• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do most ppl not bother using a micron filter

onlyone3232

Ex-Bluelighter
Ive shot up a few times now & I didnt use a micron filter nor did anyone i did it with or have ever seen doing it.
Im just wondering if most ppl actually use one or not?
Ive never seen one but it cant be THAT dangerous to not use one because ive never seen anyone actually use on like I said.
How does a micron filter actually work btw?

Last edited:
It is a crucial step in HR to micron filter your solutions before IV'ing them. Please don't consider what other people can get away with as a reason to flaunt safety.

Is it THAT enjoyable to live with one arm, or to cease living entirely, because you're too lazy to filter your shots?

Not saying that you are lazy, just saying that it is crucial to your continued health to micron filter your shots. Micron filtering is not of course a fail safe way of ensuring that you live until your next shot. It IS however taking a few more risks out of the equation.

Please micron filter solutions before IV'ing them.

do u know how a micron filter works tripman?
I dont wanna live without an arm or anything but the ppl ive met have shot up for yrs & dont use em.
Im just wondering what percent of ppl actually use em cuz probably more ppl dont use em
I dont mean to be lazy ive just never had anyone show me how to do it
from what ive heard on here shooting up is pretty dangerous. ya cant miss the shot or anything

I do know how a micron filter works yes.

All the information you should need can be found here:Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

If you really don't think Micron filtering is important. Read this: IV complications Megathread.

Those two should give you some very solid information on IV HR and also why you SHOULD micron filter your shots.

You can get away with not micron filtering, you can also get away with playing in traffic. It all depends on the occasion. It only takes one particle in your syringe to kill you, or seriously fuck your shit up.

Consider it like playing russian roulette.

I'll give it a read I just cant imagine how u actually use one. like it said on wikipedia u can use cotton wool or cigarette filters.
say u put some water in with ya drugs that are in the bag instead of just sucking that water into the needle what do ya do do u let the cotton wool obsorb all the liquid than put the needle into the cotton & pull back the plunger. id imagine u wouldnt be able to get the water out using a needle once its obsorbed into cotton & a cigarette filter.
it also said on wikipedia that u can get ones that attach to a needle these sound good. do ya just soak the end of the needle in the water than pull back the plunger romove the micron filter & shoot?

Please take the time to read the above linked thread.

Remember that a piece of cotton or a cigarette filter is not a micron filter. It is simply a filter. Obviously filtering your shots in this manner is safer than not doing it at all. Always try to procure a micron filter.

You mix up your substance until it is completely dissolved into a solution. Then you place the filter in your solution, stick your syringe into the filter (carefully so as not to hit whatever it is you're mixing your shot in and dull your needle) then you draw into your syringe. The vacuum effect in the filter will draw up most of what you have that is active in the solution.

This is of course the method using a piece of cotton wool etc, micron filtering is properly explained in the megathread so I wont type it all out here again. :D. It's kind of late and as all you have to do is click the link I'm just going to leave you with that for now :D.

are u saying if i obsorb 30 units of water into a cigarette filter of cotton wool i can than put the needle into the filter & get almost 30 units back out. I might give it a try I dont have any cotton wool i do have a cigarette filter. i imagine it would blunten my needle even more & ive already used it a couple of times. i'll have to get a new needle if i keep using the same one. i read u should only use needles once to. so many rules

surely i can get some at the pharmacy.

(carefully so as not to hit whatever it is you're mixing your shot in and dull your needle)
^^ what does that mean?

It means dont press your needle into the spoon or whatever you have your substance in.

PLEASE dont reuse needles. This highly increases the chance of any blood borne diseases such as HIV or Hep C being contracted.

You can catch Hep C from your own dirty needle.

Essentially yes you should be able to get almost the same amount out of the filter.

Syringes should be readily available at your pharmacy or Needle Syringe Program.

omg u can catch hep c even if u dont share needles. now that's hard to beleive
I need to start hangin out with different ppl if i wanna continue continue using needles.

id like someone to show me how to do it properly.

"IV drug users represent the largest single risk group. Hepatitis C infection among intravenous drug users occurs at an alarming rate. As with HIV, the sharing of contaminated needles and syringes increases the chance of infection dramatically: incidence of HCV antibody rates among I.V. drug users has surpassed 50 percent in many studies and almost reached 100 percent in others. Within only six months to a year after beginning intravenous drug use, 50-80 percent of drug users test positive for the hepatitis C antibody. I.V. drug users account for about 30-40% of all identified cases, and about 50 percent of all new cases of the disease."

Source: Hep C

dont most ppl just put water in the bag they got the drugs in?
well im gunna have to get someone to show me how to do this i put 500 units of water in a sappy bag, added half a cigarette filter to obsorb the water then when i put the needle in the filter & pulled back the plunger I didnt even get half the water back out. good thing there was no drugs in there otherwise that would be more than half my money gone

yeah but i havnt shared any needles so im not so worried about hep c.
did u say by re-using your own needle u get an increased chance?
that doesnt make sense

Last edited:
No, I would say a large portion of users don't do this.

There are many reasons not to do it like this. Some substances require heat AND/OR citric acid to become water soluble, ALL substances should be weighed etc.

I have never seen anyone place water in their baggie and shoot it up. I've never really had "dose" bags I guess either.

citric acid ah. well meth & heroin dissolve in water not sure about coke.
but these should really be the only substances ppl use. pills have binders & all that crap i suppose thats the idea of a micro filter though
& ive never seen anyone weigh there dose.
u can never tell how much it is anyway. it's suppose to be like 0.1g but ofcourse it's gunna be cut with stuff

Whereabouts do you live? I know here in UK in certain places you can go to needle exchanges or pharmacies and get 'kit bags' which contain cups, needles, filters, citric acid powder etc.

If not available to you, it may even be worth buying some on the internet. You could get a couple dozen needles and filters for the price of a hit of gear.

australia i live. ive been told u can go to the pharmacy & get a fit pack i think it only contains the needles though.
ive used the same needle a few times now I need to get another one it's pretty blunt.
im gunna have to get someone to show me how to use a micron filter though cuz like i said i tried it using a cigarette filter & didnt get much water back out of it

Dude I am in Australia also.

A micron filter costs approximately .50 cents at your needle syringe program.

Fit packs can definitely be purchased from selected pharmacies.

well i dunno where the nearest needle exchange program is but yeah u can buy fit packs. are all the fit packs the same or do u have to ask what type of needle or anything? or what ya usin it for?

u from nsw btw?

well i dunno where the nearest needle exchange program is but yeah u can buy fit packs. are all the fit packs the same or do u have to ask what type of needle or anything? or what ya usin it for?

u from nsw btw?

If you can't find information here, use google to look. "Needle exchange <your location here>"