View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Do Mescaline and DMT work safely on prozac

Mycophile

Bluelighter
So I've made a couple of these threads and barely anyone ever responds and it kind of pisses me off.

I SOOO badly want to be able to have life altering trips on different substances, really positive ones that could change my life for the better, but I've fucking been on Prozac for 28 years which means there's probably no way I'll ever get off of it, and so many psychedelics are either dangerous and/or don't work when on SSRIs (I'm on 60mgs of prozac and the highest dose is 80mgs)

For me, both shrooms and LSD have worked, though I think shrooms' effects are somewhat dampened, I have always been able to trip on both, so it's not like it's impossible to trip on SSRIs. I'm also on Klonopin.

2 psychs I really want to try are DMT and Mescaline (there's TONS more but I KNOW I can't take them, like Ayahusca, Ibogaine and 5-Meo DMT) and I've never been able to find them anyways, but if I could, would they work and is the interaction in any way safe, or would I be asking for serotonin syndrome?

I mean, I fucking have depression and OCD and anxiety and I BADLY want the positive life altering experience these drugs can bring and I'm jealous as fuck of everyone on here who can take these things. I'm afraid that without a life altering psychedelic experience on something more than shrooms or LSD I might never be able to break out of my rut, my depression and anxiety/OCD. Everyone acts like these drugs are MIRACLES and I WANT TO TRY THEM!!

Prozac has helped certain HORRIBLE OCD symptoms I have, but it in no way makes me happy. I want a life altering experience.

Someone please let me know if there's ANY other psychedelics that would work on SSRIs other than shrooms, LSD, LSA or Salvia (I know these work.)

Thanks.

Serotonin syndrome appears to be a possibility any times you do one or more substances which affect serotonin. Read that some say it can even occur with antagonists but I'm not sure about this. Mostly will the prozac just blunt your trip, I've tried shrooms , 5-MeO-MiPT and 1cP-LSD while on venlafaxine and the LSD was the only one to break through the SSRI 'blockade' due to receptor downregulation. Didn't get a full trip but nice visuals at least @ 200mcg, and a nice warm/positive afterglow. Have to say that I've did some combos which definitely can induce serotonin syndrome and I recommend such to nobody but psychedelics didn't bring on any early warning signs of SS (like yawning, headaches, tension).

DMT might be powerful enough to work as well, from mescaline you'd probably just get side effects like stimulation.

Serotonin syndrome appears to be a possibility any times you do one or more substances which affect serotonin. Read that some say it can even occur with antagonists but I'm not sure about this. Mostly will the prozac just blunt your trip, I've tried shrooms , 5-MeO-MiPT and 1cP-LSD while on venlafaxine and the LSD was the only one to break through the SSRI 'blockade' due to receptor downregulation. Didn't get a full trip but nice visuals at least @ 200mcg, and a nice warm/positive afterglow. Have to say that I've did some combos which definitely can induce serotonin syndrome and I recommend such to nobody but psychedelics didn't bring on any early warning signs of SS (like yawning, headaches, tension).

DMT might be powerful enough to work as well, from mescaline you'd probably just get side effects like stimulation.
Thanks for your response.

Well I've tripped about 8 times give or take on shrooms and probably about 6 give or take on LSD, and the both worked every time, but for most of my shroom trips I didn't get visuals, only some of them (the first I got TONS), but from what I have heard, even regardless of being on anything else people often don't get visuals off an 1/8th of shrooms. LSD didn't always produce visuals either, sometimes it gave me strong ones, but other times I just felt great. Like on shrooms I always felt very blissful and like life was great and got a strong body high. I also once tripped hard off morning glory seeds, but it was a bad experience cause I got really sick from whatever they put on the seeds cause I just ate them raw (I was young.)

So honestly, I think whether or not one gets strong effects from a number of psychedelics while on SSRIs is dependent on many factors like what kind of SSRI, what dosage, how long you have been on them, what psych. you are taking and its dosage, and many other personal factors relating to one's brain chemistry, because you had very little success with shrooms, whereas they never failed to make me feel really good and peaceful, but like I said, just not always visuals, and I bet if I took more than 1/8th I'd get visuals more likely. I honestly don't believe from what I've experienced or read that serotonin syndrome is a serious risk with shrooms or LSD, but it is with many other psychs.

I don't know if you are right that Mescaline wouldn't work. Honestly, I guess we are all just guessing, because for some of us they have worked on SSRIs and for others they haven't.

I fucking hate it. I want to be able to try all these great psychedelics but I can't.

Well, I'm definitely going to try growing shrooms soon, and since they have always worked in the past I think they'll work again, and I plan on taking more than an 8th.

I just doubt I can ever get off prozac without horrible WD and/or my OCD symptoms coming back, so it's not worth it.

But if anyone else knows anything else about whether or not these are certain other psychs would work then please let me know.

I'm in the exact same boat. Lexapro for just over a year at 30mg , I have an interest is shrooms, but don't know how safe it is or whether it will even work.

there's an interesting review article unfortunatly i don't have access to it:

the authors of the review article give a summary of it here: https://chacruna.net/serotonin-syndrome-risks-combining-psychedelics-antidepressants/

I'm in the exact same boat. Lexapro for just over a year at 30mg , I have an interest is shrooms, but don't know how safe it is or whether it will even work.
lexapro will decrease the overall effect, but it is generally "safe enough" to combine with shrooms, but unadvisable in general

you should familiarize yourself with the symptoms of serotonin syndrome to be safe

but very low risk of serotonin toxicity with SSRIs + classic non-phenethylamine psychedelics like shrooms (within normal dose range)