• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you regret taking drugs?

I've had a ton of great experiences on drugs (especially bonding with my drug buddies), but it was nothing compared to all of the pain that it caused me and my loved ones.

Having to call your mother at 2am to bail you out of jail is not worth all the "fun" in the world!

The opiates were my downfall and where massive problems arose. Before I got into using fentanyl, I was prescribed 90 Alpraz Bars a month + 30 10mg Diazepam from my psychiatrist, and the things I did underneath the influence of that many benzo’s are what to point to me saying that this is the ones I wish I never would’ve caved into using. I was a selfish, rude bar-tard for a year, crashing my car twice, a DUI, lying to my psychiatrist to get another refill, telling my partner at the time + mother the most selfish things, and causing so much stress in other’s life. If anything, opiates showed me a different side of things, put me through the ringer and added a few more tools to my toolbox in recovery. Even beyond 24 OD’s, and stealing money from loved ones to support my habit, I justified my benzo use since I was prescribed and coming off of those were pure delirious hell for 2 weeks that I will never forget.

I don’t regret taking drugs. I DO regret getting addicted. The drug I wish I’d never tried is Xanax (beginning of my addiction. Addictions transfer, though, and after that I was addicted to Fioricet and then Percocet and then poppy pods…etc)

Speaking of which, wish I’d never tried Fioricet, either. Abusing those (with all the Tylenol in them, I didn’t know what a CWE was back then) has done untold damage to my liver.

kratom?
nah, I love kratom...

I just regret having a family so closed-minded in that area, but I barely do hard drugs anymore, I'm into "supplement-land" and "nootropic-land" with occasional stim ab/use and occasional psychedelic mind-resets...

I did for a time, but just like anything in life it was a learning experience. Am glad for it

I regret hurting the people I hurt, I regret liying and cheating. I regret making my mother cry and my father pray for my soul. I regret selling pills to addicts like myself for profit. I regret the friends I ditched. I regret a lot of things but the drugs themselves didn't do these things. I did

Over 32 year i have had a lot of fun you could make a movie of my life there romance me and my wife together since 15 . Loads of fun and lots of hurt but now im only 47 i look young but now body saying no . These last couple of year on the gear then stop wds back on became a monthly thing im sick of it drugs dont do it no more but hate being clean wish i never had that first line of crank. I fucking loved it loved it i was driving a tractor to my aunts other peach orchard my mates were behind me i was standing up happy so fucking happy . What do i have to show for it now lost youth 2 suicide attempts countless affairs because of drugs how horny you get drug fuelled sex only saving grace is i functioned so home life was ok they had everything they needed.

I regret pushing the boundaries as far as I have at times. It's definitely led to a lot of heartache, headache, and mess to clean up in my life that I'm still cleaning up.

I don’t regret taking drugs. I DO regret getting addicted. The drug I wish I’d never tried is Xanax (beginning of my addiction. Addictions transfer, though, and after that I was addicted to Fioricet and then Percocet and then poppy pods…etc)

Speaking of which, wish I’d never tried Fioricet, either. Abusing those (with all the Tylenol in them, I didn’t know what a CWE was back then) has done untold damage to my liver.
Wow you’re like the only other person I’ve ever met (other than myself) that was addicted to Fioricet. I was prescribed really really huge amounts of that back in the day, I really can’t believe how much of them I was taking when I look back. My liver levels were getting high around the time I was yanked off them. I really loved fioricet though, I would drink lots of coffee on it (even though it has caffeine in it) with lots of weed. It’s probably good I stopped taking them but I still kinda wish I was like prescribed just a couple of them a month (like just 5-10 of em) to be honest.

I don't regret drugs except I do regret not understanding the damage if done incorrectly and acetaminophen that can be extracted.
And dosage control can be important also. It takes a lot to comprehend such knowledge. So much that the label on the pill box makes no sense at all sometimes now that I know what I do know.
It might just be a baseline or guidelines that can be helpful but it sure isn't reality to me. But sure can be looked at as excess of overindulging from my point of view. These meds do stay in you a long time and do have half life's.

The less toxic for me the healthier I can function with it.
I have gabapentin prescribed right now. But it is just too toxic for me and I barely do consider it a real medicine.
It feels like the effects of garbage. lol. And for a missed dosage just wait six more hours that's it !! More lol. Hmm.

Anyway I am much more careful now about any kind of labeled directions and dosages.
It's getting me through right now. But not taking anything as directed if I clearly don't have to.
Toxic, unnecessary, and as prescribed. No thank you.

So once again marijuana and tripping FTW. Nature supports awareness and also alternatives. And healthier choices too.
So I do not regret drugs and being able to understand them and learn from them.

Wow you’re like the only other person I’ve ever met (other than myself) that was addicted to Fioricet. I was prescribed really really huge amounts of that back in the day, I really can’t believe how much of them I was taking when I look back. My liver levels were getting high around the time I was yanked off them. I really loved fioricet though, I would drink lots of coffee on it (even though it has caffeine in it) with lots of weed. It’s probably good I stopped taking them but I still kinda wish I was like prescribed just a couple of them a month (like just 5-10 of em) to be honest.

Oh man, I used to LOVE Fioricet! They don't prescribe barbiturates much anymore. There was also a version of it back in the 1990's called Esgic.

They actually gave it to me in the hospital after my recent car accident and that's the only time that I've had it in 30 years.

Last edited: