wish I had done this, I wish I had behaved differently in some way back then"... maybe this is a communication failure on my part but it seems to be quite hard to get people to understand that well, actually if you had done that, then you would not exist, you would be an entirely different person in many other ways... so unless what you actually mean is "I wish I was someone else!" (and fair enough, some people do mean this, and I feel for them, the struggle to accept reality is real), then probably you don't actually wish that, if you thought about it a little bit more deeply.

Anyway I don't mind clarifying my age. I'm 31, and my first introduction to drug use was around 16 with alcohol. However I think it's unlikely my perspective on the illusory nature of regret will change no matter how old I get... I know, we all change as we age whether we expect to or not, but it's very hard for me to see that this isn't a pretty fundamental truth about being alive, although I know it's something that some people much older than I have never come to understand and maybe never will, so I consider myself very lucky to have come to that realisation at all.

Last edited:
You make a good point indeed. It is rare, and it is possible many youngish "dabblers" are reading this thread thinking, "hah, I knew it, nothing wrong with doing lots of drugs!" (not saying that there is necessarily of course - but again, this statement requires understanding of some, maybe several caveats).

I think it's important however to recognise that all our experiences, good and bad, make us who we are, and wishing things had gone another way if we had only done something differently, made a different choice at a few key moments, is just pining for something that was never real and in all probability was never going to be real. None of our choices happen in a vacuum - people don't just suddenly "decide" to take a drug and from then on their life is changed, and the same with any other behaviour, with any other choice, whether to study a certain topic or not, whether to take on a certain job or not, whether to move somewhere new, or not...

People don't just randomly decide shit that alters the course of the rest of their life - even though we often think we do - and also have been sold this fantasy, culturally, in many ways, by the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps mythos", and the well-intentioned but flawed ramblings of many a motivational speaker - "just DECIDE to make a change!" - or those who have been lucky enough to do very well in life, but not lucky enough to recognise the part that luck played in this - "one day I just decided, you know, and here I am!"...

Decision making is a process, and whether we recognise it or not, every choice we make is a result of a myriad of influences and other choices made prior to this. This is why in a sense I really dislike questions like this, because they encourage IMO, a warped way of thinking about reality, and about one's life... one rooted in fantasy and with the potential to make one's view of how one's real life has panned out unfairly negative.

It's a really common flawed way of thinking of course. I hear people say shit like this all the time, "I wish I had done this, I wish I had behaved differently in some way back then"... maybe this is a communication failure on my part but it seems to be quite hard to get people to understand that well, actually if you had done that, then you would not exist, you would be an entirely different person in many other ways... so unless what you actually mean is "I wish I was someone else!" (and fair enough, some people do mean this, and I feel for them, the struggle to accept reality is real), then probably you don't actually wish that, if you thought about it a little bit more deeply.

Anyway I don't mind clarifying my age. I'm 31, and my first introduction to drug use was around 16 with alcohol. However I think it's unlikely my perspective on the illusory nature of regret will change no matter how old I get... I know, we all change as we age whether we expect to or not, but it's very hard for me to see that this isn't a pretty fundamental truth about being alive, although I know it's something that some people much older than I have never come to understand and maybe never will, so I consider myself very lucky to have come to that realisation at all.
There's an arab saying "maktub" that means "It was written". Like you said sometimes we wonder what would have happened if we would have done some things differently but the reality is that our story is the only thing that could've happened. We are on this path called life to make mistakes and learn from them, if we wouldn't have made em we wouldn't have learned and be the persons that we are today. I've made a shit ton of mistakes but i've learned a lot from them and I don't regret anything because where i stand today is the only possible reality.

I've made a shit ton of mistakes but i've learned a lot from them and I don't regret anything because where i stand today is the only possible reality.
100% agree and I think that's a great attitude to have. I didn't know about that saying "maktub" so thanks for that. I think that this feeling that "maybe things could have been different" is at the root of the human struggle to accept reality, but once you can accept that they could not have been, it becomes a lot easier to accept and move past a lot of other difficult things such as grief, which I guess is essentially another form of regret, in a way, as well as grudges, resentment towards others and just any other things that stem from not being able to properly accept reality.

