• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do most ppl not bother using a micron filter

Hehe trips already posted that, but some people clearly need it posting twice ;)

Microns are essential kit for anyone shooting, they reduce harm hugely, there's no question about that :)

Ah, sorry man. I will admit to skimming the thread and only noticed the link effie posted. :p

whoopsy.

Hehe. It's okay, I'm the most important mod.

So yeah, micron filtering = essential. You heard it from us all :D

Ive shot up a few times now & I didnt use a micron filter nor did anyone i did it with or have ever seen doing it.
Im just wondering if most ppl actually use one or not?
Ive never seen one but it cant be THAT dangerous to not use one because ive never seen anyone actually use on like I said.
How does a micron filter actually work btw?

I had been injecting suboxone pills, 10mg a day, until recently when I got put onto the film and I stopped injecting.

I never once used a micron filter, the stuff I injected was opaque white and chunky.

Who knows what damage not filtering did to me.
Potentially quite a bit.
But I still did it knowingly.

A micron filter removes these dangerous undisolved particles from your shot.

Go use a micron filter.
It's just plain safety.
Like a seatbelt.

^ indeed - a lot of people know the dangers and do it anyway - like wearing a seatbelt, as you say. I'm glad to hear you have stopped now though :)

In Australia you need to go to the local hospital or ATODS or community health centre for kits, of about 20 needles, some normal filters and some sterile wipes and a sharps disposal container.
All completely free.

Returns of needles, or needle exchanges, I haven't heard of anything like that in Australia, the places I've mentioned certainly don't ask for your used needles.

They used to give out fits and sterile water ampules, but not anymore for some reason.

You can purchase a kit from a chemist which has water in it, but these kits are not free.

I have never been able to buy micron filters from any chemist or anywhere else where I live in north Queensland, but perhaps they are available elsewhere.
They can be ordered from the Internet, but I don't have a credit card, and pay pal froze my account and took my money off me that was in the account, because I refused to send my original birth certificate and ORIGINAL drivers license overseas for them to take a look at.
So no micron filters for me.

If you can get them, do it.

My nose always used to bleed profusely after each shot, and I reckon it was because I was shooting without proper filtering.

Oh and I haven't confirmed this, but I'm thinking that proper filtering of suboxone will remove the naloxone, as N cannot dissolve in water, but may survive in unfiltered chunks.

They are called NSP's but you dont need to give them used needles to get fresh ones. All free in Tas. :D.

Unless after hours and then there is the syringe vending machine.

^ indeed - a lot of people know the dangers and do it anyway - like wearing a seatbelt, as you say. I'm glad to hear you have stopped now though :)

I've stopped, for now, but for the weirdest of reasons.

I was feeling high and happy when I went and seen my doctor last, and we was talking and I said to him I was going to stop injecting.
So I had to do it else I'd be embarrassed next time I came back to see him.

Lols.

My arms needs a break anyway, I'll see how I feel in six months, then I might decide to have a "relapse". He he he.

But when I do start injecting again, as is inevitable, it will be with micron filters.

Last edited:
^^ it might remove the naloxone if it doesn't dissolve, i'm not sure to be honest - but don't worry about it, it is completely ineffective when taken with buprenorphine, IV or not :)

edit: haha well whatever the reason, I am very glad you stopped, and also glad you will use a micron in the future :)

^^ it might remove the naloxone if it doesn't dissolve, i'm not sure to be honest - but don't worry about it, it is completely ineffective when taken with buprenorphine, IV or not :)

edit: haha well whatever the reason, I am very glad you stopped, and also glad you will use a micron in the future :)

Thanks.

Here is a thread from your regional forum that contains harm reduction contact info. The thread isn't specific to needle exchanges, but it certainly has some listed.

I know this thread is years old but... I just bought some .2 micron filters online. I also have some butterfly needles with built on filters. I am using micron filters from now on. I want to be as safe as I can as I like to bangs pills from time to time.

unfortunately most people don't use micron filters, unfortunately micron filters are not easily accessible to most people, and unfortunately most people have never heard of them. I don't understand why the needle exchanges I always went to didn't have them. You'll find IRL most people have absolutely NO knowledge of harm reduction, in Oakland this was a huge problem, out of about 200 people (maybe more) that I knew in Oakland CA, there was only one person who claimed NOT to have hepatitis C, well there were actually a few but I knew they must have it because I'd see them doing other peoples cottons that definitely did many times. I mean it was an epidemic of dangerous drug use out there, people picking up needles off the ground in shooting galleries and stuff. It's honestly difficult when you're a real down and out addict to always follow harm reduction protocol, I definitely did things out of desperation that I knew were wrong/bad/unhealthy, there was one period of time where the needle exchange didn't show up for a month, CALTRANS had stolen all my shit including my ID and wall greens and Rite Aide had just implemented this ridiculous policy where you needed an ID to purchase syringes, and none of my other friends had ID's either, so we were all using our old needles over and over. In the end there was a great exchange in Berkely but we could never find the time to get down there because we all had to hustle 24/7 basically.. anyway getting off topic, but in conclusion micron filters are great, you should tell everyone about them, tell your local needle exchange about them, and maybe one day they'll be easier for everyone to get.