View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT.....trouble holding in breakthrough hit

YllwBrkRd

Greenlighter
Ok so SWIM recently obtained some DMT and after doing some research on best methods to vape/smoke it decided to make a very crude but simple rig.....SWIM cut the bottom of an empty 2 liter bottle off, wrapped a layer of aluminum foil around the opening at the bottom and attached it with one rubberband. Next SWIM removed the aluminum foil and put a slight indentation in the foil to hold the DMT, placed a strong dose inside reattached the foil to the bottle and started to light the underside with a regular bic lighter keeping the flame about an inch away from the foil and kept rotating the flame to prevent burning the DMT. So now after a minute or so the bottle was quite full of vapor SWIM couldnt see his hand through the bottle and noticed the DMT was basically all vaped. Then SWIM unscrewed the cap inhaled all the vapor quite easily in one fast strong pull sat back and screwed the cap back on and set it down. Now SWIM understood going in that you need to hold the vapor in for as long as possible but as soon as the bottle was placed on the floor and SWIM was holding the hit in the trip started to come on immediately and very strongly SWIM got scared at the speed and intensity of the trip and exhaled the vapor after maybe only a second or 2...SWIM is quite sure the dose was enough to breakthrough but not holding in the vapor long enough was SWIMS mistake I believe. My question is how can one deal with the intensity of the trip while still being able to hold in the vapor when using this paticular one hit breakthrough method?

Use something that can adsorb the molten DMT when heating it so that it can heat evenly and vaporize instead of partially burning. Pyrolysis products will be much harsher than the vaporized DMT itself.

Choreboy / steel wool is used but you need to fume off the machine oils before using materials like that, by heating very well first, or possibly by first applying a suitable solvent and washing it off, evaporating, then burn off the last residues. You must evaporate absolutely all solvent before heating because almost all are quite flamable.

Also meditate on it for a while before taking the hit. Basically all it takes is doing nothing and concentrating on vaping the DMT. Let those feelings of fear and excitement etc all happen for a while so that you can give them a place. That should calm you down partially so that you don't have to confront those feelings extremely suddenly.
That is not only a good idea with the issue you are having, but in general it can help to avoid having too chaotic trips as a result from the trip happening during 'frantic thought'. Meditating - don't be afraid to take 15-30 minutes - can help to put aside everything that's going on in your head, just the general stuff you have on your mind. Because if it's too much, it can leave little concentration for the trip and all that thought turns into a circus. If you are peaceful when hitting the DMT then in my experience the trip is not so chaotic, even if it can still be intricate.

Please quit the SWIM and read the rules (there are links at the top of this page), thanks :)

Thanks alot...just read about the SWIMMing wont do that again I apoligize....this is my first post on bluelight

You're totally excused for not knowing right away, welcome to the forum ;)

Yeah no worries, some forums require it so it's understandable.

Seems like it might be a better idea to try multiple hits to break through. You hold each one as long as you can but usually it's the third hit that gets you there.

Use something that can adsorb the molten DMT when heating it so that it can heat evenly and vaporize instead of partially burning. Pyrolysis products will be much harsher than the vaporized DMT itself.

Choreboy / steel wool is used but you need to fume off the machine oils before using materials like that, by heating very well first, or possibly by first applying a suitable solvent and washing it off, evaporating, then burn off the last residues. You must evaporate absolutely all solvent before heating because almost all are quite flamable.

Also meditate on it for a while before taking the hit. Basically all it takes is doing nothing and concentrating on vaping the DMT. Let those feelings of fear and excitement etc all happen for a while so that you can give them a place. That should calm you down partially so that you don't have to confront those feelings extremely suddenly.
That is not only a good idea with the issue you are having, but in general it can help to avoid having too chaotic trips as a result from the trip happening during 'frantic thought'. Meditating - don't be afraid to take 15-30 minutes - can help to put aside everything that's going on in your head, just the general stuff you have on your mind. Because if it's too much, it can leave little concentration for the trip and all that thought turns into a circus. If you are peaceful when hitting the DMT then in my experience the trip is not so chaotic, even if it can still be intricate.

Please quit the SWIM and read the rules (there are links at the top of this page), thanks :)

Great advice. I try and focus on the physical aspect as long as I can focus on my breath/chest it keeps the mind of the rocket I am about to take.

Use a dab rig if you have access to one. You can hit 45mg in one hit. Just use a banger and pour the dmt onto it after letting the banger cool for like 25 seconds after heating it up. It's the best way to smoke dmt imo

Definatly not opposed to tryin a dab rig....i think after doing alot of research about dmt its effects ect. For a couple years I thought that i was mentally prepared for what i was about to experience and oh boy was i wrong and as a result of the trip coming on so fast and intensely it scared the shit outta me so i exhaled the hit after not even 2 full seconds...anyone who says the come up is 30 seconds to a minute definatly didnt inhale the amount i did because once my lungs were full the trip came on immediately and strong as fu**. Cant wait to try again though!!!

Yeah I'd use a dab rig if I were you but if the quick comeup itself scares you a bit I'd recommend taking it slow and not rushing in to the break through, losing ones sense of awareness or consciousness can be quite surreal. Just make sure your mentally prepared and have a blast ;)