It's not possible to talk about this really without touching on free will a little, whether or not we have it, what that even means, because the obvious implication of this is that free will is somewhat illusory too. But it's not necessary to discount free will entirely here - maybe there are other alternate hypothetical worlds which blink out of existence one by one as humans make choices (or branch off into parallel but inaccessible alternate universes, depending what flavour of reality cake you prefer) - but the fact remains that the fact that you are where you are today is because this is how reality is, now, and those other hypothetical yous where you decided different things are not you. Maybe this all goes without saying... as I type that it seems like a self-evident truth, but again it seems to be a difficult thing for some people to accept, I don't think I'm personally capable of explaining it any better though if it's not obvious already.

I will say though obviously knowing this rationally and fully accepting it emotionally are 2 different things, and it can be a challenge to achieve the latter. Regret is a natural human emotion, and we also all need to take responsibility for our decisions, and for our mistakes, and knowing that probably we could not have acted any differently anyway doesn't absolve us of responsibility for our actions. In some sense to operate in this reality effectively requires holding a somewhat contradictory dichotomy in our heads - that we are responsible for the choices we make - and that (probably) we can only ever really decide one way. For example, it's probably not helpful to teach children that their lives are likely already written - and it can be harmful psychologically even for adults, as it can be used as an excuse to keep on making bad decisions, and completely reject any responsibility for one's actions. I'm not entirely clear what the solution to this is, as a species I think we're all still figuring that out.

I want to see drugs legal otc remedy. Alcohol is easy to abuse because it’s one of a few legalintoxicants. But antipsychotics have ruined my life. And it the government that forces them on you.

For starters, so appreciative for mature discussion. Have removed a few of my well intended, but miss taken ( or poorly communicated) posts due to comments. I find writing so much more difficult than verbalizing in conveyance, so
keep that in mind,please. Discussion
people don't just suddenly "decide" to take a drug and from then on their life is changed.
V, the above statement is, IMO, not entirely valid. Willing to bet there are quite a few on here that would argue that.Ask anyone who came out the gate with one of the Big 3 as an adolescent. Fact is, we're not wired to feel that good. And you can't un-feel that. Like your first real, time- stands still kiss. Precious!
And to clarify, by "drugs", I'm not referring to psychedelics, which though enlightening,even healing at best, at their worst actually reinforce the black holes of long term mental changes of chemical abuse, simply by their "flip the switch"
capabilities. The ability to experience psychosis hell and back in 48 hrs is a powerful thing. If only the Big 3 worked that way, lol. The Cartels would have to get regular jobs.

GoodJunkie, if you had known the end road of your first beer, rail, whatever, would ya? Hell no. Neither would I Brother. Tis' what 'tis does NOT mean born a fuck up,as pre- determined path concept implies. Rather, acceptance of the rear view. Not your map carved in stone. Remember that.
FREE WILL folks. What separates us from our furry little friends.

I'm not sure what big 3 you are referring to, although I can make a guess from context and I get the general point, I think, maybe cocaine, heroin and another?

In any case my point - which I do not think that you have contradicted - is that decisions don't just happen in a vacuum. Of course it is true that people who start using highly addictive drugs from an early age are especially vulnerable, but this seems to be also in support of the point I was making. It's never just one decision. Someone who from an early age was exposed to environments in which such drugs were easily accessible, frequently, is going to be OVERWHELMINGLY more likely to eventually decide to try them... and then decide to try them again... and again. It's never going to be just one decision.

Equally, it is, IMO, a far too simplistic viewpoint to assume that even if somehow, an individual was able to resist all the negative substance oriented influences from an early age, they would not have other problems, because they surely would. It's a highly unrealistic and artificial scenario to simply say "if you'd known you would lose an arm to heroin addiction by 25, would you ever start injecting heroin?"

How much information is the crystal ball providing here? If the alternative is an earlier suicide, what is preferable? How are we going to know this information is reliable, and how are we going to know that, armed with an absolute certainty about the results of one possible walk down the road of life, we don't embark upon an even more dangerous path with a false confidence that since we know what WOULD have happened to us had we acted one way, we can simply avoid it by just being a little more careful, just doing a few things differently...?

Finally - if one's childhood environment was so unstable or destructive that it was almost impossible NOT to develop a serious substance use problem, then asking this question has about as much value as asking someone who was molested as a child, "if you could go back and NOT be sexually abused, would you?"

