Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dmt preservation

POCOJUNTAS

Greenlighter
Hi everyone!
So my mate bought some DMT for first time, the color was kinda yellow, he smoked it in a DMT pipe after a couple of months of buying it and his experience wasn't like he expected. He told me it was really painful to smoke for the lungs and that the trip was very similar to lsd or shrooms, he had read that the hallucinations were very different from other psychedelics... Could this be that the DMT got oxidized, in that case how do you should preserve it and time to consume it, or was it just bad quality dmt?

well colour isn't really a precise indicator for everything because it could be due to impurities from the extraction process... you should also provide more information.. how was it stored, how was it smoked, etc. generally burning the DMT would be much harsher than vaporizing it.

similar visuals to mushrooms are surely common, especially with low doses. the active compounds are chemically and pharmacologically very similar to DMT.

PS: if degradation was a major problem, the batch would have changed it's appearance since the purchase. is this the case?

well colour isn't really a precise indicator for everything because it could be due to impurities from the extraction process... you should also provide more information.. how was it stored, how was it smoked, etc. generally burning the DMT would be much harsher than vaporizing it.

similar visuals to mushrooms are surely common, especially with low doses. the active compounds are chemically and pharmacologically very similar to DMT.

PS: if degradation was a major problem, the batch would have changed it's appearance since the purchase. is this the case?
Thanks for the answer Bagseed. My bad... it was bought through deep web, it was smoked through a pipe like this 374327714-IMG_3717.jpg and finally yes my mate told me the texture of the dmt changed

well degradation should only make it less potent, but probably not different in effects. how exactly did it change? did it go from crystalline to "gooey"?

That sounds like DMT to me. It's normal for it to be yellow. When DMT degrades it loses activity pretty much entirely. It hits the same receptors as LSD and mushrooms too so it's not going to be wildly different. Just more intense.

Oxidized DMT is not as good as some that is so fresh and so clean..

But it sounds like your friend had a DMT trip. Maybe it wasnt what he was looking for because he thought he would break through the first time (doesn't happen every time).

By the way, sounds like he burnt it. DMT hurts the lungs if you burn it, it needs to be vaporized, not smoked. Use less heat and your lungs will thank you.

why does it get oxidized? is necessary to consume it in a short time after buying it?

Heat, light, moisture, and oxygen are the main causes of oxidization. If you can keep it airtight, cold, out of the light, and with as little air as possible, it is easy to store for a long time. I've had DMT kept in a small glass jar inside a fridge last for at least 6 months with no change whatsoever. I had another jar of that same DMT sitting in a drawer in my bedroom (stays around 60-80 deg F) and within a month it changed from brilliant white to a light pinkish hue. Once oxidized it's weaker, so you need to smoke more, and for some reason it seems to give me less visuals too when it's oxidized.. Not sure if there's a scientific explanation for that or not but I'm not the only one of my crew to notice.