• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do psychedelics evolve your soul energetically and emotionally?

I have used more heroin than alcohol over the years so I would pretty much agree with you in terms of preferences. I suppose I meant they are both addictive downers, and therefore their side-effects are not altogether dissimilar. Heroin can be a beautiful spiritual drug at times but many would say that for alcohol too. Their side-effects can be fairly wearing but agreed heroin is better. ....
I can't drink alcohol anymore; I get a severe migraine if I try. And the down time with alcohol is horrible. A drinking session is often the time one gets home from work until the time one goes to bed. The whole time you drink, you're completely useless as far as doing anything intellectual, artistic or physical unless you count bullshit bar conversations as worthwhile. Even if you eat a balanced diet, heavy alcohol use can ruin your health. Heroin, on the other hand, if you keep your use under control, lets you go about your day completely normally. I take it every day (currently morphine and not heroin). I sleep normally, eat normally, go to work normally, work out normally, study normally, interact with others normally. But I suppose it varies from person to person. As for being spiritual, that kind of wears off once the honeymoon period is over. Anyway, between alcohol and heroin, they've got the legal status backwards.

Last edited:
I think it's like being born again. Christian or otherwise. It's a way to show us that at any given time we can choose to be who ever we want to be.

It explains uncomfortable trips. Discomfort equals growth.

If you work through something and leave it behind and adopt something new.

I don't think your soul evolves, I think you personal connection/interpretation to your already perfect soul evolves.

We have these dream selves that we become disconnected with through routine. Psychedelics remind us of who we were and who we can be.