I'm using very extreme examples here obviously, but it seems they may be necessary to illustrate the absurdity of the question and the lines of thinking it generates. With less extreme examples the question might be less offensive, but it is no less absurd.

I wish I never tried cocaine. I spent a significant chunk of my teens and early twenties hooked on it. I dealt drugs to support my habit. I'm over a decade free of it though.

Nah, nevah. Life's about exploring, there's no afterlife -- while that it's a good thing let's not be mistaken for acting childish. Know your limits.

If's and And's were pots and pans, then we'd call wishes dishes.
Lots of absurd on here ole' buddy. And while I agree that alcohol is as destructive as any,
the whole social acceptance since Prohibition really separates it. Drug forums' popularity
due largely to the social stigma that drugs carry. Only in past few have we overcome the Reefer Madness
paranoia.
If asked the topic question by a loved one, not just a face less avatar, will you baffle and dilute with philosophy?
Your child, younger sibling, etc.? No.
It's like being asked for directions when living in the country. I always ask the traveler, " direct route or scenic
route". Then I'm honest. If I can help that person get to where they're going, and maybe avoid potholes
and " dueling Banjos" I will.
48, 35 yrs in the mix. Weed @ 11 , IV coke @ 13. Highs and lows in life that I'm blessed to have experienced.
Amazing how they're intertwined.

And while I agree that alcohol is as destructive as any,
the whole social acceptance since Prohibition really separates it. Drug forums' popularity
due largely to the social stigma that drugs carry. Only in past few have we overcome the Reefer Madness
paranoia.
Was alcohol's destructiveness ever in question? Not sure how that's relevant. In any case I absolutely could not disagree with you more that drug forums' popularity is down to the social stigma, if anything, the opposite is true. Harm reduction as an approach to dealing with the reality of drug use is something that the world at large is still quite hostile towards. Members of drug forums such as these and even offline "forums" as such - both of which are inhibited in reach and size by the prohibitionist climate that you mention - are still very much a minority of the drug using populace who could benefit from access to such forums.

I feel that reefer madness is long behind us by now, but perhaps that's just my perception.

If asked the topic question by a loved one, not just a face less avatar, will you baffle and dilute with philosophy?
Your child, younger sibling, etc.? No.
If someone asks me a question that doesn't make sense to ask, represents a flawed understanding of reality, and is inclined to induce maladaptive patterns of thought, I will tell them exactly that. To do anything else would disrespect them, and would be doing them a disservice.

Baffle and dilute with philosophy? I dont see that I'm doing that, but perhaps I have not communicated clearly enough.

What is it your disagreement with that I've said, or what is it that I can make clearer?

It's like being asked for directions when living in the country. I always ask the traveler, " direct route or scenic
route". Then I'm honest. If I can help that person get to where they're going, and maybe avoid potholes
and " dueling Banjos" I will.
You've completely lost me here honestly. 😆

EDIT: Oh wait, maybe this is a metaphor. If a traveller asked me "Do you regret taking that road?", and I was in a rush, I'd say yeah, for sure, here's why. If I was not rushed, in a good mood, I might say "no, but I recommend you do not take it because X, Y and Z.

But substance problems involving regret are a far more serious issue than roads with potholes, and questions about them require far more serious answers.

Last edited:
My point is that you have to consider your audience. At what age did you come to this " enlightened perception", if I might ask? Are you a parent? Sibling? Did your early experience involve watering down the Henny in the family decanter?
And how are your views on the topic positive in any way towards HR? If only one young pup accesses this thread pre-experiment, on the fence so to say, they've clicked because they want an answer. Mind's still developing till early 20's
hence the hesitation. HR just what it says. If that can be DON'T rather than Proceed with Caution, then still a win.
Some do not have the capability to use responsibly, ( and that phrase definition in itself is a debate in itself).
Two cents of anyone, myself include, worth just that. Just keep it simple. Maybe old head thread, as suggested before.
If I've lost you, my apologies. Maybe because you're trying to give directions in unfamiliar territory?

Lexapro and clamoxyl duo forte.
Both prescribed by a doctor.
Neither has any narcotic/psychotropic effect.both have caused more physical damage than all other drugs I've taken combined.they had horrible side effects.they were damaging.regre taking them.dont regret taking any other drugs.