View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT while on Effexor (Vanlafaxine)

indianajones

Greenlighter
My friend is currently taking 75 mg Venlafaxine a day for minor anxiety issues. They don't suffer from depression or have any other conditions. They've recently learned and have been educating over the past few months on psychadelics, especially DMT. Cocaine has been used once but they did not like the stimulant effect all that much. Pot is used at most once a month. Alcohol is social drinking, about 3 or 4 drinks per week. Has been on Venlafaxine for a year with none of the strange side effects except for an increase in weight and the occasional dry mouth.

My friend has read that using DMT while on Venlafaxine will totally negate the DMT effect; however, users such as this were on very high doses of Venlafaxine and experiences are a broad spectrum. Has anyone here been on a small dose of SSNRI and taken DMT?

I would advise against it, waste of dmt. those meds suck anyway, never did shit for me. your best option would probably be finding an alternative, as ssri's and snri's don't even work better than placebo iirc

There isn't any dangerous interaction here to my knowledge. However, a lot of people report that SSRIs and SNRIs can dull trips significantly.

My personal theory (and I've yet to be proven wrong on this) is that if you smoke enough high quality DMT, you're gonna trip balls no matter what else you're on.

I find it frustrating that no one's offering a therapy whereby one can taper off Effexor while tapering ON to DMT or other plant medicines that might be legal in certain South American or Central American countries. That would be a detox program that would include incentive. Sounds like Effexor withdrawal is otherwise impossible for someone like me without time and money to call "time out" in life and stop working while I detox. Anybody know of shaman therapists, knowledgeable about plant medicines, that might conceivably offer powerful herbs with which to offset the negative aspects of SSRI withdrawal?

There's never a detox program to get off dangerous psych meds because that would be a liability